• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Levelled Best Boy up to level 90 today! :D

c12980060f0e64c19f200f0cf2f54e0a_1644247149584350285.jpg

By https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/219246

My level 90 team is now the CEO of Geo, Tone Deaf Bard, Tortellini and last but not least Best Boy.

Last edited:

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
"Bring ranged characters for this trial~"

*Ningguang nowhere in sight*

"Here's Amber tho~"

-_-

I went in with C2 Mona as my carry and obliterated everything effortlessly and got all the challenges complete in one go.

It's hilarious that they're like "YOU CAN'T BRING ANYTHING WITH YOU," yet constellations are brought with and can be game-changing.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It's kinda wild that ningguang's a 4 star when you consider she's the most popular woman not klee.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda wild that ningguang's a 4 star when you consider she's the most popular woman not klee.
They probably originally intended her to be a 5 star but made her 4 star for some unknown reason. I assume it was so that they could fill out the 4* roster more or they simply decided her moveset wasn't interesting enough to justify 5* status. Barbara might've been a 5* at one point as well due to her burst having a camera pan and how much Mihoyo really wants to have an idol character to be popular.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
It's hilarious that they're like "YOU CAN'T BRING ANYTHING WITH YOU," yet constellations are brought with and can be game-changing

At least I can finally use my c4 Amber O.o

Playing her in the event and she actually isn't that bad. She's pretty good with Albedo as her charge attacks can proc his skill and her taunt can keep them in his circle. Still don't see myself ever using her outside this event though.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My top 10 most used characters in some type of team comp and in order of most used to the least used:

lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
buugp6tw1uobb7ozg.jpg

jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
fqtqsg3fktaum32zg.jpg

What are your's? :) You can use the profile pics in the OP too.

Last edited:

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I now have... Venti, Bennett, Fischl, Albedo, Zhongli, Xiao, Hu Tao, and Xingqiu at 90. 90 or bust. Plus Qiqi at 86, and climbing at a crawl. But my artifacts are weaker than they should be across the board.

On the other hand: I unlocked trust rank 8 today and that artifact exp will really come in handy.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
man, thinking about, Ganyu's character does kinda suck lmao

Yanfei does the whole half adeptus thing too but she's vibing lmao

despite wearing less than Ganyu does, I feel like yanfei is less waifu bait. she's always on top of things and could lay down the law when she wants while Ganyu reminds me of the gross tomb raider reboot dev interviews that went "we want the player to feel like they need to protect Lara"

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Saw that on Twitter and was kinda creeped out by the heavy Photoshop on her face.

I want to put Benny on 90, but I got to level up some other characters first.

I would not have expected this betrayal by you out of all people.

c637a25c1a5824146d1e7633aa2dfcee_w200.gif

Benny is one of the best characters in the game and he gains a lot by being raised to level 90, elevating the entire party.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
My top 10 most used characters in some type of team comp are in order of most used to the least used:

lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
buugp6tw1uobb7ozg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
fqtqsg3fktaum32zg.jpg

What are your's? :) You can use the profile pics in the OP too.
Most used to least top 10
zgutdezkd196wjazg.jpg
s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg

blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
n1mnumskcwbh8qmzg.jpg
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
eqwwdbknhwxwrwrzg.jpg

I guess to explain, Noelle is always in my team comp as she's my main healer. Keqing was my main DPS for the longest time (she's not getting as much play now as I try to Friendship 10 some others and get new characters in). Xiangling is soo good to just drop Gouba or a Pyronado and leave. Ganyu is obvious. I didn't like playing Beidou at the beginning, but I've come to lover her counter style. Beidou led to Xinqiu as their Ults together are vicious. Bennie I didn't get until recently. Hu Tao has quickly become my second DPS. I dabble with Ning and Rosaria, but they're not mainstays on the team.

Last edited:

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Top ten in order of most to least used (more or less). Everyone here is at least level 80 and most are max ascended.

luxyx1o1cxwamwdzg.jpg
8z3hbhlkit3cuqhzg.jpg

zgutdezkd196wjazg.jpg
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg

s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg

eqwwdbknhwxwrwrzg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg

go59m207yhbgmzxzg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Saw that on Twitter and was kinda creeped out by the heavy Photoshop on her face.
Yeah, the outfit looks good, but she went kinda overboard on the face.

I would not have expected this betrayal by you out of all people.

c637a25c1a5824146d1e7633aa2dfcee_w200.gif

Benny is one of the best characters in the game and he gains a lot by being raised to level 90, elevating the entire party.
ZnIuAKk.png

I'll fix the error of my ways! I was making teams viable for floors 11 and 12 and was too afraid of running out of EXP books, haha.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Nice try, the historical records prove I already liked Bennett long before everyone (including me, because I only obtained him relatively late) realized his full and true potential.

96c.gif

This.

But would you be using him as much if he wasn't? Your team seems kind of meta-slavey to me Mister, so I have my doubts.

giphy.webp

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ohh here's my top ten used. :D
The first seven are all swapped in pretty evenly, though, so it's more like a list of everyone I use all the time + three I often throw in situationally lol.

fqtqsg3fktaum32zg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
nt18ts233n2caabzg.jpg

evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
4yt7rcmefg2gv3dzg.jpg
yfbefu4qxrhhf02zg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg

Childe would probably get a lot more use, but his current artifacts are holding him back from really viable DPS numbers so he pretty much never gets used in abyss and only comes out for overworld shenanigans. Someday I will get him that nice af set he deserves. 😔
Also bonus 11th spot: Kaeya -- cuz a month or two ago he would have been on this list, but Qiqi has since edged him out as my cryo applicator cuz heals in abyss are just too useful. Sorry King.

Last edited:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
as usual, fanartists are really good at taking absolute garbage character designs and making them good

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
How dare you call my team "meta-slavey"?! O: The meta is probably the thing I care least about in this game.

latest

Look it's tough when one of your favorite characters is treated like the butt of joke by her own creators, and is equally a joke in terms of meta and play style. So cut me some slack, okay! Doesn't help that every single team-building guide for anything keeps recommending me to use the same three characters I dont want to build.

giphy.webp

Okay this makes me feel better. Mihoyo give me these skins now please!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Look it's tough when one of your favorite character is treated like the butt of joke by her own creators, and is equally a joke in terms of meta and play style. So cut me some slack, okay! Doesn't help that every single team-building guide for anything keeps recommending me to use the same three characters I dont want to build.

giphy.webp

spn-dean-sam-hug-s11.gif

Mihoyo give me these skins now please!

Mihoyo: "Oh, we will give you plenty skin! :D"

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg

a026tp3hs2merwhzg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg

hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg

My "teams" are usually more varied then this, but it's either Ganyu and/or Zhongli so the others don't matter and just get friendship carried.
For a more "proper" team, add Barbara for freeze and Diluc for everything ice.
Xingqiu if I need to swap to Diluc for main dps (which is literally only for ice flower and wolf, I think).
Venti and Bennett in Abyss when needed.

I have some other chars either built or half-built but there's like literally no reason to ever use them, so meh.

Currently really struggling to get motivated to properly build other chars, cause none of them are even going to get close to Ganyu. It doesn't help that I actually really enjoy Ganyu's playstyle (charge shot sniping all day every day), which makes it even less desireable to focus on others. After I reached 70/80 with everyone to collect their ascension fates it feels like there's no real point to anything anymore.
I have no real issue with working towards ascending, talents and weapons since that's all nice and finite, but as soon as artifacts enter the conversation I'm losing every and all motivation and with artifacts contributing so much it feels like working on the other parts is useless.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
My top 10 most played characters:
mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg
8z3hbhlkit3cuqhzg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
n1mnumskcwbh8qmzg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg

Basically the first two teams I raised for the Abyss plus Mona and Keqing. Lately I've also been playing more Benny and Ning and I'm starting to see their appeal.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
since when does this game even have a meta
Since always, largely cause Spiral Abyss is time trial content which invites at minimum needing speed to earn primogems. Most characters are good though, except for like Amber and, outside of main story/world exploration and casual domain coop stuff, Barbara IMO.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I could use more high level supports, I tend to just throw zhongli/xingqiu/bennett on all my teams.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Ten characters is a lot to use. I don't know how you can use that many.

Use a lot:

t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
d8mn3mitpwlej03zg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
4yt7rcmefg2gv3dzg.jpg

Use a little or would like to use:

tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
ousq9kzoof5r2s3zg.jpg
eqwwdbknhwxwrwrzg.jpg
a026tp3hs2merwhzg.jpg
l5f8kmn2dp6ko7hzg.jpg

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Since always, largely cause Spiral Abyss is time trial content which invites at minimum needing speed to earn primogems. Most characters are good though, except for like Amber and, outside of main story/world exploration and casual domain coop stuff, Barbara IMO.
I remain unconvinced, the game isn't deep enough for any of that to matter

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
I was rolling for the new person in the banner. Ended up getting beidou to c6! hahahaha not even mad to be honest.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
My "bringin them to 90 eventually" gang.
Eula recently replaced Razor or else he would have made the list.
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg

lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg

n1mnumskcwbh8qmzg.jpg
d8mn3mitpwlej03zg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg

xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
nt18ts233n2caabzg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg

I will sit atop a throne of s tier support boys.
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg

These assholes come along sometimes. I make sure they all know i would gladly replace them.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
I inserted a whole ass post with all the pics (on mobile) but accidentally deleted it, and don't feel like re-doing all that work so:

Jean
Fischl
Zhong Li
Venti

Is the main team that I did EVERYTHING with prior to Yanfei. The comfiness with Zhong shield plus Jean's healing on top of being able to spam her and Venti's ults (and her Ult hitting like a train for 40k+), and her E swirling for almost 20k. Jean is super good at everything and I'm probably going to triple crown her (or Eula). I'd swap out Fischl for Xiangling if immune to Electro. Next 6 are:

Diona
Xingqiu
Beidou
Keqing
Eula
Ningguang

Keqing was my first 5 star and her and Ningguang were my mains all the way through the leveling process. Then it moved on to Diluc (I'm going to have him and Eula be my main Abyss carries now since he's C6 with this recent banner).

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My absolute Dream Team right now is Rosaria, Eula. Zhongli, and Albedo.

They crush everything except Lector shields. For those, I would sub Albedo for Yanfei who can single-handedly obliterate them.

For giant bosses that keep killing constructs, I replace Albedo with Fischl. Giant bosses that kill constructs tend to need that bit of superconduct oomph anyway, and now she has a decent 4-piece Millelith set of her own to help with shields and attack.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have the equivalent of a "first world problem" with Eula where I try to burst her with a couple of the tankier enemies and they all die before I get her burst off.

Status
Not open for further replies.