• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
You better have a state of the art phone, because on an iPhone 8+, the beta got so hot I couldn't comfortably play.

I'm cautiously looking forward to this. The game looks great, but everything I've heard about the gacha sounds awful.

Oh damn. We have an iPhone XS and XS Max. Hopefully they manage to run cooler.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo added new, pretty screenshots of the game on their website:

2020092417575276358.jpg

2020092417575221063.jpg

2020092417575222081.jpg

2020092417575267258.jpg

2020092417575221927.jpg

2020092417575534557.jpg

2020092417575257734.jpg

2020092417575311801.jpg

2020092417575488724.jpg

2020092417575255251.jpg

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yes there is a preload, starting the 25th or 26th on PC I believe. 27th on mobile as well, last I checked.

The key to enjoying Genshin Impact and not paying hundreds or thousands of dollars is to set aside dreams of getting any specific rare character. Instead, just take the characters you get any enjoy your surprise variety. The base game, elemental combo system, exploration, and story are all far better than you'd ever think you'd find in a gacha (come at me gacha-lovers, but you know it's true). Genshin is an honest-to-god video game even with all the gacha garbage trying to weigh it down, but the quality is so good that the gacha doesn't hurt it.
Yep. This is the secret of gacha. I played Puzzle and Dragons for many years and was always free to play. Only once did I manage to pull the god I wanted from the banner but eventually you have so many cool units to play with it's still fun and yeah genshin is legitimately something special amongst gacha games.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
What's the gacha hook? Like, typically these games have some competitive multiplayer aspect (even if it's just a leaderboard) to give you a reason to want to participate in the gacha loop, no?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the gacha hook? Like, typically these games have some competitive multiplayer aspect (even if it's just a leaderboard) to give you a reason to want to participate in the gacha loop, no?
The abyss final floors are pretty hard and the resets for it are only in the hard floors so in order to farm it well stronger stuff makes it easier.

genshin-impact.fandom.com

Spiral Abyss

The Spiral Abyss is a special type of Domain unlocked at Adventure Rank 20 located in Musk Reef, which can be accessed through the wormhole in the sky at the edge of Cape Oath. The Spiral Abyss consists of two main parts: the Abyss Corridor (Floors 1–8) and the Abyssal Moon Spire (Floors 9–12)...

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There will likely be leaderboards for some of the content (spiral abyss floors, faster clear times in dungeons, etc), but there is no PVP. At the moment, these "competitive" aspects aren't in the game, but they most definitely will be eventually.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, it's the charming and lovingly crafted characters, from their character model, over their voice acting to their combat and idle animations. You can even have photo sessions with them, lol. This game is a waifu or husbando lover's dream.

The story characters that you get for free are good enough to clear all of the main content of this game. Rarer 5 star characters are not even fundamentally more powerful than more common 4 star characters.

Nov 17, 2019
Hey this game just came to my attention lately and I had a question about the main characters. What element do they use and can they use different weapon types or just a sword?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey this game just came to my attention lately and I had a question about the main characters. What element do they use and can they use different weapon types or just a sword?

The main character uses a sword and they are the only characters that are able to use all elements. In the first two regions wind and stone powers are available to you.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
I have this gut feeling that this game is gonna be huge. It's going to become one of the most popular f2p RPG in the world.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I have this gut feeling that this game is gonna be huge. It's going to become one of the most popular f2p RPG in the world.
It very much depends on two things:

1. The gacha
2. The update schedule

If they can keep the gacha focused on rolling for love instead of rolling for power, and keep a steady stream of new, fun content, it's going to be absolutely massive. If either one of those pillars fall, though, it could be rough.

They're not new to this genre, so they should know what they're doing. Should.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a time when this starts Monday (European time)? I have to work a lot at Monday and Tuesday :(

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
wondered why I hadn't gotten notifications for the other genshin thread for a while, btw it might be my pc but the OP images are mostly not loading Tyaren

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, read the OT, just wanna double check.

I'm prob gonna be playing a lot on phones/tablets, iOS. That save can jump over to the PC but NOT the PS4, correct?

And then totally unrelated for anyone who has played the game so far
any romance subplots or signs of that? I'm not talking Persona-style stuff specifically, just if anything is built into the story. I'm a sucker for romance, so.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
COOP is only with friends or can you "open" your game to other randoms?

Jomatto

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this a lot. Haven't had a chance to play in any of the betas, so this will be completely fresh for me.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! Been watching streams of the Chinese open beta all week.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking forward to giving this a try. Has the reception to the betas been positive?
In general, yes. The base is very solid, fun, beautiful. Most recently they've tweaked/nerfed premium currency income, which has a lot of people upset. We'll just have to see how it all shakes out.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The key to enjoying Genshin Impact and not paying hundreds or thousands of dollars is to set aside dreams of getting any specific rare character. Instead, just take the characters you get any enjoy your surprise variety. The base game, elemental combo system, exploration, and story are all far better than you'd ever think you'd find in a gacha (come at me gacha-lovers, but you know it's true). Genshin is an honest-to-god video game even with all the gacha garbage trying to weigh it down, but the quality is so good that the gacha doesn't hurt it.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.