• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Exploration, primogems and tons of character interactions. We eating good. And Kaeya, Diluc, Albedo and Razor all at once? Mihoyo be like

XkSIXg9.gif

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I've heard everything from Ganyu reruns to Dendro dropping to now, Raiden coming. Doesn't seem like any of the leakers can agree on one yet.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've heard everything from Ganyu reruns to Dendro dropping to now, Raiden coming. Doesn't seem like any of the leakers can agree on one yet.
Ganyu re-run ON Raiden's banner. I mean, they split the rates on the weapon banners, why not do the same for the character banner as well?

Please God no.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, new region, of course there will be too many premos.
So, no 1.8 and 1.9?
nah everyone just calls 1.7 2.0 becasue of Inazuma but i just think it is confusing for no reason... im guessing Inazuma was just moved up to 1.7 i hope its all of it and we dont get the rest later.. then we get 1.8 and 1.9 and then 2.0... i mean maybe they will have it be 2.0 but isnt the closed beta.. 1.7? with Inazuma... 2.0 is probably The Chasm with new Dendro Element... also with more Inazuma stuff..?

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
nah everyone just calls 1.7 2.0 becasue of Inazuma but i just think it is confusing for no reason... im guessing Inazuma was just moved up to 1.7 i hope its all of it and we dont get the rest later.. then we get 1.8 and 1.9 and then 2.0... i mean maybe they will have it be 2.0 but isnt the closed beta.. 1.7? with Inazuma... 2.0 is probably The Chasm with new Dendro Element... also with more Inazuma stuff..?
It not because the a bunch players decided it, it's because the leaker found some files with 2.0. Also, in software development, they will jump to the big next increment when a milestone (Inazuma) is reach, which is probably Mihoyo decision.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are they going to do with that easy ass boss when the event is done?

The problem isn't that the boss is easy, it's that they hyped up the fight.

The new boss isn't any easier or harder than any of the other 40 resin world bosses except for maybe the primovishap, which is only fractionally more difficult than the rest of them.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Aren't they siblings...
technically not blood related so legal
Yeah, no blood relation. Sworn brotherhood is a common thing in chinese queer stories, and it has a different implication than the western notion of brothers.

There was actually a lot of drama in the western fanart circles because of translation differences, but they're the most popular pairing along with Zhongli and Childe. Mihoyo was more than glad to give a lot of new material to the fans with this event too, lol.

Last edited:

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
But it says in the first line of his bio that he is adopted
Yeah, I edited that out because it gets complicated. It has to do with the text not saying that in the chinese original, and the translation taking some liberties to show how strong their bond is. Like I said, it was a whole thing, haha. Either way, they aren't blood related.

what happened is a case of poor translation. the genshin translations focused on the "兄弟" part - the part that means "brother" - and took it to mean "adopted brother." this is incorrect. i double-checked with my family and they strongly rejected the idea that 義兄弟 = adopted

in fact, to say that someone is your ADOPTED brother would be an entirely different but similar phrase - 養兄弟 - with "養" meaning "to raise." the difference between 義 & 養 is crucial, for the former means to be bonded thru childhood, thru experiences. you are LIKE family.

養 means you ARE family. you are adopted, regardless of blood. what happened here is that the translators, trying to find the most efficient way to convey the bond between kaeya & diluc, made an error in saying "adopted brother." sworn brother is what it should be

'brother' is used in the sense that you're a 'brother' the way gang members call each other 'big bro' or 'little bro' - it's not biological OR filial relation at all. the translators failed to convey this, so now we got… a big brewhaha LMFAO

do w/ this info as you will
tackypies.tumblr.com

are diluc & kaeya brothers??

ok. with the diluc & kaeya issue going on i wanna put my two cents in as someone who 1) is a chinese speaker and 2) lives with a chinese family. ppl have been rlly confused abt what's going on w/...

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The early leaks which also leaked 1.7=2.0=Inazuma have said that 2.1 is Moonchase and Ganyu+Xiao. I'd go with trusting them, as they were leaks before the current set and got everything right back then.

The current leaks, basically anyone in the beta can get credit but these are very different leaks.

Last edited:

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
on Diluc and Kaeya, it's all up to interpretation I suppose

I see them as brothers but I'm certainly not going to bother any shippers

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest I avoid posting this type of thing here, but I was having so much fun with the quest today that I forgot this particular pairing can be contentious. Lol.

Speaking of which, after Windblume and Midsummer Island Adventure, the next Liyue event needs to step it up majorly. Having Zhongli waxing poetic and NPC bureaucracy with no other characters to be seen won't gonna cut it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This new area is getting deleted? That sucks. When is the 1.6 update?
Now I need to get on exploring this area before it's gone.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine introducing new, permanent areas would blow up the file size no?

If they had each patch introduce a smaller area to explore, solve puzzles, and crack open chests while we wait for the next major region, with the condition that the small area would disappear after the patch, I'd be down for a set up like that honestly. Exploring is where this game shines. Even if the new Archipelagos area is temporary, I appreciate it nonetheless. Though I agree, it does suck for those who get the game at a later date.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The file-size argument is just non-sense. These islands are a whole new map, they could be an optional download if really necessary.
And if they're struggling now with this, removing little areas ain't going to help compared to having 6 or 7 more Mondstadt/Liyue sized areas with new assets, cutscenes, tons of voice acting, music, etc.

The file-size argument is only brought up cause it's the only explanation that feels like a technical reason cause people still don't want to believe Mihoyo are putting so much effort into time-limited content simply because they can, not because they have to.

Heck, they even have "Limited" in their company name!
8qCABHH.png

Oct 27, 2017
You better be telling the truth.

• 2.1 in September
• Raiden-Shogun in it
• 20k gems from all quests/events/exploration

Otherwise, I will invade in your worlds and start assassinating characters. You log-in and you find a quest for organizing Kaeya's funeral instead.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Us getting Raiden-Shogun sooner than later would make sense. Despite being the archons, Venti and Zhongli were the first of the limited units released for their respective regions.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
cause people still don't want to believe Mihoyo are putting so much effort into time-limited content
Not really. It's brought up by those of us who have played other gachas and are used to having time limited content, with file size always being the reason. It's just the norm for us, so it's nothing more than that.

I do agree with you though that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make sense considering they still have 5 kingdoms left to create. I honestly think Mihoyo are just like "we'll figure it out later" which is why they've been stalling so hard with content.

I listened to this great video about this yesterday that talked about how Mihoyo are basically forcing gacha into a triple A title. Worth a listen if anyone is interested in this topic.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
High effort, low reward is a succinctly made point that does capture a lot of Genshin's current problems.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
The people who said this is a more farming patch lied to me. This is a Venti/Sucrose build patch.

Oct 27, 2017
High effort, low reward is a succinctly made point that does capture a lot of Genshin's current problems.

Cannot say that anything in Genshin is high effort or requires long sessions.

It is more like rationed daily engagement for the slow progress, while having both bullshit Artifact progression and hero/weapon pities that are designed to fuck you up giving stuff (even in the promotional item-debut timed banner) you don't want.

The people who said this is a more farming patch lied to me. This is a Venti/Sucrose build patch.

I think most people who own Venti had invested instantly with VV set, and decking out the hero should have been a priority before the patch. Maxing out artifacts is pointless when there is no target requiring those stats.

After tomorrow, the patch is going to slow down and we will have minor events until Kazuha... Endure!

Come on game, don't fuck this up, don't put Skyward Spine into Kazuha weapon banner. You want my Welkin money? Gimme Amos/WGS! (Stringless, Favonius Lance, Sacrificial Sword too)

Last edited:

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I listened to this great video about this yesterday that talked about how Mihoyo are basically forcing gacha into a triple A title. Worth a listen if anyone is interested in this topic.

I never know what to do when I watch a video like this. Like, gacha is fundamentally shitty & I definitely agree with that, but listening to someone say, "Hey, actually this whole game is predatory in a bad way!" as though it's a revelation just makes me tired. It's not like I disagree. I just feel like some sort of cognac-drinking divorcee listening to a teenager weeping over her first breakup or something like... wow, imagine, I must have been that young once.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I never know what to do when I watch a video like this. Like, gacha is fundamentally shitty & I definitely agree with that, but listening to someone say, "Hey, actually this whole game is predatory in a bad way!" as though it's a revelation just makes me tired. It's not like I disagree. I just feel like some sort of cognac-drinking divorcee listening to a teenager weeping over her first breakup or something like... wow, imagine, I must have been that young once.
Did you actually watch the video? The guy articulated himself quite well so I'm surprised that this was your take away.

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021

So rather than "fixing" Adventure Rank they're giving us this. It's something, I guess.

I think with Venti and Zhongli being friendly from the start, it made sense to have their banners early in the story, but it doesn't seem like Raiden will be friendly, so who knows. I don't really trust the "Uncles" about anything right now.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
"A lot of content creators". And there's the problem. Content creators need games with end game grindable content. Gacha games aren't that. They just aren't. Without PVP, there's really nothing to do for a content creator.

These games don't need to be a job. For content creators, they literally are a job. The number one reason people quit gacha games is because of the time commitment. Content creator goals and playerbase goals are not aligned.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Here's another video (ignore the clickbaity preview pic, lol.) that explains the issue (even though I don't fully agree with everything) quite well:

Him quitting is especially disappointing, because he was my favorite content creator of the game. And there are not that many quality content creators for Genshin. :(

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They'll all be back for Inazuma in five weeks, which is the funniest part of all this.

Content creators that are Genshin "gameplay" (guides, tips, tricks, etc) exclusive are fools. CCs that focus on one specific non-PVP gacha game are fools.

Oct 27, 2017
Did you actually watch the video? The guy articulated himself quite well so I'm surprised that this was your take away.

I wasn't planning on watching a fucking Genshin youtuber talk about the game, but after your comment, I thought maybe there is something insightful and...

... it is the same beaten horse "Timed events, Gacha daily grind, no replayable content" padded into 10 minutes.

Sorry, there is nothing good new or unique in it. The previous poster is right, we all know these problems, we don't need every youtuber making essays that Genshin needs endgame/replayable content updates.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Here's another video (ignore the clickbaity preview pic, lol.) that explains the issue (even though I don't fully agree with everything) quite well:

I hadn't really considered the point about there not being a reason to do certain new content unless you have the latest character. I lucked out on Eula, but, yeah, if you didn't then why would you regularly blow resin on Cryo Hypostatis or Azhdaha (who is tedious as hell to boot)? And same for that new masked boss. I did him three times to get the rewards and that's all because I don't expect to get Kazuha.

What resonated most with me was the thing about blowing your resin in about 10 minutes, after which there's little else to do if you've spent 10 minutes completing dailies. I don't mind a game not demanding too much time from me. That's not a bad thing per se, even though I'd like meaningful content that isn't gated. But, on top of the speed at which you can hit a wall daily, you can spend that (condensed) resin to do four runs of an artifact domain and just completely waste it on worthless drops or substat rolls. The combination of time-gating plus demoralizing drop rates is my number one issue with the game right now. And you have little choice but to engage with domains when you've got your talents where you want them, weapons leveled and characters ascended. One of the draws of leveling a character (that I actually want to use) is that I get a good reason not to do artifact domains for a while, but that's a band-aid solution.

Genshin was a really rewarding experience to me up to around AR 35 to 40, after which the game kind of takes a turn for the worse because it becomes all about resin. It's to be expected that things arent as exciting once you settle into a daily/weekly assignments routine because story content has run out, but there's gotta be a better loop than artifact domains.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.