• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
20 bucks to get a guaranteed 5* character?

You can tell how many genshin players are new to gacha lol.

20 dollars for costumes is about par for the course, if square can charge you like 30 bucks to take off Aranea helmet in Opera Omnia, Mihoyo can charge you for 20 for summer outfit. Welcome to the industry folks.
22$ is what it costs in AK plus a 10 roll, iirc Azur Lane does something similar too.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you are starting to cross the line from legitimate complains to just being toxic. Coming here to shit about the current char, event, skin, and banner literally every single day for the past 6 months is starting to be fucking annoying.

How many patches and reality slaps some of you need at this point to realize that the content you see every week is Genshin Impact? they know EXACTLY what they're doing with events because it's exactly the same they have done on Honkai for the last 5 years (including all these cool events being removed after they end) so if you're here after all this time waiting for some kind of light i have some really bad news.

And no, Inazuma will not change anything, because we will clear the zone in 1 week and then will go back to these events some of you despise so much. And that doesn't mean we will no get more permanent content, but who cares, given that content will also be bad, amirite?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized that people will be able to build their own tropical paradise in their teapot and then put beach Barbs and Jean in it. While that's not my kind of thing a lot of people will be able to live their dream with this, lol.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

The Jean outfit is nice and surprisingly classy for a swimsuit and she is one of my favorite characters to play with but no way in hell am I dropping $20 on an outfit.

The Barbara skin looks decent enough from what we've seen of the model. I'd expect similar overall for the Jean skin. Mostly just waiting now to see what exactly they do with it on the unit, but am currently leaning towards just a model swap and maybe some bonus lines.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
they know EXACTLY what they're doing with events because it's exactly the same they have done on Honkai for the last 5 years (including all these cool events being removed after they end) so if you're here after all this time waiting for some kind of light i have some really bad news.
Do Honkai events include temporary modes with little to no context? I was under the impression that Honkai events were more narrative driven.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
22$ is what it costs in AK plus a 10 roll, iirc Azur Lane does something similar too.

In Azur Lane you can get gems from commision, quest and also given regularly on the mail for milestones. So even F2P can buy skin too eventually.

Don't think MHY will ever give us free genesis crystals, orz.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
When is the double exp/mora week? i am kinda running real short but i don't want to grind for recourses now if there is a booster week coming.

Some of you are starting to cross the line from legitimate complains to just being toxic. Coming here to shit about the current char, event, skin, and banner literally every single day for the past 6 months is starting to be fucking annoying.

How many patches and reality slaps some of you need at this point to realize that the content you see every week is Genshin Impact? they know EXACTLY what they're doing with events because it's exactly the same they have done on Honkai for the last 5 years (including all these cool events being removed after they end) so if you're here after all this time waiting for some kind of light i have some really bad news.

And no, Inazuma will not change anything, because we will clear the zone in 1 week and then will go back to these events some of you despise so much. And that doesn't mean we will no get more permanent content, but who cares, given that content will also be bad, amirite?

Yeah, the constant negativity is getting pretty grating, there are some people here that complain about every aspect of every patch no matter what, and they have been doing so since launch and yet the keep playing the game while making damn sure the world knows just how much they hate it.

Like cheer up a bit, genshin is a fun dumb zelda clone, if you find the game so miserable just stop playing it and move on with your life, find something that doesn't make you miserable.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
When is the double exp/mora week? i am kinda running real short but i don't want to grind for recourses now if there is a booster week coming.

Pretty sure this patch is a double talent book week, not a leyline event. I'm excited for it because I do need more talent books, but at the same time I need sooooo much mora for leveling talents that I will have to spend the whole following week doing leylines >.<

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
I'm just happy that at least the skins are directly paid for and not tied to any banner which was my absolute worst case scenario.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Pretty sure this patch is a double talent book week, not a leyline event. I'm excited for it because I do need more talent books, but at the same time I need sooooo much mora for leveling talents that I will have to spend the whole following week doing leylines >.<

Oh goddamnit i just spent a bunch of time grinding talent books, oh well, off to the mora and exp mines i go i guess.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
In Azur Lane you can get gems from commision, quest and also given regularly on the mail for milestones. So even F2P can buy skin too eventually.

Don't think MHY will ever give us free genesis crystals, orz.
Oh I wasn't talking about the skins, but characters, yeah AK and AL do give you the resources to buy skins as a f2p, greedhoyo ain't about that life lol.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You have both, the same you see here.
I see, so just business as usual for Mihoyo.

Don't have any issues with the negativity tbh, people can rant about it all they want as long as they are respectful about other opinions.
I'm just happy that at least the skins are directly paid for and not tied to any banner which was my absolute worst case scenario.
To be fair, nothing stops them from adding that as another avenue for skins later on. A bit too early for a sigh of relief until we see how they're handled in the long term.

My only experience with paid skins comes from GBF, which is pretty expensive when it's paid.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Don't criticize. Just CONSUME.
A lot of the reason companies can get away with high priced cosmetics is because the people that don't consume said product usually aren't the target market.

With that said I don't really mind either way, since cosmetics aren't a pay to win element that requires developers to design the game balance around.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
There's gonna be costumes on special banners, you can bet on it. The big skins.

Something like this:

PD: Seems some of you also need to improve their reading comprehension. Thought i was clear with the first line of that message, but seems not. Nobody said anything about criticising something like the shit i just posted above.

Last edited:

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I used to be mad all the time because everything about Genshin struck me as stingy, squeezing players so hard that we'd chase after every drop of relief. Which I guess is still true. I also swore, at the beginning, that I'd never buy the battle pass but I've been doing it lately and it's just such a QoL improvement. Makes it a lot easier to shrug about the stuff that used to make me stew.

But I've also realized they're not *quite* as bad as I originally believed. They're stingy but they're also making deliberate choices about what kind of game this is. They really do not want players to stockpile resources & they really do want progression to be slow. Those are design choices & they've made it fairly difficult whales & no-lifers alike to circumvent the design.

Even primogems--the supply feels worse than it really is. The fact that we're always collecting 1/8 of a pull or 1/6 of a pull or 1/4 of a pull sort of obscures the fact that if you take all the events into account, even F2P players earn a pull every day or two... and no, F2P & low spenders can't collect every character but I've never played a gacha where that was a reasonable expectation. We *can* form pretty competent parties with a variety of elements and weapons & I always have more characters that I want to build than I can.

Which is not to say it hasn't felt like they're scrambling or stalling during these last few months--it really has--but my perspective has definitely changed a bit since launch, and in some ways for the better.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I think i have found my favorite team for Eula, i know Xingqiu is supposed to be great but i don't have any constellations with him so i went with Barbara, Xiangling and Fishl, they go really well together and it's just a glorious mess of reactions and numbers that kills everything super fast.

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Oh my god I was somehow able to 9 star Floor 11. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it without Zhongli or something, 11-3 was just such a wall. But somehow, in some way, after so many tries, I had one with incredible luck on the first half of 11-3, in which Venti was able to group all the Mages close enough that Noelle's burst was able to hit all 3 of them at once, and I cleared it in less then a minute, maybe even less then 45 seconds. I still can't believe how fast I did that. Knew I couldn't let such a chance pass, and put my all into the Abyss lectors. I had a purely offensive team for that of Diona - Ganyu - Hu Tao - Fischl, in which I used Hu Tao to get their HP down as quickly as possible, and then Diona and Ganyu's burst plus Fischl to get their shields down, and somehow was able to do it just before the 3 minute mark. Can't believe all that investment into C6 Noelle paid off, and I'm real glad I decided to get Fischl some good artifacts recently. Definitely think it's time I start investing more into Venti and my other supports now.

I've only crowned Ganyu's attack, and now I'm debating what to crown next between Hu Tao or Noelle's attack, and Venti or Bennett's burst.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

man, i was hesitate to spend money on the game to get C6 water boy.
after watching this, really made me stop the idead of buying crytstals, i will still be using welkin moon for some times.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I just realized that people will be able to build their own tropical paradise in their teapot and then put beach Barbs and Jean in it. While that's not my kind of thing a lot of people will be able to live their dream with this, lol.

I feel like the real stinger will be that the pool/beach items are on the premium BP lol
So if you want the costume and the pool, that's 2 separate purchases
There's no information where this will be available yet>

Oct 26, 2017
Despite not giving a shit about the housing when I first heard of it I actually kind of like it now.

Got my bitcoin mining operation almost setup, just need about 2000 more adeptal energy then I'll be at the max amount for the hourly coins.

I also got another main house as a ranking reward so I'll probably use that in another locale once I get that unlocked which I believe is at rank 8.

I do wish they would update the expeditions though to allow you to passively arm wood and other materials.

Yeah, same.

Yeah I would be happy if they added this.

Though this implies there's actually something to do with said guilds. Which, you know. There isn't.

I think it's definitely coming.

The thing is is that I like coop in this game. Sometimes I randomly coop a boss even if I can't get rewards from it just to see what happens.

A guild system would really help to tie people together and would be a thing that people could collectively work on to get benefits for the group.

Weekly coop and/or build bonus would be a good thing as well.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the real stinger will be that the pool/beach items are on the premium BP lol
So if you want the costume and the pool, that's 2 separate purchases
There's no information where this will be available yet>

Looks kinda ugly imo. Why would you need this when you literally can have the ocean, beach and palm trees in the tropical island teapot realm?

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Looks kinda ugly imo. Why would you need this when you literally can have the ocean, beach and palm trees in the tropical island teapot realm?

I spent my childhood looking for shells and little sea creatures in tidal pools. The ocean off the coast of California is cold & the currents are strong enough to be dangerous for small kids, so we always got more mileage out of the tidal pools. Such an essential part of the beach experience to me.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I want a clock tower in the teapot, I have a project that requires one. Hopefully it won't take too long.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

On my floating islands I really want paths, ponds and waterfalls. No water there unlike with the beach or mountain terrain.

man, i was hesitate to spend money on the game to get C6 water boy.
after watching this, really made me stop the idead of buying crytstals, i will still be using welkin moon for some times.

This is a great heartfelt video
I always find whaling difficult to talk about in this thread because I have no idea what other people spend here
I don't really want to make people feel bad for what they spend if they have the means to
but... all I can say is try to sleep on decisions and don't rush into spending or pulling on impulse

Oct 26, 2017
On my floating islands I really want paths, ponds and waterfalls. No water there unlike with the beach or mountain terrain.

I always find whaling difficult to talk about in this thread because I have no idea what other people spend here
I don't really want to make people feel bad for what they spend if they have the means to
but... all I can say is try to sleep on decisions and don't rush into spending or pulling on impulse

I didn't spend money but I did blow all my primos on getting Eula C2.

In hindsight it's not really needed at all, especially since her burst resets the cooldown of her E and you can get the full Hold E off regardless of whether you have 0 or 1 stack of Grimheart before the burst goes off at the end.

If I didn't do that I would have had about 16,000 primos to use for future chars.

In short, even if you are not paying and just using your primos you've built up don't chase constellations for 5 stars.

Not really worth it over getting a whole new character.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
I didn't spend money but I did blow all my primos on getting Eula C2.

In hindsight it's not really needed at all, especially since her burst resets the cooldown of her E and you can get the full Hold E off regardless of whether you have 0 or 1 stack of Grimheart before the burst goes off at the end.

This is good to hear. I blew 100 of my 150 rolls I had saved up for a couple months on Eula c1. I have absolutely no regrets because I actually love the glow effect you get with the c1 buff (I'm a sucker for weapon glow effects thanks to ff14). But I was also wondering if I should spend my last 50 for c2. Definitely going to save those now for the Electro archon (or literally any tall male character).

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Damn that's brutal lol. But I agree 100%. Given the kinda stuff that's posted on the general gaming forum though I expect the kind of responses you mention which is why I don't participate much here.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
This is good to hear. I blew 100 of my 150 rolls I had saved up for a couple months on Eula c1. I have absolutely no regrets because I actually love the glow effect you get with the c1 buff (I'm a sucker for weapon glow effects thanks to ff14). But I was also wondering if I should spend my last 50 for c2. Definitely going to save those now for the Electro archon (or literally any tall male character).

I'm also a c2-eula-haver and like... it's a nice constellation, but it's mostly for comfort and ease of use. gives you a bit more energy generation, gives you a bit more uptime on your res down, gives you a bit more uptime on pale flame 4pc. it's good but c1 eula is like exactly the same power level - ultimately not really stuff that you need to have, and I wouldn't go out of my way to pull it (I was pulling for c6 xingqiu lol)

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't auto you, there is an ascension quest to go past AR50. I have over 250k exp banked at the moment.
same lol im on ar 45 but got like 265043exp lol i wish i didnt have FTP damage... even my ganyu only does about 15k crits. I mean i guess i should just do it because to world map enemies aren't that bad at all even easy but i also dont want to just up it and my dailies and resin spending take longer.... NOTHING i hate more in video games then "bullet/damage sponge" enemies ... so that's why ive stayed on WL5

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

That's a good video. I don't have the money to spend on this game and even if I did I still wouldn't spend a lot. If you do have the means to spend on Genshin, then I can't stop you from choosing what you did with your money. I do agree with the last sentence on this post though, try to sleep on decisions and don't rush into spending/pulling on impulse.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How long did that take you, you monster?! D:
Just because your Anna had a very mild form of disease, that's no reason to judge mine! Clearly for mine, her illness was a very involved and challenging ordeal which required months of care and her brother really had to put in that back breaking work collecting all those fountain coins to afford her doctor!
(I can't help it if genshin wants to keep giving me the same five clear out these monsters, fix my cart, escort my cart, look for the unseen razor, and race to the finish commissions over and over and over again each day. ;__; )

lemonade

May 8, 2018

Exactly, constantly complain about the same shit over and over. Now add in the pre-emptive outrage over leaks and strawman a mihoyo stance to get even more angry about.

Ping-ponging between "game has no content" to "this new content suck!" with bad faith arguments are just tiring.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

e7a.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on the Discount... Get 2 or 3 Welking is a better deal to buy these Skins.

yeah reallly pissed at myself for using the the 300 GC's with the Welken i would have 900 right now.. :/ guess i learned.. i guess i was thinking it would be 20 bones but was hoping for 10 or 5 lol so unless its for ganyu or fischl ima pass unless its free... I'll get barbs even though i dont use her!

Status
Not open for further replies.