• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Ya love to see it
got a prototype book off Childe too, don't have the resin for the other bosses yet
E2ubbqbX0AEinVP

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Xiangling and Beidou are the two that come to mind for that ER set. It might work on carries and not just sub-dps, really depends on the strength of the 4-set bonus.

Imagine putting it on Eula and somehow not a meme build. :o

Yeah, definitely need to the actual number on the scaling first. If it's actually worth it to build around 4-set effect for damage or you're supposed to treat the 4-set effect as just nice (but insignificant) bonus instead.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I understand. I was just putting across what I thought poster intended, as I don't think they meant it to come across how you've taken it. But I do understand why it seems like that.

Out of curiosity what content are you struggling with? Maybe people here can help? I wasn't saying good gear is the only factor between passing and failing abyss, but it is the biggest. However team synergy is probably the next most important factor, and optimising your use of those teams would be pretty high up as well. And both of those are things other players can help with if you're stuck.

lol @ you and others still not getting I'm talking about physical disability and absolutely nothing to do with a lack of planning or nice artifacts. No, you can't help me.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Imagine putting it on Eula and somehow not a meme build. :o

Yeah, definitely need to the actual number on the scaling first. If it's actually worth it to build around 4-set effect for damage or you're supposed to treat the 4-set effect as just nice (but insignificant) bonus instead.
Lol I had Eula in mind as well because I've got skyward pride on her and she's at 165% ER already.

Most of her damage might come from the burst, but 4-set ER needs to compensate for damage bonuses applied to her normal attacks from current artifact sets, and that's a big ask.

On the other hand, it could make it viable to switch her out mid-burst for the instant proc and still deal a lot of damage while also having her burst ready off cooldown (burstbot Eula?) but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Saw on this on KQM. Apparently 1.7 will have 5 new characters and 2 new artifacts. Obviously grain of salt and all that.

original video: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1H5411g7fa?share_source=copy_web
translations by @dont worry i respect the karaoke

1.7 will have 5 new characters: Yoimiya, Ayaka, Sayu, Electro MC and 1 more 4*

Ayaka
No changes to Ayaka's kit so far, Ayaka cons were redone.

Yoimiya
5* teen body wearing shrine maiden attire. AA similar to other normal archers, Charged shots will result in AoE pyro damage. E is pyro infusion turns her into a HBG gatling gun. her Q does pyro damage in her vicinity, similar to xiangling (?), doesn't apply a very strong pyro aura, Low rate of application (rosaria's q ?). Talent and cons unknown

Sayu
4* anemo claymore. e short press is a quick burst of anemo damage, hold e becomes a ball that can roll (20s duration, does not consume stamina. Q throws out turin daruma, creating a stage, healing those who are below 70%, deal anemo damage to those above 70% hp. her q will lock onto 1 enemy, second ascension talent turns it into aoe, similar to diona's. "seeing as how sayu is carrying turin on her back, it's not hard to imagine that she will become a turin ball upon pressing e"

Electro MC
q and e can recharge energy for teammates, will be slightly better than anemo and geo mc in terms of combat value

2 completely new artifact sets

ER Set
the first artifact set is based on energy recharge. 2pc effect increase ER, 4pc effect increases burst damage based on er
Glacier and Snowfield
2nd set is a new cryo set, but we've had the info up on honey for a while (glacier and snowfield set)

Wouldn't 1.7 just be the Klee and Kazuha banners? They're never going to do 5 new characters in one patch anyway.

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
After reading the 1.7 leaks, it seems I'm not rolling for 12 weeks at least.

I have never understood the Ayaka hype and i'm not interested in another Pyro 5* now that I have Hu Tao

So yeah, more time to save for Baal and a 5* Water Character as I'm not getting Mona anytime soon.

I should also use this time to work in my other characters... so far i'm only satisfied with my Hu Tao build but of course, the artifact grind for Eula is taking forever.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this happened before for anyone else but when I did the wolf battle I complete skipped the second phase cause Eula's ult did so much damage that his health went well past the halfway point all the way to less than a third and it just never triggered.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I should also use this time to work in my other characters...

That's definitely what I'm doing. And I'm not unhappy about it, really. The game is making it so easy to save gems & catch up. Thanks, Miyoho? I guess?

My Zhongli's weapon is finally 90. I got Qiqi's auto-attack to 8 today thanks to the 'event' & she's starting to be really fun again, now that her artifacts are in ok shape. I'm still working on the final talents for Zhongli and Xingqiu, and leveling Chongyun and Mona. Chongyun is 74, Mona is 64, and I'm leveling weapons and talents as I go, have almost finished farming artifacts for them.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
My regret at getting Eula C2 gets bigger and bigger with every passing leak.
Wish I would of seen this yesterday, as someone with a C3 Eula I would of told you that C2 isn't worth it at all unless you're going straight for C3 as that's an actual good boost to her burst damage.

Even then I don't know if that was even worth it either with all these leaks. Sad about it.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the skins do come with some voicelines, but beyond that just $20-30 for a mesh swap of a slightly different attire.

Looks like the skins do come with some voicelines, but beyond that just $20-30 for a mesh swap of a slightly different attire.

This is so friggin good
Hard to believe Eula and Yanfei's stank story quests are in the same game

They've always had good trailers and story cutscenes. The usual problem is the thread between events/guiding the story.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

I will always bang the drum that a single new 5 star character is worth so much more than any constellation or weapon
A character with animation, abilities, voice actor, design, story vs a static sword model or a stat upgrade
the amount of work that goes into one ain't comparable , weapons and stat upgrades are cheaper to make and overpriced

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I will always bang the drum that a single new 5 star character is worth so much more than any constellation or weapon
A character with animation, abilities, voice actor, design, story vs a static sword model or a stat upgrade
the amount of work that goes into one ain't comparable , weapons and stat upgrades are cheaper to make and overpriced

I think that's why Mihoyo has been on a trend of "well if you want to use the character as they were really intended, better get that C1"

Hu Tao was especially egregious. Childe is close to that boat. Eula only exceeds Diluc levels with her own C1, but at least she feels the same. Zhongli is so brokenly good that his C0 is incredible and every individual constellation is incredible.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I think that's why Mihoyo has been on a trend of "well if you want to use the character as they were really intended, better get that C1"

Hu Tao was especially egregious. Childe is close to that boat. Eula only exceeds Diluc levels with her own C1, but at least she feels the same. Zhongli is so brokenly good that his C0 is incredible and every individual constellation is incredible.

Yeah, I feel like they begin at C6 as the "whole" character before carving them up into 7 pieces
Thing is with Hu Tao, I have her C0 and her stamina runs out about the time her E is up anyway so I've never felt C1 was essential, appealing on paper though. They've definitely made a habit of putting "quality of life" stuff on C1s to tempt people who would normally stop pulling at C0
My general rule is if a character is truly dull at C0, I'm not gonna pull

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want Kazuha, but there are so many characters coming up and not enough primos.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Some of this will probably bite them in the ass as the general audience continues to cool on pulling every banner, and more and more people spread out pulls. The more compartamentalized they make a kit feel behind constellations, the more likely it is someone tepid will just walk away from the banner (we already saw this with Childe to some degree, the word on the winds during his release was that his kit was jank without consts). Only someone as hyped as an Archon could get away with it and even then you risk a massive backlash if its another Zhongli scenario.

We've already been seeing this with the bevy of cryo/pyro waifus, people are getting tired of the same stuff. Eula's probably the most distinct of the repeated carry waifu DPS we've been spammed with and she's the worst performing banner since Childe.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
100% having the 5* character themselves is where the worth while content is, but this is still a numbers game and big RPG numbers reign supreme.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
plus the good content in the game doesn't require any kind of power and barely any skill

constellations are a mega scam and will continue to be until the end of time

Mar-Mar

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 30, 2017
Germany
You said it yourself. Some may find it enjoyable while you do not. Why is it a bad thing to give players more Resin if that's what they want? You are free to play the game the same way you're playing it right now. As for me, I would definitely like more Resin.
Ah, I think my point didn't come across. I like having something to come back to on a regular basis that is respectful of my time and allows me to play other games as well or do whatever I want to. I once played a gacha where it took two hours to do the dailies. You might say that I could choose not to do all of it, but I felt the need to do it, but it just stressed me out (it was the same every day and felt like work) and I eventually quit the game. It's also the reason why I don't play MMORPGs because these usually take up even more time a day even if you can quit and come back after some time.

That said, I'm happy to see content that you can sink your time into without being stressed about it. The teapot is one such example. You can invest a lot of time into decorating, but there is no need to

Basically I think we're on the same page, there was just a miscommunication haha
Yeah, that's what it was :D

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just hit AR56 and used the free wish on the standard banner.....

And JEAN HAS FINALLY COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just hit AR56 and used the free wish on the standard banner.....

And JEAN HAS FINALLY COME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Congrats! I want her so badly and prayed that she spooked me during my Eula pulls lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.