• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Question: how do the archons decide who to give a vision to? And why do they feel the need to do so? Especially outside their own kingdom.

I'm wondering because I was thinking about Ayaka and it occurred to me that I don't really understand why the cryo archon is giving people visions outside of her domain.
they really need to speed up banners/content delivery.
Yeahhh. I mean if we get one new character per patch, that's about 9 characters a year. 4*s seem to be less frequent, so it's like 12-15. Basically one a month. It's really slow for a gacha game. A 4 week cycle would be better and definitely stop the dragging feeling that occurs in the third week of every banner.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind characters taking a while to drop because of how long primogem + resource gathering takes, even with Welkin and BP. And I don't think they'd balance that if they sped up the content pipeline.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Question: how do the archons decide who to give a vision to? And why do they feel the need to do so? Especially outside their own kingdom.

I'm wondering because I was thinking about Ayaka and it occurred to me that I don't really understand why the cryo archon is giving people visions outside of her domain..

We don't know how Archons decide who gets visions. We don't even know if they affect people outside their domains.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We're definitely going to see Inazuma announced at the Summer Game Fest, probably with all the characters that they announced on Twitter being shown off.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Beidou repping the long flowing hair electro user look so Baal has to compromise.

… whoa spicy leaks. The future feels so close!

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
I love both Sara and Baals designs so I will carry on saving for both and rejecting everything from 1.6 and 2.0.

My biggest disappointment was Gorou, from his name and what Kazuha said about him I (foolishly) expected a top tier Aniki character to show up, instead we're getting a cute catboi who is cute but still disappointed.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I love both Sara and Baals designs so I will carry on saving for both and rejecting everything from 1.6 and 2.0.

My biggest disappointment was Gorou, from his name and what Kazuha said about him I (foolishly) expected a top tier Aniki character to show up, instead we're getting a cute catboi who is cute but still disappointed.

I'm gonna bet on Kamisato Ayato, Ayaka's older brother, for that, if he's not an npc

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
I'm gonna bet on Kamisato Ayato, Ayaka's older brother, for that, if he's not an npc
If he does become a character I expect him to be more like the calm, responsible and emotionally in-check older brother who works super hard for his family but doesn't show. He'd be like the character to tell the hot-head aniki to calm down and have many plans for when they go charging in head first.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Aww...thank you! :) That's actually really nice to hear that someone enjoys me posting them. I often get the feeling, or I'm outright told, it annoys people.
I love them too!
Can I just say that my biggest pet peeve about Zhongli chatter is the Big Dong epithet? I get that it seems ok because it's *complimentary* and how can flattery be offensive but at the end of the day it's still a case of, "Oooh your weird foreign name sounds like a dirty word and I'll never let you forget it."
When your right hand gal has a better design than the actual god she works for.
Super agree on this one. Shogun looks... fine. She looks fine. But Sara has more personality. I really hope the fake archon theory turns out to be true.
She looks a bit generic compared to Zhongli, that right away he looks pretty distinctive and cool.
On the other hand--this doesn't ring true for me. I actually found Zhongli's design very boring at first. Brown tux, yawn. But over time, I realized how well it fit his personality and his symbolism, and started to really like it. So sometimes perfection is not obvious at first glance.
HOLY SHIT, I just realized Mimi got a glow up!
Ugh I like her original design so much more, if only because it has a skirt instead of underwear.
Mimi looks like she's wearing a diaper lmao
They look like silk pajama shorts to me! Like these:

Celine Tulip Shortie

The Journelle Celine Tulip Shortie gives you the ideal, barely-there comfort for sleeping. The fluttering, open sides provide a light and airy fit that moves with you. The perfect addition to your sexy sleepwear collection made with exquisite silk for added elegance. Pair with the Journelle...
Which are basically underwear. I feel like Mihoyo heard everyone complaining about the shorts and was like, "Ok, fine, you're tired of shorts? Have some panties. We did all our design research on the La Perla webpage!"
1.6 is gonna be a real low point for gacha sales huh
I am newly inspired to SAVE.

Yoimiya looks a LOT cuter than I thought she would. I'd really planned to skip her, so yikes. Also love the baby anemo claymore, Tohma, the fox boy... but at the end of the day I'll pull the characters who fill gaps in my roster or who turn out to be super powerful.

the amount of wishes you get every patch

I actually think what you're noticing here is a thing called "intermittent reinforcement". Quick cut and paste definition: "Intermittent Reinforcement is a conditioning schedule in which a reward or punishment (reinforcement) is not administered every time the desired response is performed." -- basically, it's another psychological trick designed to keep us hooked.

The number of wishes we get every month will fluctuate. And it'll probably spike once a quarter, twice a year, something like that.

If you aren't farming a shitload of mora ley lines all throughout 1.6, you're doing 1.6 wrong.

I am taking this advice to heart.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
If he does become a character I expect him to be more like the calm, responsible and emotionally in-check older brother who works super hard for his family but doesn't show. He'd be like the character to tell the hot-head aniki to calm down and have many plans for when they go charging in head first.
Wouldn't he necessitate being the hot head, given his sister is already the super cool, calm and collected, all together type?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I love them too!

Can I just say that my biggest pet peeve about Zhongli chatter is the Big Dong epithet? I get that it seems ok because it's *complimentary* and how can flattery be offensive but at the end of the day it's still a case of, "Oooh your weird foreign name sounds like a dirty word and I'll never let you forget it."

Super agree on this one. Shogun looks... fine. She looks fine. But Sara has more personality. I really hope the fake archon theory turns out to be true.

On the other hand--this doesn't ring true for me. I actually found Zhongli's design very boring at first. Brown tux, yawn. But over time, I realized how well it fit his personality and his symbolism, and started to really like it. So sometimes perfection is not obvious at first glance.

Ugh I like her original design so much more, if only because it has a skirt instead of underwear.

They look like silk pajama shorts to me! Like these:

Celine Tulip Shortie

The Journelle Celine Tulip Shortie gives you the ideal, barely-there comfort for sleeping. The fluttering, open sides provide a light and airy fit that moves with you. The perfect addition to your sexy sleepwear collection made with exquisite silk for added elegance. Pair with the Journelle...
Which are basically underwear. I feel like Mihoyo heard everyone complaining about the shorts and was like, "Ok, fine, you're tired of shorts? Have some panties. We did all our design research on the La Perla webpage!"

I am newly inspired to SAVE.

Yoimiya looks a LOT cuter than I thought she would. I'd really planned to skip her, so yikes. Also love the baby anemo claymore, Tohma, the fox boy... but at the end of the day I'll pull the characters who fill gaps in my roster or who turn out to be super powerful.

I actually think what you're noticing here is a thing called "intermittent reinforcement". Quick cut and paste definition: "Intermittent Reinforcement is a conditioning schedule in which a reward or punishment (reinforcement) is not administered every time the desired response is performed." -- basically, it's another psychological trick designed to keep us hooked.

The number of wishes we get every month will fluctuate. And it'll probably spike once a quarter, twice a year, something like that.

I am taking this advice to heart.
Afaik it originated from the "big dick energy" vibe that was going around. It has nothing to do with his name being foreign. If you want to take it that way then it is what it is.

Don't remember this posted. About a month old. Just as a break from the leak talk.

Weirdly this came up on my YouTube feed today lol.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Ok I found a closer match to the Kokomi underwear:

Celine Tulip Shortie

Much closer to these boyshorts, hipster style with a v along the waistband. Really, these are just visible underwear. (Weirdly I kind of like Yoimiya's exposed bra but this is because I have a cranky pet peeve about the fact that elastics are a 20th century creation and there's a REASON why pre-20th century lingerie is so awkward, it's because nothing stretched. Bone was used to make structural undergarments because it was the most flexible yet sturdy material we could find.)

Afaik it originated from the "big dick energy" vibe that was going around. It has nothing to do with his name being foreign. If you want to take it that way then it is what it is.

If everyone just said, "Dude has big dick energy" I'd be cool with that. He does. The nickname sticks because it rhymes. Obviously the biggest offenders aren't here on this thread but it's so common, and it's not cool.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Reading up on Yoimiya's skills and the new artifact that gives you 50% increased normal/charged attack damage but you lose 15 energy makes me think of two potential playstyles. Either a full DPS with the new set where she relies entirely on skill and charged shot or a burst support where you just use her bursts with old sets like noblesse. I hope as a full DPS she is on par/competitive with Ganyu. She could always have last minute changes at the end of the beta to ramp up her power just like ganyu did. Does anyone know her ascension stat yet?

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
So once our Teapot hits Rank 9+ and we've purchased all the blueprints, what's the next best use for coins? Resin? Mora? EXP books? I could sit down and math it out, but I'd figured to ask here in case anyone already knows the best bang for the coin. Thanks!

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Wouldn't he necessitate being the hot head, given his sister is already the super cool, calm and collected, all together type?
Not really no, usually (in anime) when the rich/noble younger sister is like that then their older brother tends to either be even more of the responsible type (and a high chance an asshole/abuser/predator if its an light novel adaptation) or the (rare) type that dropped all their responsibilities and ran away but Ayakas voicelines disproves the runaway type.

Ofc Genshin can subvert that and I would love it.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
If everyone just said, "Dude has big dick energy" I'd be cool with that. He does. The nickname sticks because it rhymes. Obviously the biggest offenders aren't here on this thread but it's so common, and it's not cool.

I've always assumed it's because of both the rhyming thing and because of his Elemental Skill.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts on the designs so far:

1) Raiden: She looks ok... I actually a bit disappointed in the fact that she doesn't have the long, flowy hair like in the Kazuha backstory scene but I also understand that it would be HELL to implement and also could make it hard to read her movements during gameplay. Let me perch for a skin down the line tho.

2) Kujou Sara: She is very memorable but I actually wanted her to have some kind of pants or at least that the stocking cover her entire legs. Its ok tho! She still looks intimidating and I love her color scheme.

3) Tohma: He looks so, SOOOOO much like the Sanada Yukimura design from Samurai Warriors 4 (to the point of being a Pyro Polearm user) so I have no other choice but to stan.

4) Yae Sakura: I would have loved if she wore a more traditional hakama like the ones used by the shrine NPCs in the leaked screenshots but she is fine. Curious to read more about her friendship with Zhongli because she is totally going to be ||a fox spirit||

5) Kokomi: I love her design way more than Mimi... the power of a dark color scheme and connected sleeves! also the siren imagery that her "tail" made of cloth evokes is just :chef_kiss:

6) Yoimiya: She is fine... love the bandages and she will probably have a ton of funny animations because her character screams "mess"

7) Gorou: Trash, he looks like he belongs in that manga called Loveless 🤢

Oct 27, 2017

I have no doubt Genshin is engineered through all the latest psychological monetization, appeal and engagement tricks as core-pillars, but...

I don't think that this is the case with rewards. If people were feeling the diminishing rewards, I would believe that it would encourage saving wishes/building reserves for specific characters only.

Rewards are generally trending downwards: shitty bow, mandatory Diona, less primogems/wishes, no in-patch compensations, no log-in rewards... Perhaps they feel like the 1-1.3 was just too much. People were getting one of out 2-3 new characters, and were satisfied. Weapons were a whale thing, kind of pointless bling for the gameplay. Receiving too many characters is also impractical, as there is only enough XP resources for maximum one hero every month without cash-injections, or leveling them to like 70 6/6/6 tier only.

Welkins/BPs are probably in position to get most 5* characters, as long as losing 50/50 doesn't happen every time.

Weapon Banner borked, although Homa + WGS has shown those morons that people WILL spend money when both weapons are good, and perhaps 4* aren't filled with Bells and Eyes. But no... we have to go back to one stronger, one weaker weapon deployment. We literally have data to prove that a good weapon banner is a major source of income, racking-up as much income as lowest popularity 5* heroes.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also yeah I'm officially into hoarding mode with my primos. Also I haven't done any hangouts to collect primos from there either.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I found a closer match to the Kokomi underwear:

Celine Tulip Shortie

Much closer to these boyshorts, hipster style with a v along the waistband. Really, these are just visible underwear. (Weirdly I kind of like Yoimiya's exposed bra but this is because I have a cranky pet peeve about the fact that elastics are a 20th century creation and there's a REASON why pre-20th century lingerie is so awkward, it's because nothing stretched. Bone was used to make structural undergarments because it was the most flexible yet sturdy material we could find.)

Fair enough. Well I meant no disrespect by it when I've said it, but I'll lay off using it. I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A look at how the materials look
3ptv2ueq7w371.png

e8qs9dmu7w371.png

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As I'm only interested in the Shogun, I'm fine considering I have 400 purple exp books and she's at least 2 patches/battle passes away.

You're right on mora though.

So once our Teapot hits Rank 9+ and we've purchased all the blueprints, what's the next best use for coins? Resin? Mora? EXP books? I could sit down and math it out, but I'd figured to ask here in case anyone already knows the best bang for the coin. Thanks!
Whatever you need the most, I guess. I use it on the resin and the artifact exp bottles.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Anyone still looking forward to Kazuha at least? I have been saving since Xiao and am sitting at 18k primos, 27 wishes, and im in the mid-70s towards my 100% guaranteed 90 pity. So I want to get him, Yoimiya, and then probably Baal despite her kind of having a meh design. Still want all the archons lol.

Edit: I think I recently broke 1 billion mora and over 400 purple books too haha

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
New characters look cool but nobody makes me wanna not go for Kazuha and keep saving. He looks way too cool for me not to force him into main dps lol

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone still looking forward to Kazuha at least? I have been saving since Xiao and am sitting at 18k primos, 27 wishes, and im in the mid-70s towards my 100% guaranteed 90 pity. So I want to get him, Yoimiya, and then probably Baal despite her kind of having a meh design. Still want all the archons lol.

Edit: I think I recently broke 1 billion mora and over 400 purple books too haha
I'm still interested but his banner is really bad for me. YanFei, Diona, Xingqiu, and Ninguangg are the dupes I'm looking for now.

Plus I still really want Albedo. And the new sword looks bonkers so I want to save for that as well. I'm good skipping Baal unless she enables one of my main carries in some way. I don't have Venti and I've never regretted it so I don't really care that she's an archon.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
The new elites, mats and talent books give me finally the last push to only do leylines in 1.6.
No level books, no Mora (like always) and potentially 3 new characters i want to level, if i do end up rolling for Ayaka too.

So hell yeah, im looking forward to invest at least 4.000 Resin per leyline for the next 6 weeks~

Welp, theres just no way to ever find a new decent pyro goblet for Yoimiya, or any artifacts to fix my current characters. But it doesnt look like its possible to justify leylines grinding later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.