• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did you not get the free Diona? She is one of the better healers in the game IMO, the kind that not only has good healing without needing to actually play as the character to heal, but she has good utility outside of healing as well.

Yeah I have her at C4 actually. I just don't allow toddlers to fight lol.

I don't really build my team around who's the most optimal in battle. A character can be amazing but if I don't like their personality or design I'll never use them.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have her at C4 actually. I just don't allow toddlers to fight lol.

I don't really build my team around who's the most optimal in battle. A character can be amazing but if I don't like their personality or design I'll never use them.
This is the right attitude.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Basically, Zhongli. He makes every fight a lot less annoying. No worrying about getting interrupted, easy stun. Venti is similar. Huge gather, makes enemies immobile and incapable of attacking you.

Venti legit makes day to day gameplay better for me. I find it fun fighting bosses cause it's actually a challenged but the blossom fights you need to do for leveling up (instead of just leveling up via fighting) are tedious as hell without Venti to round up the enemies and their drops in one place. it makes fights that could take 7 minutes into 1 minute fights which really help when you have to do said fights 8 times in a role

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else felt like 1.5 flew by pretty quickly? The housing system kept me busy during any resin down time, and while I didn't participate in the Prop Hunt event, the events filled up the time fairly well (at least for me).
Yeah, it felt like it flew buy a lot faster than the other patches. I guess mainly because of the teapot and the sometimes overlapping events didn't hurt either.

That said it's also the patch that made me really realize how little actually building characters matter. For the teapot, Windtrace, Misty Dungeon and likely the upcoming Mimi Tomo event your actual character/team strength does not matter at all (if you didn't need to reach arbitrary adventure rank requirements to unlock them).

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need to hoard so I can actually play the characters I pulled for. Eula drained the bank.

Now I have Hu Tao and Beidou to prep, but I have nothing. The talent book event can't come soon enough as well

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Xingqiu is my preferred overworld healer. Enemy steps in a campfire or grass fire... welp it's dead, and you don't need fast healing between encounters so Xingqiu is good enough.

EDIT: Oh, and fire slimes are a very common encounter in overworld including quite a few leylines and some commissions, so having water damage that isn't Barbara is also a good overworld trait.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's also possible that Jean is available for Starglitter on the Paimon shop this time around, but for a hilarious cost (like 120 Starglitter or more).

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
image0-5.png

So ya, worst banner since Childe. She sold worse than pre-buff, Zhongli-on-the-horizon Albedo.

I might be curse considering Childe and Eula where the only banners I cared for. XD

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Besides general issues like people quitting the game, characters releasing with no place in the world, etc, I think they need to knock it off with DPS units. Players are realizing that Support > DPS.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Qiqi is still on my main team & I keep thinking all the people who dislike her just haven't sunk many resources into building her. Which--hey, if you don't like a character you probably shouldn't sink a ton of resources into building them! But also maybe realize a poorly built & neglected character isn't really a good basis for judgement? But that's just my hunch.

Qiqi is not the best unit--she really needs some added utility--but she is totally *fine* and fits into a lot of teams fairly easily... she heals, she has ok-if-not-great cryo application, and if you've stacked attack and physical damage like you should, it's very easy to freeze enemies and bang away at them with her very fast & reasonably hard-hitting auto attacks. I've still got a ways to go with mine but she's 86, with a pale flame/glad combo, good crit stats & a Flute & I'm always happy to swap to her. And she'll only get stronger!

Though most of my energy these days is on leveling Chongyun (71 now) and Mona (just did level 60 ascension) & this week I've leveled talents for Zhongli (meteor is 8) & should nab level 8 for Xingqiu's burst today as well. Back half of the week I'll focus on artifacts.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
This week, the game changed for me. I finally got Zongli and Eula acceptable enough gear for deployment, and what a difference. Running the latest instance with the 2 geovishaps has gone from around 80-90 seconds (with Ganyu/Barbara) to less than 50, and that's with me messing up Eula's combos and playing her like a monkey discovering a keyboard.

I am now a devotee to the Geo God.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is this all Catlysts, or just Klee?
Klee has Claymore properties on her attacks and skills, and i'm pretty sure Ningguang's Geo element lets her mine and break geo shields as well. Only other character I know of what has Claymore properties as a catalyst is Yanfei having it only on her charged attack and skill/burst, but it is impractical to use her for mining unless you're using Zhongli to mine and his skill is on cooldown.

Klee has fire damage on her Claymore-like attacks though, so she can also help burn down wooden shields, light fires, and bait out Dendro slimes, making her very useful for the overworld.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Klee has Claymore properties on her attacks and skills, and i'm pretty sure Ningguang's Geo element lets her mine and break geo shields as well. Only other character I know of what has Claymore properties as a catalyst is Yanfei having it only on her charged attack and skill/burst, but it is impractical to use her for mining unless you're using Zhongli to mine and his skill is on cooldown.

Klee has fire damage on her Claymore-like attacks though, so she can also help burn down wooden shields, light fires, and bait out Dendro slimes, making her very useful for the overworld.
Overworld is a joke though. They need to have way more interesting groupings of the more difficult enemies and far fewer hillcurl or at least a whole areas like that. There are very few.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Overworld is a joke though. They need to have way more interesting groupings of the more difficult enemies and far fewer hillcurl or at least a whole areas like that. There are very few.
I'm not talking about the overall difficulty of the monsters, but what you can actually do with one character. At the end of the day attacking hillichurl shields is annoying if you aren't breaking them, and Klee breaks all kinds. You also get her fire lighting and mining utility on the same character and can free up a party slot for other overworld utility like passive healing, freezing water, being able to pick up dandelion seeds, better movement, (EDIT: a shield to protect you from grass that's set on fire while picking up items) and so forth.

Last edited:

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
It's also possible that Jean is available for Starglitter on the Paimon shop this time around, but for a hilarious cost (like 120 Starglitter or more).

Yeah, I feel like 5 stars in the store have got to happen soon
Keqing banner numbers ain't worth, better to get more people pulling on the limited banners in order to get enough starglitter for the shop
Like can you imagine a Qiqi banner, I feel like that would actively cost MHY money
Jean is an especially appealing character to start with because her C2 is great.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
For the Honkai Impact players, had MHY ever given out a 5 Star character for free as part of an event?
They have given out a decent amount of S (closest equivalent to a 5*) characters for free, through new player events, seasonal events, and special events. There are also sometimes SP Units that are S that while you have to roll for them, they are basically guaranteed within like a single 10 pull (Asuka from NGE earlier this year and Hacker Bunny most recently)

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
An event where you get Jean would sell a lot of costumes and bring a lot of people back into the game so I dunno, it wouldn't super shock me. Then again Barbara has a costume too so they could give her instead.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
An event where you get Jean would sell a lot of costumes and bring a lot of people back into the game so I dunno, it wouldn't super shock me. Then again Barbara has a costume too so they could give her instead.

I can't see that happening
But I can see for Ludi Harpawhatever there being a choice of Mondstadt 4 stars, like there was for Lantern Rite
Give me my Bennett C5

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
I can't see that happening
But I can see for Ludi Harpawhatever there being a choice of Mondstadt 4 stars, like there was for Lantern Rite
Give me my Bennett C5

This seems like the most likely direction of what the event might be. While a free Jean would be amazing, I won't complain about being able to choose whatever Mondstadt 4 stars since it means I can just get a free Bennett constellation out of it

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have Noelle, Fischl, Barbara, Sucrose at C6 and Bennett at C5.
My options would be super slim.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is the bait before 1.7 and all of the Inazuma greatness. Resist everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.