• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
Also loving this event! I'm just happy we're spending so much time with Klee, Barbara and Jean too :3 Genshin has been under utilising its cast for waaaay toooo loooong

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
when your soundtrack is so good they incorporate it into a puzzle

IMG_2095-1024x768.jpg

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I've been playing an Overloaded Klee (Fischl support) on my alt for a bit now and I think the recent EM buffs actually makes it work, at least at WL4. I'm blowing up enemies all around and it fits her thematically as well.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I know my anticipated Beidou+Childe combo still isn't on par as my mainline and secondary Abyss DPS teams, so no more point in investing in it too heavily right now. But this patch is about anemo buffs - electro is going to need more of an overhaul than just some number tweaking, and Mihoyo knows it - if they want to sell big time Inazuma electro characters, true electro buffs are inevitable.

I do enjoy the EM buffs for Venti, but I still decided to shove Favonius + ER Noblesse back on him in the end since I'd still just rather have him pump out his burst as much as possible in Abyss solely for the utility.

Oct 27, 2017
I finally started the summer island content today and it's pretty cool. I can't believe it's going away when the event is over, given how large and full of chests, etc. I'm trying to convince some of my friends who have gotten bored with/given up Genshin to log in so they don't miss the event (maybe that's what Mihoyo is hoping for?), but they're not interested.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally started the summer island content today and it's pretty cool. I can't believe it's going away when the event is over, given how large and full of chests, etc. I'm trying to convince some of my friends who have gotten bored with/given up Genshin to log in so they don't miss the event (maybe that's what Mihoyo is hoping for?), but they're not interested.

Tbh, this whole limited decision with this might just make it easier for people to quit for good rather than trying to FOMOnger anyone back.

I find it incredibly stupid and short sighted to FOMOnger content like this.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017

With regards to Overloaded, the ICD he mentions seems to mostly apply to tanky enemies. I also have Kaeya for triggering Melt so it's not like I solely rely on Overloaded. Perhaps it's not good for abyss but I'm blowing shit up quickly and reliably in the overworld which is good enough for me.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Got a random Qiqi from the Klee banner. Not the chibi I thought id be getting to C1 but in the long run this may be better for now if thats all i get. I overleveled the world way back in the chalk prince by like 3 times or something and havent ever ground for artifacts to properly kit any character since launch. Im pretty decent add avoiding damage in this game so I punch above my rank a lot. When i do take hits though its big due to the gear issue. Sorry but i dont play a lot. I got a career and other things I do too so gear grindin aint my big priority.

Thanks for the healer buffs. Qiqi beats maxed Barbara even if Barbara revives you. Qiqi just does that damage and freezes em.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Simply because these islands will disappear in a few weeks, there should definitely be a treasure compass available, if not only for the last few days in order to clean up. :/

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Got a random Qiqi from the Klee banner. Not the chibi I thought id be getting to C1 but in the long run this may be better for now if thats all i get. I overleveled the world way back in the chalk prince by like 3 times or something and havent ever ground for artifacts to properly kit any character since launch. Im pretty decent add avoiding damage in this game so I punch above my rank a lot. When i do take hits though its big due to the gear issue. Sorry but i dont play a lot. I got a career and other things I do too so gear grindin aint my big priority.

Thanks for the healer buffs. Qiqi beats maxed Barbara even if Barbara revives you. Qiqi just does that damage and freezes em.
Are you aware that you can lower your world level now? I'm not sure how low you can go but you can at the very least reduce it by 1.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Are you aware that you can lower your world level now? I'm not sure how low you can go but you can at the very least reduce it by 1.
I did and its only by 1. It was added AFTER. The chalk prince event which not only world lecel screwed me but had a regisvines so glitched on me it either didnt spwan or its respawn to fresh mid fight withour me leavinnthe area. Just mid attack itd jolt to startup animation.

Fucked me on maxing out albedos sword

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
I haven't played in a while: how long does it take to get Barbara skin? Is it already attainable, or do we have to wait for challenges to unlock?

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Simply because these islands will disappear in a few weeks, there should definitely be a treasure compass available, if not only for the last few days in order to clean up. :/
Yup, it stresses me out not knowing how many chests I have left and where. On top of that some of the mini game chests seem to respawn with a new puzzle / mini game? Urgh FOMO is real with this event XD

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Was Ayaka always able to imbue her weapon with cryo? Or is that a new thing? I was wondering why they added the Keqing sword.

Edit: seems she always could.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I was running Xiao + Fischl + Xingui + Diona combo before EM buffs. Xiao swinging in the ring had 100+ base EM, and 200 EM from Diona. It was "enough" damage, but I am interested in going all-in with such playset now. Xiao isn't ideal, despite owning full anemo house, maybe Aether's weeb skin is the best hero for the playstyle.

I still think Electro is bad because all electro heroes are kind of mediocre. Even Fischl, you basically have no ULT, just a really good skill. Keqing is split between physical and electro, Razor is almost full physical. Beidou is this weird one-hit trickster. Lisa for memes only.

Hunting artifact sets is bullshit. I have all the pieces, but I cannot assemble them in the way to give 4-sets. Really want some rerolling ;(

Delete Maiden set from the game, leave the dungeon only for VV pieces.

I was 20 away from pity last week and did something exactly that stupid...

... and got a WGS, rewarding my compulsive ass. Do with that info what you will.

iu

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
after dragonspine you folks shoulda known to track chests/etc if it mattered to you lol

it seems there's a few common chests on the first map out on the smaller hilichurl flotsam piles that aren't there anymore after raising the islands. whoops; just as well these probably aren't tracked long-term

eexuylz.png

YR2OuBO.png

currently waiting for the rest of the event to unlock before i resume clearing/tracking- don't feel it's worth backtracking across the entire map multiple times

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious to see how they explain the islands rising. Jean mentioned something about machinery possibly being the cause, but how gigantic is it if it's able to raise islands out of the ocean?

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
after dragonspine you folks shoulda known to track chests/etc if it mattered to you lol

it seems there's a few common chests on the first map out on the smaller hilichurl flotsam piles that aren't there anymore after raising the islands. whoops; just as well these probably aren't tracked long-term

eexuylz.png

YR2OuBO.png

currently waiting for the rest of the event to unlock before i resume clearing/tracking- don't feel it's worth backtracking across the entire map multiple times
Those chests only had mora in, so there's not much loss. The common chests in the second stage all have normal contents + primogems.

Oct 27, 2017
don't
been there, and I got Skyward Pride instead
not the claymore I'm hoping for :|

Looks decent if paired with Eula. Everything is useful: high ATK, ER, Bonus Damage, Physical Attack passive. While I would prefer WGS (and it has mathematically superior stats that are playstyle/hero agnostic), I wouldn't be sad. It falls under the silver-tier: not great, not terrible. Beggars cannot be choosers at this point, it is standard pity after all, Qiqi, Harp or Aquila Favonia are there...

WGS > Lost Prayer > Amos > Pride > Others bad

Out of all heroes, I wouldn't mind Mona only.

Last edited:

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Sometimes I really feal bad to kill the hilichurls. They are running around the beach and are having fun while the big guy chills there.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the hilichurl thing is weird, especially after the Ella Musk event. It's like they went out of their way to place the churls in scenarios on these islands where they are just chilling and you run up on them to murder.

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say that I am a bit shocked at how many people are shocked at the 2nd day of the event being good or how the Islands expanded. Like, the entire trailer showed the Islands being bigger than what we got Day 1

===

According to new leak one of the new daily bosses has an absurd amount of health and complex mechanics... yikes. Azdaha but make it daily~
i hope inazuma is harder in the ow than the others... but im still staying on WL5 lol

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I find it interesting that all these hilichurls just... suddenly appeared... when the tide dropped. Did they hear about the islands expanding and instantly travel by boat for a vacay, or were they already on the islands all along, just living underwater? It's all very curious.

Oct 27, 2017
Also they got rid of the MC being an option even though they can't actually go on expeditions

i noticed that they moved the resin to the left of the abyss floor number on the map for some reason lol part 2 these vids got alot of stuff i didnt know about...
I wish mihoyo would really go insane in the detail in the patch notes.. :/ but its also fun to find vids like this the list the stuff not really known...
also i noticed in part 2 that the outfits are 4 stars @__@ soo they maybe 5 star ones in the future...?

Oct 27, 2017

eexuylz.png

YR2OuBO.png

i can understand wanting to do this but yeah dont know if its gonna keep changing too, so ima just not care as much and just play an extra hour or soo for the 40 days we get to play it... im sure my OCD while playing will net me most if not all of those chests... i will 100% do it for inazuma though.. lol

Last edited:

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Sometimes I really feal bad to kill the hilichurls. They are running around the beach and are having fun while the big guy chills there.

I legit feel bad for every hilichurl I end up killing.

You know the anemo slime and hilichurl sitting together on that island cliff? A pic was posted here yesterday iirc. Well, I went to take a photo of them too and as I mashed the O button to exit out of the menu, Venti fucking shot the hilichurl and I had to take them out. 😔

i hope inazuma is harder in the ow than the others
One beta tester assumed Inazuma's map would be AR gated. Enemies sound spongier, this is from another beta tester:

I have to rant a bit here, all the small monsters in Inazuma have high hp, and the machines all have high phys resistance, basically all the mobs have some kind of teleport movement (?), and the Fatui Mirror Maiden is insanely tanky, probably double that of normal bosses (I must remind you that I even had a full team of c6 characters with 200 crit damage to help me)
Phys characters are no longer limited to just daily grinding, I'm talking about you Eula (Abyss F12, Eula should be good for F12 with High tide phase since it's like extremely fast ER)

Last edited:

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Oct 27, 2017
I legit feel bad for every hilichurl I end up killing.

You know the anemo slime and hilichurl sitting together on that island cliff? A pic was posted here yesterday iirc. Well, I went to take a photo of them too and as I mashed the O button to exit out of the menu, Venti fucking shot the hilichurl and I had to take them out. 😔

One beta tester assumed Inazuma's map would be AR gated. Enemies sound spongier, this is from another beta tester:

I have to rant a bit here, all the small monsters in Inazuma have high hp, and the machines all have high phys resistance, basically all the mobs have some kind of teleport movement (?), and the Fatui Mirror Maiden is insanely tanky, probably double that of normal bosses (I must remind you that I even had a full team of c6 characters with 200 crit damage to help me)
Phys characters are no longer limited to just daily grinding, I'm talking about you Eula (Abyss F12, Eula should be good for F12 with High tide phase since it's like extremely fast ER)
well i hope its not too hard on WL5 but spongey does not equal difficulty.. :/

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I got my shiny new Wolf's Gravestone to level 90, and Eula now has an attack of about 2800...

See what you could've had if you'd joined me, Diluc? This is vengeance.

Oct 27, 2017
I find it interesting that all these hilichurls just... suddenly appeared... when the tide dropped. Did they hear about the islands expanding and instantly travel by boat for a vacay, or were they already on the islands all along, just living underwater? It's all very curious.

They die instantly in the water. Makes you wonder how and why would they build some wooden junk in the middle of the sea...

Maybe they just hibernate, like orcs in LotR.

Hollow earth? Maybe they live underground, cities and societies, the the morons are banished to the surface because all they do is dance and sit around.

How are you keeping up as the only member left in the No Diluc Haver Club? :(

He is not alone! There are dozens of us.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Fischl or Beidou for my Eula team? Or both?

Invested quite a lot in Beidou, thinking I'd never get the former - then two wishes into the character banner last night, I got her!

My current team is Eula, Xingqiu, Beidou... and then MC, while I hunt for someone else I fancy.

Everyone seems to say Fischl is awesome for Eula, but she's level one at the moment! So is she worth the investment after getting to level 50 with Beidou?

Status
Not open for further replies.