• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Acquaint are for the permanent banner, Intertwined are for the limited (the Venti one or the Weapons one right now).
Acquaint Fates are used to buy the "normal" banners and the Intertwined Fates are used to buy the limited banners like the Venti banner right now.
Also Acquaint Fates are given out as rewards more regularly from what I understand so you might wanna concentrate on spending your Primo Gems on Intertwined.

Gotcha, thanks!

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
I can't figure out if I'm reading the 'first top-up' bonus correctly. Is it actually saying you'll get double what you pay for your first purchase (i.e. for $15 you'll get 980 + 980 crystals)?
nLYe6Wc.png

Oct 28, 2017
I can't figure out if I'm reading the 'first top-up' bonus correctly. Is it actually saying you'll get double what you pay for your first purchase (i.e. for $15 you'll get 980 + 980 crystals)?
nLYe6Wc.png

Pretty much, yeah. You get about 80 pulls for example if you buy the 100 dollar one for example but only the first $100 you buy. After that if you keep buying the $100 Genesis package you don't get the double bonus anymore (there's a middling bonus that replaces it). Technically this is per individual category; you get the double crystal bonus the first time you buy the $100 package, the $50 package, so on and so forth. So if you're planning on spending alot of money on this game it's optimal to buy one of each category first.

There's a shit ton of currency confusion though, since you use Genesis Crystals to buy Primogens to buy Acquaint Fates like who the fuck comes up with these gacha currency names.

You can basically think of it as 160 Genesis Crystals to do one roll, which I think is on purpose to make the mental math really confusing.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, go to the quest menu and select the Quest you want to see on the map.

I noticed in the in-game shop, thers a special currency you can use to buy featured charactes (not the ones from banners). They seem be bough for 32 coins, right now i have 2 coins of this currency. Anyone knows where this currency comes from?

Shoot, I should've specified that I meant quest I didn't come across yet, not activated them, I don't think those are there?

btw. on PS4, I accept with X and go back with O. I see a lot of people complaining it's inverted, is PS4 the only platform with that options swapped?

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Keqing is really fun. I especially like that you can aim her dagger thing and teleport into the air.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I spent like 4 hours downloading this yesterday only to get hit with "failed to verify files" at the end and the download restarting from 0%. Any word on what to dodo fix/avoid? I checked the reddit yesterday but couldn't find anything helpful. My best guess is that it didn't like that I tried to install the game to my D drive??

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Pretty much, yeah. You get about 80 pulls for example if you buy the 100 dollar one for example but only the first $100 you buy. After that if you keep buying the $100 Genesis package you don't get the double bonus anymore (there's a middling bonus that replaces it). Technically this is per individual category; you get the double crystal bonus the first time you buy the $100 package, the $50 package, so on and so forth. So if you're planning on spending alot of money on this game it's optimal to buy one of each category first.
PER category? That's super weird/generous/weird. Definitely more interested in spending money to use those deals though. Thank you!

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
These daily log ins are worth a lot to Mihoyo, huh? Considering you get 3000 gems in total for the 30 day pass for 5$ compared to 600 (including bonus) when purchasing gems directly.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Initial impressions will wow, but as you get to the "end" of what's currently released and hit resin daily limits, the game kinda runs into a lot of grinding problems while perplexingly leaving you with not much to do (due to the resin system, since all of the good drops are basically gated behind it for meaningful equipment progression), especially if you're not in the mood to grind story aka one of the most blatant fetch quests of story telling I've ever seen in an JRPG*. So while its free and "wow its free" definitely was there initially, the game lacks content to actually be as "wow its free" later on because there's a lot of missing content the world talks about but you cannot reach. (And ten you realize that the gacha is some of the scummiest in the market, and you don't feel so good about "free" when you know this shit is designed to be predatory of others.)

The high level resin trials are also kind of a joke in that you can burn a day's worth of Resin in like 30m on trivial fights (especially in coop) and then basically cannot do anything for the rest of the day but run around grinding chests unless you use precious resources.

I'm also increasingly finding the combat to be repetitive as most weapons feel identical between units and the ultimates are about the only differentiating factor when not mindlessly autoing or triggering easy-baked elemental combos. The combat strings being so basic as a light combo (tap) and heavy autostring (hold) is extremely dull after a while, its really limiting.

*A big part of the weakness of the story, which is actually surprisingly good but is no Guardian Tales, is that it keep sending you back to the only cities available. You feel like you make no progress aside from the quests telling you made progress but you keep going in a big circle.
That sounds more like what I would expect. I guess I'll just keep enjoying it for what it is until the grind sets in. If I'm still into it then cool, if not then I'll move on. Thank you for the input!

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
*very* gradually downloading this... is it true that I can make it through most/all of the current story content without paying for gacha stuff? and if so, how long is that story content?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know the dungeon where you first get Kaeya, theres a huge arena underground nearby with a massive monster... has anybody here fought it yet?

I was going to on my first day but I was too weak at the time lol

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
*very* gradually downloading this... is it true that I can make it through most/all of the current story content without paying for gacha stuff? and if so, how long is that story content?

You can do everything in the game right now without paying. They give you good enough free characters. They might just need a little more building.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah it's 12. If you scroll through the Adventure Rank rewards in-game you'll see what you unlock and when.

You can view the item pictures but I don't think there is a way to view the item description until you claim the rewards. AR12 just shows 50 primogens, 1 half moon and 5 weapon & character xp each.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
Game is surprisingly good for a f2p gacha, embarassing that there's no way to get a controller working on the phone, did anyone had any luck?

Cruziao

Oct 25, 2017
Huh what the heck I opened a chest but one of the item fall to the bottom of the ocean and I can't reach it?
Ended up dying because I didn't pay attention to my stamina and when I respawn it's gone :(
Can a chest respawn again? It was a Luxurious Chest...

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This has no doubt been asked a million times already, but which wish should I get, beginners or 10 of the Wanderlust Invocation (or beginners and 3 Wanderlust Invocation why I have 11 currency )?

Oct 28, 2017
This has no doubt been asked a million times already, but which wish should I get, beginners or 10 of the Wanderlust Invocation (or beginners and 3 Wanderlust Invocation why I have 11 currency )?

Beginners by far.

The gacha math in this game is stupid as all hell, but to make a long story short the Beginner banner has double the character rate and is cheaper but you can only roll it twice.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
I see no reason not to use the two rolls of beginner banner x10 since they charge you only 8 for it, and 4 free pulls is quite a decent value.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Got my PS4 roll...9 shitty swords and FIschl ...who I don't even like as I want to use Amber as my archer.

Am I SOL unless I cough up cash now?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
You can view the item pictures but I don't think there is a way to view the item description until you claim the rewards. AR12 just shows 50 primogens, 1 half moon and 5 weapon & character xp each.
OH. I just looked and it's 14, I guess? I have a little banner/boxes above the rewards saying what will unlock (at AR16, for example, it says "Co-Op" and at AR20 it says "World Level 1" or whatever).

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, go to the quest menu and select the Quest you want to see on the map.

I noticed in the in-game shop, thers a special currency you can use to buy featured charactes (not the ones from banners). They seem be bough for 32 coins, right now i have 2 coins of this currency. Anyone knows where this currency comes from?

I think you get those coins when you get dupes in the gacha

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any plans to add controller support to the Android version?

For now it seems ill have to settle with using a third part app but wouldnt mind having it supported natively

I heard support was included during the beta?

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
bWyvEA1.jpg

Yes! Thank you Genshin players.

How is the game if you don't want to spend a dime?
For F2P, I recommend approaching the game as an interesting world to explore. Talk to the NPCs, do quests, and travel. Ignore the raids and character collection--or at most aim for one 5 star character. If you do this, it will be a beautiful game with a lore of interesting locales and finely crafted lore. If you try to collect characters or compete in high level raids, you will suffer.

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
bWyvEA1.jpg

Yes! Thank you Genshin players.

For F2P, I recommend approaching the game as an interesting world to explore. Talk to the NPCs, do quests, and travel. Ignore the raids and character collection--or at most aim for one 5 star character. If you do this, it will be a beautiful game with a lore of interesting locales and finely crafted lore. If you try to collect characters or compete in high level raids, you will suffer.

Sounds great tbh. Right now it's coming close to BotW vibes and I absolutely love that.

I typically don't have a problem treating my game like a "rogue like run" and just playing with what I get so I don't envision too many problems there.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking it so far. As someone who actually enjoys grinding and collecting a ton of shit, I can already tell I'm gonna get super addicted. I love that there are little short story collectibles. I also love that you can sit in chairs lol. And GLIDING! Gliding has always been one of my favorite things to do in Kingdom Hearts, but you never get the ability until late game. Here I can immediately soar to my heart's content. It's beautiful.

My only real complaint is the framerate on PS4... the pretty scenery would be much more enjoyable if the game ran a bit smoother.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Is it possible to remove the UID on the screen. It's distracting and not really needed for me.

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
How is the game if you don't want to spend a dime?
Very fun for many many hours in my opinion. I wish most anime action rpgs had gameplay this good. Only reason not to play / try it out would be if someone knows they have a tendency to get obsessed with getting a certain character and spending more than they should.

rajinus

Banned
Sep 2, 2020
Wait, is there ACTUALLY no controller support on iOS? That is literally blowing my mind.

What? Even the most basic puzzle games, or random trash, have controller support. This doesnt? I tried to pair my Numbus for 10min and thought something was wrong with it.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Finally got Mona after 70 rerolls. During that time only rolled 4 4 stars and two 5 stars (Diluc and QiQi.)

Now I can play the game. LOL.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Got only weapons with my free fates.

My luck is the worst with this game. At least give me a 5th barbara lol

I wish you could reroll easily on PS4 with the same account :(

May 9, 2018
Got to AR7 on the PS4. Wow, even for a mobile game effectively ported to a console, the UX is bad and clunky. The framerate choppiness doesn't help much either.

There definitely is high production value here, but I likely won't stick with it when there's so much else to do.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Wonder how hard it is to reroll on PS4. Granted, I haven't gotten far enough yet to even roll, so it might be a pointless question if luck turns out okay.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone is able to check. But in the party synergies, if you use 2x 2 of the same elements do you get both bonusses? So 2x fire and 2x wind will get you the stamina redution/movement speed/cd reduction and damage increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.