• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Jesus
It's the repetition of shapes in the designs
And I'm saying that neither of the designs have similar shapes.

Ignoring the fact that the archons don't share any design philosophy with their statues so it's kinda a nonstarter. Venti aint sporting wings and stripper gear and much to Tyaren's disappointment Zhongli isn't topless.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
And I'm saying that neither of the designs have similar shapes.

Ignoring the fact that the archons don't share any design philosophy with their statues so it's kinda a nonstarter. Venti aint sporting wings and stripper gear and much to Tyaren's disappointment Zhongli isn't topless.

Take a look in your own game, Venti has the braids, Zhongli has the same fringe and the rest is hidden under a hood, the symbol on his lap is the same as on the back of Zhongli's coat
The statue of the seven has Shogun's hair, but the big statue with the wings has Yaes or Saras

shogun's left side hair strand
E4InnAQUUAMSQRR

braid
E4InnSQVUAEmT-t

bob style hair
E4PEFfIVkAALYQy

Last edited:

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Hot take: none of the archons look especially interesting. Venti is a typical bard outfit, Zhongli is just a suit. This idea that Baal doesn't fit in cause her design isn't flashy or whatever is confusing me.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
I guess people expected her to look similar to the design of Kazuha's cinematic, long hair and all, instead of a braid, because of model clipping.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think my biggest issue with the electro trio is they're all just wearing incredibly standard japanese outfits, but made really fanservicy.

Like I don't love Ayaka, but at least she's an interesting twist on samurai gear. Yae, Raiden and Sara are "Here's Miko, here's tengu, here's hime... but without pants."

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still indifferent on it, though this is a game where the only designs I really like are Ningguang and maybe Beidou. Everything else doesn't really stand out to me.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The wings are very much like the Statue of the Hundred Eyes god which fuels the theory that the first Electro Archon has been possessing all the other Electro Archons since

you're gonna need to lead me through on how that detail leads to that theory. Cause I'm not seeing the throughline.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Beidou and Keqing look more like the Electro Archon, especially with how she's described.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what's worse... the fact that Godwin continues to cowardly lurk outside Mondstadt almost a year later, or that Paimon and the Traveler remain complicit in the lie by delivering his letters to Glory.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Not the biggest fan of Raiden's design but I honestly expected worse considering how waifu bait most of the women are in this game

I still like her more than Sara, who looks like she's wearing a bib to cover her boobs

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
lol, seeing old videos searching for the OST for the 1.0 trailer and found this

it's the Collected Miscellany for Diluc in japanese, uselly dainsleif (seto kaiba) is the one narrate all the video, but here Kaeya is the os narrating the video

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The wings are very much like the Statue of the Hundred Eyes god which fuels the theory that the first Electro Archon has been possessing all the other Electro Archons since

That was kinda what I was thinking, that maybe Yae was was the old one (that Zhongli called an old friend) and that Shogun is a new one

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
A glaring issue there is that Zhongli explicitly mentions the Thousand Arm, Thousand Eye God and It'd be rather dumb if he'd not mention that that's the previous electro ARCHON

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I think my biggest issue with the electro trio is they're all just wearing incredibly standard japanese outfits, but made really fanservicy.

Like I don't love Ayaka, but at least she's an interesting twist on samurai gear. Yae, Raiden and Sara are "Here's Miko, here's tengu, here's hime... but without pants."

Yeah I've shared the opinion before that one of the reasons the Inazuma designs have lacked some oomph is that we as an audience are more used to these kind of Japanese outfits in games, in comparison to the Chinese or German inspirations
It takes more to have them be impressive

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: none of the archons look especially interesting. Venti is a typical bard outfit, Zhongli is just a suit. This idea that Baal doesn't fit in cause her design isn't flashy or whatever is confusing me.
it's not about flashy it's about unique

NOBODY ELSE looks like venti or zhongli, it doesn't matter if you like them or not, they stand out because they're different

baal is generic, it doesn't matter if you like her or not, she doesn't stand out because she's not different

but I've said near exactly this to someone saying near exactly what you're saying here at least twice now and for some reason it doesn't stick

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, there's multiple bards with Venti's slacks in game.

He's just the twinkiest of the lot. So That unique piece doesn't really stand scrutiny.

As far as we currently know, nobody is rocking a kimono like Baal.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I held my tongue earlier, but definitely agree. They're meant to blend in but "man in a brown suit" and "brightly coloured bard" aren't inspired, sorry. Venti's got his little hat and cape but there's greater effort put into the patterns of Baal's outfit (Venti's in my top 3 favourite characters, but the outfit is nothing to write home about).

They're appropriate for their mortal professions, that's it. If/when we get to purchase their archon outfits, there'll be no looking back.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I know who to put on the bad taste list
some of y'all must go outside dressed full clown shoes
or like jorts

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I hope the game stops with these 20-day banners and runs 14-day ones. I am bored... If there are heroes you don't want, or re-run of stuff you already have, the patch becomes really uninteresting when you don't unlock anything new. I don't even have problem paying money, I just want to play with specific new toys...

I understand the sentiment and I wouldn't be mad if they did this, but at the same time I can't say this sounds at all exciting to me. Since the beginning of the year, I've pulled on the event banner three times (Xiao, Hu Tao, Zhongli). That's once every couple of months. And it's not *just* because I didn't want the other characters (I really regret not going for Ganyu, for example), it's because we get so few wishes. Unless more banners = more wishes, it would just be more stuff to sadly miss out on.

Also worth noting that Baal has the least interesting eyes of the three. Keqing's stare has more menace and just as much violet.

This is a good point. It's definitely part of what makes me iffy on Raiden. She's set up to be an autocrat and a villain and the sweet baby face makes me wonder if all the theories about how she's secretly somehow nice are going to pan out. I love a good villain redemption arc but, "Sure I did evil things but I meant well so that's okay right?" will make smoke come out of my ears.

The statue of the seven has Shogun's hair, but the big statue with the wings has Yaes or Saras

I had not noticed this at all. Thanks for pointing it out.

Venti is a typical bard outfit, Zhongli is just a suit.

You know, you're reminding me of how when I first started the game at launch I thought Venti was very boring-looking and even though I pulled on the event banner like I was supposed to, I was crossing my fingers and hoping to get someone else. Of course, now he's my favorite character both personality/story wise and also mechanically, so first impressions can be deceiving.

Same with Zhongli, actually. I don't like suits much, and I especially don't like brown suits, so I was really inclined to dislike him. But now he's also one of my favorites, both personality/story wise and mechanically!

I'm not sure what's worse... the fact that Godwin continues to cowardly lurk outside Mondstadt almost a year later, or that Paimon and the Traveler remain complicit in the lie by delivering his letters to Glory.

OMG STRONG AGREE. I really wish we had an option to spill the beans on that quest because Glory deserves better and I feel like such a jerk for being an accomplice to that stupid lie.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there's multiple bards with Venti's slacks in game.

He's just the twinkiest of the lot. So That unique piece doesn't really stand scrutiny.

As far as we currently know, nobody is rocking a kimono like Baal.
confirmation bias is the only way you can say anyone else looks like venti lmao

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
it's not about flashy it's about unique

NOBODY ELSE looks like venti or zhongli, it doesn't matter if you like them or not, they stand out because they're different

baal is generic, it doesn't matter if you like her or not, she doesn't stand out because she's not different

but I've said near exactly this to someone saying near exactly what you're saying here at least twice now and for some reason it doesn't stick

I would say the opposite. A bard and a man in literally a suit is not really unique. Besides you could say that to a lot of other characters. There is nobody else who looks like Beidou, Klee, Rosaria and so on.

Oct 27, 2017
I understand the sentiment and I wouldn't be mad if they did this, but at the same time I can't say this sounds at all exciting to me. Since the beginning of the year, I've pulled on the event banner three times (Xiao, Hu Tao, Zhongli). That's once every couple of months. And it's not *just* because I didn't want the other characters (I really regret not going for Ganyu, for example), it's because we get so few wishes. Unless more banners = more wishes, it would just be more stuff to sadly miss out on.

The game is becoming clogged with limited-characters. Running more frequent banners and introducing more characters are independent things, you can have just more re-runs/standard promotion without releasing more new characters.

The more it goes on, the harder it will be to do re-runs. At some point you might be waiting for more than one year to get specific re-run when there is 15 limited + 5 standard in the pool. And it will only get worse on year 2.

Same with the weapons banners.

But perhaps it is the business plan to make "missing" items so punishing that you will open the wallet instead of waiting forever for another chance.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Yeah I've shared the opinion before that one of the reasons the Inazuma designs have lacked some oomph is that we as an audience are more used to these kind of Japanese outfits in games, in comparison to the Chinese or German inspirations
It takes more to have them be impressive

I think your kind of right in that people know what they expect Japanese inspired outfits to look like and they didn't really do anything that wasn't like a basic version of that. But also no one dressed like a Genshin character in Germany haha so I don't know about those inspirations.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They do need to add more characters to the standard pool. Ayaka and Kazuha would be good choices. Or that Geo Bow dude so there's a 5* of every element on the standard banner.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I'm feeling pretty positive about the weapon banner. I know it's all a crapshoot--every banner is a crapshoot--but I've been doing my usual spend-one-save-one thing and because I don't want to pull on the event banner right now, I've been throwing a handful of wishes at the weapon banner. In the past few weeks I've gotten my first Sacrificial Sword, my first Favonious Lance, a copy of the Widsith, and I just got the new Fischl bow, the purple and black waltz one. I definitely got a dud or two in there (either a bell or a rainslasher, I forget which), and that covers about ~25 wishes, so higher than average luck.

I really, really wanted a sac sword and the Fischl bow, but even if the outcome had been worse I think I'd still feel pretty happy about sinking a few primos into the weapon banner. I mean, I'm still saving, and I still prioritize new limited characters, but I think I might keep up this habit whenever I'm skipping the event character.

The more it goes on, the harder it will be to do re-runs. At some point you might be waiting for more than one year to get specific re-run when there is 15 limited + 5 standard in the pool. And it will only get worse on year 2.

Yeah, they're going to have to change the re-run schedule before too long, and for exactly this reason. Kind of curious to see what they decide.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Zhongli's outfit, and even his constellation and burst, has so many Chinese cultural touchstones incoporated into it I don't even know where to start. It's not "just a suit." It's a really thoughtful and deliberate design.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
My sucrose is OK nothing special. Almost 700 EM but no other good stats. Guess I'll wait and see.
I wish my Sucrose had 700+ EM. The Maiden's Beloved domain has been bountiful in ways I did not want it to be. If they ever release a healer that damages with healing, I'll have a killer artifact set for them though.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
When do we know if Kazuha is broken?
Well if he's a better Sucrose then he should be really good. I haven't really studied him though because i really don't need him.
Kazuha's meant to be a sub DPS, not really a 5* Sucrose replacement. He can fill her EM bot role if you really wanted, but he's gonna be worse at it until his C2.
Honestly speaking, he's looking to be a bit of a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type -- seems like a solid unit who will do his role well and bring a variety of use to the table, but is not especially broken in any one way. Of course that tune may totally change once ppl finally get their hands on him for real, and keep in mind he could still get last minute buffs at release.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Kazuha's meant to be a sub DPS, not really a 5* Sucrose replacement. He can fill her EM bot role if you really wanted, but he's gonna be worse at it until his C2.
Honestly speaking, he's looking to be a bit of a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type -- seems like a solid unit who will do his role well and bring a variety of use to the table, but is not especially broken in any one way. Of course that tune may totally change once ppl finally get their hands on him for real, and keep in mind he could still get last minute buffs at release.
AKA another constellation trap scamming character. Easy no pull if so.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The next OT needs to be Genshin Impact IOT5I Fashion Impact

Reject Ayaka and Lumine's skin.

Save for real Inezuma heroes, the electro squad.

I hope the game stops with these 20-day banners and runs 14-day ones. I am bored... If there are heroes you don't want, or re-run of stuff you already have, the patch becomes really uninteresting when you don't unlock anything new. I don't even have problem paying money, I just want to play with specific new toys...

That final event chapter with bombs was really bad. In fact, every single event that relies on purging goblins is just meh. I would rather do more boat/gliding trials, or more Puppet boss.
But I want them both. ;_;

I'm kind of waiting to see how Ayaka feels in-game with her dash, so I'll try out her trial first. I really like Yoimiya though, those fireworks and animations are just amazing, and I love her outfit. She just looks like a fun character.

I agree about the banner duration, I wish we went back to two weeks banners. :/

baal's persona will have an alternate form that will be very menacing

she will have something similar to a delusion

yall watch
I've been thinking this since day one, something doesn't add up. I have a feeling maybe her E or Q transforms her into a being of destruction.

Oct 27, 2017

He doesn't need buffs.

He is very strong as a support-DPS.

He has more ATK, higher talent values, and EM as stat compared to Venti. He might be a little less convenient because of lower ER, and ult that doesn't pack CC in it, instead relying on E for grouping and CC, but he is going to be a monster. However, if you can plan around those, he has much higher damage potential than support-DPS Venti.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
AKA another constellation trap scamming character. Easy no pull if so.
Ehhh, I mean, obviously yeah most 5*s have large chunks of their kit locked behind cons, but I don't really get the impression from theorycrafters that he isn't 'complete' if you don't have x number of his cons. C1 and C2 are considered very good, but the only constellation that really changes him is his C6, which turns him viable as a mDPS.

He doesn't need buffs.

He is very strong as a support-DPS.

He has more ATK, higher talent values, and EM as stat compared to Venti. He might be a little less convenient because of lower ER, and ult that doesn't pack CC in it, instead relying on E for grouping and CC, but he is going to be a monster. However, if you can plan around those, he has much higher damage potential than support-DPS Venti.
Well of course he's gonna be a better support-DPS than Venti cuz Venti leans more into the support role while Kazuha leans into a sub DPS with support attributes role. I'm not saying Kazuha won't be strong or great as a sub DPS--in fact I think he's gonna be a fantastic character, I'm just saying the general impression I get from lurking the discussions around him is that he's gonna be solid but not super broken. Though obviously that impression could absolutely be wrong (it was for Ganyu, Hu Tao, heck even Albedo was really overlooked), and tbh I would be absolutely ecstatic if it was cuz I plan to pull for him regardless and would love for him to be completely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.