• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erdtree

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best bundle to buy on psn and does this game have a season pass..
All the wishes and currencies are a bit confusing
Thanks

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
...ok, i might give the pc version a bit of troubleshooting. it's some seriously impressive vibes.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Way to change button layout on PS4. I hate that attack is circle and not square, and dash isn't L3.
tenor.gif

They still didnt fix this? We mentioned this in the beta so many times. Sigh, I guess I will wait a bit longer. I just cant deal with bad controls... I just can't.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
One more barb and the free one and you max her constellation at least

Hey, it means i get a free revive, possibly. But come on. Ive played a ton of Gacha. These rates dont make me want to give the game money. Its fun thinking you have a chance at new cool characters. At this point, i dont know if ill ever get one. I imagine myself throwing 20-30$ at it, or more, and getting another Barbara. i could easily double or triple that, but why would i, when i feel that way?

Every pull Ive had, has been all weapons, or all weapons and noelle or Barb lol. Its not encouraging me to spend money, and i cant reroll to get what i want.

I rerolled to get Raikou in FGO. I rerolled to get Arby in EPic 7. I put money into those games after i had a few good rolls because there was a lot of cool things to get, and it felt like i had a reasonable chance at it. I get that this is bad gacha luck, but its not encouraging me to spend money, nor will it encourage others.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA

This worked for me. Free currency!

Oh, it seems that I need to Adventure Rank 10 to redeem it. Well, as I'm currently AR 8 that seems pretty easy.

Edit: It was even easier than I expected as I didn't have any of the rewards from the Adventurer Handbook redeem. So I only had to put someone to level 20,level up an item four times, and kill that mecha boss to get it.

Last edited:

northnorth

Dec 4, 2017
I'm so lost in the gacha stuff. I think I have like two forms of crystals. When it prompted me to go to the character screen to spend them, I see the thing about Noelle guaranteed with 10 tries. I couldn't figure out what to press and I think I finally pressed Y on my Xbox controller (I'm playing PC on TV). So then I got all 10 tries at once. I got Noelle like it said and like 9 swords. I could scroll over from the Noelle splash screen to what I'm guessing are higher level spending/tries or whatever: but yeah I have no fucking clue. Love the gameplay and graphics and music oh my god.

Can anyone explain this whole screen though? What costs what? How I get these things besides paying? How do I pay if I want? I see people talking about rerolls? Did I fuck up doing those ten at once and getting Noelle and the swords? Can I fix it?Or keep going?

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Well I didn't get much with the first 2 x 10 pulls. Just another ice guy but probably will save my currency for some spicy banner. Up to AR11.

Anyone who says Paimon is bad is dead to me.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Curiosity got the better of me, so here I am (eventhough I promised myself not to play too many gacha games at the same time). Trying this on base PS4, it looks pretty ngl, but performance seems choppy. Oh, well, can't be helped.

I haven't rolled the gacha just yet, will play some more first. It does look like they're a bit stingy with the currencies tho? I mean, I kinda expect to be showered with launch bonus or something.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Found an area that wowed me south of the map. Took a screenshot, but I'll hide it below just in case no one wants to be spoiled on locations.

YLLN25O.png

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
After issues with the Launcher I finally got the game set-up on PC. Really frustrating you can't access the Settings from the Main Menu and Controller isn't recognized by default, you have to manually change it. Some of the menu text feels google tanslated and doesn't make too much sense. I don't get why they went with weird button mapping (With XB1 the A is Cancel and B is Accept, whyyyyyy?!) which you can't seem to be able to change from that I saw.

Some really basic stuff is missing, and most if not all seems to have been called out in the BETA:
  • Can't access Settings from Main Menu
  • Can't use Controller without switching it in the settings
  • Frame Rate is limited to 30 or 60 FPS
  • Full Screen option is not available at all resolutions
  • UI can't be modified
  • FOV can't be changed
  • Player's UID can't be hidden
  • Control inputs can't be changed
  • The Kernel level Anti-Cheat system still being active when the game isn't running, and even worst sticking around when the game is uninstalled is a HUGE red flag

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
After issues with the Launcher I finally got the game set-up on PC. Really frustrating you can't access the Settings from the Main Menu and Controller isn't recognized by default, you have to manually change it. Some of the menu text feels google tanslated and doesn't make too much sense.

I don't get why they went with weird button mapping (With XB1 the A is Cancel and B is Accept, whyyyyyy?!) which you can't seem to be able to change from that I saw. Anyone know if that can be switched outside the game, same for being able to unlock Frame Rate past the 60 limit or go Full Screen for all resolutions?
Yeah I dunno there needs to be more options that are standartized these days. So annoying to have to manually switch to gamepad controls everytime.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hopefully by then they'll have figured out full cross-save :x
God that'll be so shitty if this game isn't even available on ps5. Let alone a save file we can transfer. It's all on their servers so who knows. But at least this kinda helps me NOT want to spend money on the game if it'll be gone in a couple months when I ditch my ps4 for a ps5.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
i just loaded it on firefox

anyway... i ended up installing it on my phone, because fuck it.

the fact this is running on my phone is ridiculous. I mean I fucked with Genshin Impact a bit and that ran fine so i shouldn't be that surprised, but jesus
yeah I did that too as after I changed that setting chrome kept wanting to pull my processing power and it was causing my fan to run on my cpu constantly lol.

Gridman

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a cool hour. Loving this game. Not bothering with rerolls. Got Ningguang and the guaranteed Noelle on my first beginner pull. I think I'll have fun with whatever the game throws my way. I'm surprised how nice this game looks. Definitely going to give this game some of my free time.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is this cross progression? I played a bit on pc, and I'm downloading it on android now. Also, why is the download speed so atrocious on phone? I'm getting like 200 kbps.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Game is gorgeous, everything a TALES game should be.

BUT, maybe Im dumb as rocks, I dont get all these currencies?
Dont get what you buy with what. (never have played a gacha game before forgive me)

Is there a guide that explains shit for slow people like me?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok, this game is way too good. Yes, it takes a LOT from Breath of the Wild.. but.. it is so good.

I hope it doesn't get ignored by the gaming outlets/GOTY considerations because it is a Gacha game.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
After issues with the Launcher I finally got the game set-up on PC. Really frustrating you can't access the Settings from the Main Menu and Controller isn't recognized by default, you have to manually change it. Some of the menu text feels google tanslated and doesn't make too much sense. I don't get why they went with weird button mapping (With XB1 the A is Cancel and B is Accept, whyyyyyy?!) which you can't seem to be able to change from that I saw.

Some really basic stuff is missing, and most if not all seems to have been called out in the BETA:
  • UI can't be modified
  • FOV can't be changed
  • The Kernel level Anti-Cheat system still being active when the game isn't running, and even worst sticking around when the game is uninstalled is a HUGE red flag
That anti cheat things is concerning. I donwloaded the game on pc but might not install it now....maybe I'll go with the ps4 version

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, this game is way too good. Yes, it takes a LOT from Breath of the Wild.. but.. it is so good.

I hope it doesn't get ignored by the gaming outlets/GOTY considerations because it is a Gacha game.

I'll be mad if it is ignored in the best OST category, because the OST is freaking amazing...but I already know it will be completely ignored, lol.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we get some console cross-save soon. The framerate on PS4 is... not great. Plus I got some pretty decent rolls so I don't want to give that up.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The game is just increasingly unplayable on mobile, especially harder fights. Overheating and performance issues aside.

The camera just immediately shifting to stare at the floor because you jump-dodged out of the way of a boss charge is *not* good design, its fucking atrocious. The camera just loves staring at the floor at every opportunity. The game asks for precision in some fights that the camera and mobile controls just do not work for with this wonky fake joy-stick.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i made it to the Liyue region for the first time and i am flabbergasted by the fact that this game is free. i keep saying it but i cannot believe i am playing this shit for free LOL

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You get 10 acquaint fates at the beginning of the game and 10 acquaint fates at adventure rank 10. With primogems I would personally purchase intertwined fates to pull on the limited banners, Venti being the current limited banner.

Thanks for this!

You should throw some of this info into the OT. It's very useful.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The game is just increasingly unplayable on mobile, especially harder fights. Overheating and performance issues aside.

The camera just immediately shifting to stare at the floor because you jump-dodged out of the way of a boss charge is *not* good design, its fucking atrocious. The camera just loves staring at the floor at every opportunity. The game asks for precision in some fights that the camera and mobile controls just do not work for with this wonky fake joy-stick.
Yeah, I really hope they release the Switch version sooner rather than later (since my PC isn't powerful enough to currently run the game). Short sessions are fine when I'm out, but for extended gameplay mobile just isn't it. I have an iPhone 11 and after a decent amount of time it gets VERY hot to the touch, not to mention the battery drain. Also, control doesn't feel as precise as it would with an actual controller either.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really hope they release the Switch version sooner rather than later (since my PC isn't powerful enough to currently run the game). Short sessions are fine when I'm out, but for extended gameplay mobile just isn't it. I have an iPhone 11 and after a decent amount of time it gets VERY hot to the touch, not to mention the battery drain. Also, control doesn't feel as precise as it would with an actual controller either.

The controls just don't work with a fake joystick. Nothing in this game is "mHBH in the triangle meteor dodge" levels of DL precision (for the reference I think you'll get) with how gratuitous windups and lots of dodge iframes are in GI but the controls just control so poorly at times that you'll end up dodging into damage or AoE because you can't see where you're going because the camera has started spazzing out. I've lost count of how many times I have dodged a boss AoE only to end up in an impossible to see elemental explosion going off from the boss's splash effects or lingering effects that the camera just won't show me because it zooms in on my character's ass and then points at the floor.

Of course, coming from DL I am used to precision character control for action but here the controls are compromised by the camera to a really bad degree on mobile.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

• UI can't be modified
  • FOV can't be changed

a question from someone having issues installing - when I launch the Genshin Impact beta.exe file the launcher installed, all i get is this giant splash screen which I suspect isn't resizing correctly. Am I missing a button I'm supposed to be clicking or some shit that I can't see because it's offscreen? Or is there some other major issue I'm running into?

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all!

What's the battle pass/thing I should pay for in this that'll be worth the money? Some kind of daily thing? Pls halp.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Nice with the tickets that I got from the 10M milestone reward I got two characters!

The first one is Razor, an electric boy with a wolf stand:
LY9bN5e.png

And the second one is Sucrose, a clumsy alchemist with fluffy ears:
IimYwHt.png

EmCzACl.png

We are a joke to them creeps, a joke i say!
From the moment I read that there wasn't cross-save with that version and the others, I suspected that going with that version wasn't going to be a wise choice.

Last edited:

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Its kinda funny that this game has more voiced NPCs than Ni No Kuni 2. And its a freaking F2P game made by a mobile developer. They really went all in with they 1st multi platform project.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why the controls are throwing everyone for a loop. I think they are fine. That being said don't forget you can swap button inputs at the system level for PS4.

Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments Its not a fantastic workaround but it may work for some folks.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Hey all!

What's the battle pass/thing I should pay for in this that'll be worth the money? Some kind of daily thing? Pls halp.
The currency is overly convoluted for a reason. I went back forth looking at the $5 buy in and what exactly that particular currency is worth, it's kinda inexpensive but honestly I'd refrain from spending money at all until you know you want to play the game for an extended period of time.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its kinda funny that this game has more voiced NPCs than Ni No Kuni 2. And its a freaking F2P game made by a mobile developer. They really went all in with they 1st multi platform project.
This is pretty much a AAA JRPG, made by hundreds of developers. People skipping this due to F2P are missing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.