• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I get that, but it shouldn't be worth the PR nightmare (it should be a PR nightmare) for Sony. Especially when we're at the cusp of a new generation.
Oh I agree it's awful and I would hate to own a PS4 and have to make that choice.

quoting for new page.

Just downloaded Honkai impact 3 on PC just to try out one of their games and I'm really impressed. Game runs well, looks good and plays very well. Even has controller support. I think I'm really going to like Genshgin.

Question though are honkai and genshin accounts separate? I tried signing in with the same mihoyo account as i signed up for genshin and it didn't work? Had to create a new account with a new email.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Has anyone tried playing the beta on iOS/Android via HDMI on their TV? How does it look and run?
I tried it with Call of Duty Mobile with my iPhone 11 Pro, to use with the X1 controller on the TV but both with AirPlay on my ancient Apple TV and with the official lighting-HDMI adapter the lag makes it unplayable. I don't know if there are workarounds or other solutions but the official ones just don't work unfortunately.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Sony is STILL pulling this cross-save shit. At least there's cross-play, I guess? But what gives? I thought we were over this.
I have a feeling this isn't even legal. But yea it IS annoying. ONE OF the main reasons why I am going PC.

Question though are honkai and genshin accounts separate? I tried signing in with the same mihoyo account as i signed up for genshin and it didn't work? Had to create a new account with a new email.
that's weird. You shouldnt have had to. Ive been using my same Mihoyo Pass for years. It even streamlined my sign up for the genshin beta here.

There should be a way to link your accounts in game too iirc.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this isn't even legal. But yea it IS annoying. ONE OF the main reasons why I am going PC.

that's weird. You shouldnt have had to. Ive been using my same Mihoyo Pass for years. It even streamlined my sign up for the genshin beta here.

There should be a way to link your accounts in game too iirc.
I kept trying to sign in and it would just say my account does not exist or my name was wrong but when i tried to make a new one it said my name was taken yet i am able to use the same email for both. I'm pretty confused.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
When they can platform holders do not want people spending money on other ecosystems and bringing it into theirs. It's all about that microtrasaction cut.

I guess the in-game shop of Genshin Impact will then also be handled differently to the other game versions? For Sony to earn a cut from microstransactions they would have to run over the PS Store and not over the in-game shop I assume.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Community reached the 2 million pre-registrations goal! :D
That mean 2 fates are ours and one more million for another 4 fates.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't realize the pre-order was so cheap, decided to grab it on PS4 so I guess I'm locked in now. Even though I don't really know what half the items do exactly.

Should I set up a Mihoyo account? Not sure if it's a FFXIV situation where the log in is separate from PSN

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realize the pre-order was so cheap, decided to grab it on PS4 so I guess I'm locked in now. Even though I don't really know what half the items do exactly.

Should I set up a Mihoyo account? Not sure if it's a FFXIV situation where the log in is separate from PSN

To be completely honest, and it hurts me a bit to tell you, because you seem excited about it, but I think that preorder bundle is not worth it. Nothing in this is worth the 10 bucks and I have no idea why they even put it on the Playstation Store.

Better to start this game on PS4 for free, get the glider and sword for free and get the general pre-registration goal items (10 fates and some food) for free and then get the blessings pass (I don't know what it will be called in the final game) and the battle pass (don't know the final name either), which cost 5 bucks and 10 bucks respectively and which are imo worth the money.
For example with the blessings pass you get about 20 fates (character pulls) for 5 bucks, while that pre-registration bundle for 10 bucks gives you 2 fates. All of the other items in the bundle you can easily gather yourself or craft yourself in the game.

In the PS4 beta I didn't need to connect to any Mihoyo account. It automatically created one for my/connected to my PSN account.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Some tips for those who are new to gacha:
  1. There is no shame in spending. Anyone who shames you for spending in a gacha game is honestly pretty foolish and naive. Obviously, there are extremes to everything. Don't spend money you don't have. I've spent probably $200 this year on gacha, and if I was playing "real games" I'd spend more than that.
    1. If you're looking to buy, most of the time bundles that include "gameplay items" aren't worth the money. These companies know this, and will try to entice people with these bundles. For example: Bundle A has 1 million gold, 20 EXP potions, and 3 pulls worth of premium currency for $10. Bundle B has 6 pulls worth of premium currency for $10. It might be tempting to get Bundle A because you could use those potions now, but what if 1 pull worth of premium currency spent on refreshing stamina can be used to farm a million gold and 15 EXP potions? Suddenly Bundle B is better. These companies purposefully overvalue gameplay items. Don't be suckered in.
    2. Generally, the best value in these games is monthly = battle pass > newbie bundles > bundles > regular shop. If you're looking to spend and get the most bang for your buck, buy the monthly and/or battle pass. When people say "monthly" they mean a package where you get a trickle of premium currency every day for a month. Most people treat these like subscriptions. Buying a monthly + battle pass usually ends up being $15-$30 a month, depending on the game.
  2. Don't. Chase. Waifu/Husbando. Don't do it. It's a bad time. If there's a character you must have and that's what's most important to you, play the hoarding game. Don't spend anything until you either have enough for pity or have enough to where you feel comfortable spending money to reach pity. Everyone has a number. Know yours.
  3. Early on, it may be worthwhile to spend premium currency to refresh stamina a little. This allows you to reach endgame quicker, which usually lets you be more efficient with your farming. Gacha games with stamina are all about efficiency. That's not to say that you have to plan every step of your journey, but having a broad gameplan is usually a good thing. Of course you can just go with the wind and play how you want.
  4. Don't throw around upgrades until you're sure you like the character. There's no worse feeling than spending limited/time-gated resources on a character only to realize you don't like them as much as you thought you did.
  5. Join a community. It can be here, Discord, Reddit...but gacha is SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE with a community. Talking with fellow players makes these games the blast they are. Meme together. Play together. Bitch together. Celebrate together. It's a ton of fun.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This game has a battle pass?

I explained it in my post above. There will be a blessings pass and a battle pass. The blessings pass gives you 3000 primogems (to exchange for about 20 fates) over one month and the battle gives you all sort of good rewards over a month for doing and achieving different kinds of things in the game. they cost 5 bucks and 10 bucks respectively.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
To be completely honest, and it hurts me a bit to tell you, because you seem excited about it, but I think that preorder bundle is not worth it. Nothing in this is worth the 10 bucks and I have no idea why they even put it on the Playstation Store.

Better to start this game on PS4 for free, get the glider and sword for free and get the general pre-registration goal items (10 fates and some food) for free and then get the blessings pass (I don't know what it will be called in the final game) and the battle pass (don't know the final name either), which cost 5 bucks and 10 bucks respectively and which are imo worth the money.
For example with the blessings pass you get about 20 fates (character pulls) for 5 bucks, while that pre-registration bundle for 10 bucks gives you 2 fates. All of the other items in the bundle you can easily gather yourself or craft yourself in the game.

In the PS4 beta I didn't need to connect to any Mihoyo account. It automatically created one for my/connected to my PSN account.

Whoops haha, oh well. At least it might save me some time on the gathering/crafting front?

But honestly even if I got both of those other paid things in the first month, that still only adds up to $25 in total, and if the game is really over 60 hours long then I can hardly complain.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Just wanna say I appreciate all the updates, advices and overall engagement you've been doing Tyaren. If it wasn't for your OP and constant engagement in this thread I wouldn't be half as excited as I am for the game :) thank you!

Some tips for those who are new to gacha:
  1. There is no shame in spending. Anyone who shames you for spending in a gacha game is honestly pretty foolish and naive. Obviously, there are extremes to everything. Don't spend money you don't have. I've spent probably $200 this year on gacha, and if I was playing "real games" I'd spend more than that.
    1. If you're looking to buy, most of the time bundles that include "gameplay items" aren't worth the money. These companies know this, and will try to entice people with these bundles. For example: Bundle A has 1 million gold, 20 EXP potions, and 3 pulls worth of premium currency for $10. Bundle B has 6 pulls worth of premium currency for $10. It might be tempting to get Bundle A because you could use those potions now, but what if 1 pull worth of premium currency spent on refreshing stamina can be used to farm a million gold and 15 EXP potions? Suddenly Bundle B is better. These companies purposefully overvalue gameplay items. Don't be suckered in.
    2. Generally, the best value in these games is monthly = battle pass > newbie bundles > bundles > regular shop. If you're looking to spend and get the most bang for your buck, buy the monthly and/or battle pass. When people say "monthly" they mean a package where you get a trickle of premium currency every day for a month. Most people treat these like subscriptions. Buying a monthly + battle pass usually ends up being $15-$30 a month, depending on the game.
  2. Don't. Chase. Waifu/Husbando. Don't do it. It's a bad time. If there's a character you must have and that's what's most important to you, play the hoarding game. Don't spend anything until you either have enough for pity or have enough to where you feel comfortable spending money to reach pity. Everyone has a number. Know yours.
  3. Early on, it may be worthwhile to spend premium currency to refresh stamina a little. This allows you to reach endgame quicker, which usually lets you be more efficient with your farming. Gacha games with stamina are all about efficiency. That's not to say that you have to plan every step of your journey, but having a broad gameplan is usually a good thing. Of course you can just go with the wind and play how you want.
  4. Don't throw around upgrades until you're sure you like the character. There's no worse feeling than spending limited/time-gated resources on a character only to realize you don't like them as much as you thought you did.
  5. Join a community. It can be here, Discord, Reddit...but gacha is SO MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE with a community. Talking with fellow players makes these games the blast they are. Meme together. Play together. Bitch together. Celebrate together. It's a ton of fun.

Hell yea I'm gonna paste this on my notes so I don't forget! Thanks!

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops haha, oh well. At least it might save me some time on the gathering/crafting front?

But honestly even if I got both of those other paid things in the first month, that still only adds up to $25 in total, and if the game is really over 60 hours long then I can hardly complain.

The items are not worthless, they will make your team a bit stronger right from the beginning and save you some time gathering them or crafting them. The gathering is imo fun though, because it makes you explore the world, the crafting can maybe get a bit annoying. And who knows, by pure luck you might pull an awesome character with just one of those fates you got in that bundle. ;)

Yeah, no worries on that front, the game is totally worth 60 bucks right out of the gate and I don't think I am the only one saying that. I think everybody who played the game for more than a while would agree. This feels like a fullprice singleplayer AAA JRPG. Hadn't they pulled the plug of the beta that I played after 3 weeks it would have been more than 60 hours too. I bet I would've been able to spend another 20 to 30 hours. And the full game will obviously even have more content than there was in the beta.

Just wanna say I appreciate all the updates, advices and overall engagement you've been doing Tyaren. If it wasn't for your OP and constant engagement in this thread I wouldn't be half as excited as I am for the game :) thank you!

Aww, thank you. :)

I hate grinding in MMOs. How prevalent is it in Genshin?

Genshin Impact is far from an MMO. I'd call it an online singleplayer RPG with multiplayer options. ;)
In the over 60 hours I played the game I spent exactly zero seconds grinding or what I felt was grinding.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Thank you, that's nice to hear. I thought it was MMO because of Gacha/F2P/coop. Glad you don't have to grind and do Dailies to have fun.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this got already asked, but does anyone know if the PS4 version (on the standard PS4, not the pro) run in 60 fps or only in 30 fps? I would love to play it on PS4 but if possible I would prefer 60 fps for that type of game.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you, that's nice to hear. I thought it was MMO because of Gacha/F2P/coop. Glad you don't have to grind and do Dailies to have fun.

There are dailies after a certain level, but while I played every day I did not every day complete the dailies or sometimes did any dailies at all. There is a ton of stuff in the world to gain experience or items from other than dailies.

Sorry if this got already asked, but does anyone know if the PS4 version (on the standard PS4, not the pro) run in 60 fps or only in 30 fps? I would love to play it on PS4 but if possible I would prefer 60 fps for that type of game.

How to tell you that so far the game doesn't even run at stable 30fps on PS4 or PS4 Pro? :(
I assume it will be stable 30fps though in the final game. 60fps are out of the question though.
PS4 Pro however offers native 4K resolution. At least the game looks brilliant on stills. ;)

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I explained it in my post above. There will be a blessings pass and a battle pass. The blessings pass gives you 3000 primogems (to exchange for about 20 fates) over one month and the battle gives you all sort of good rewards over a month for doing and achieving different kinds of things in the game. they cost 5 bucks and 10 bucks respectively.

This kind of stuff makes me worry that the game will be too confusing with all the different kinds of currency and the amounts, but I'm not used to playing this kind of game.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow

I heard optimal dailies tale like 2 hours. There's a certain honeymoon period the beta is leaving people in, so it's important to understand, that "end game" stuff will require you to grind and do typical mmo/gacha stuff.It's just in many people's experience, there's like 30-60 hours of content before you find yourself in position where you'd even feel the need to pay attention to that stuff. I guess if you are fine with playing the game's current story content, and then waitig for big patch to drop with more stuff, that'd be potentially the best way to distance yourself through most of the grind.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I heard optimal dailies tale like 2 hours. There's a certain honeymoon period the beta is leaving people in, so it's important to understand, that "end game" stuff will require you to grind and do typical mmo/gacha stuff.It's just in many people's experience, there's like 30-60 hours of content before you find yourself in position where you'd even feel the need to pay attention to that stuff. I guess if you are fine with playing the game's current story content, and then waitig for big patch to drop with more stuff, that'd be potentially the best way to distance yourself through most of the grind.

The four dailies take way less than 2 hours. Maybe half an hour to 45 minutes. They are basically something like this:
1) Destroy this enemy camp
2) Bring this character this item
3) destroy this other enemy camp
4) beat this mini-boss

They are the braindeadest and most boring content in the entire game and I mostly ignored them each day. What they reward you with (adventure rank experience, mora and materials) you can find elsewhere in the game in much funner ways. Some here seem to underestimate just how huge the game world is and how rich it is in content. Think Breath of the Wild with three times the stuff scattered in there. Go explore everything and you'll have enough experience, money and materials for a long time.
But I played this game just as I would play other regular JRPGs/RPGs, maybe if you are rushing it and if you want to quickly become the best equipped player with the best characters and maxed out characters (why though?) then you do indeed need to grind.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
How to tell you that so far the game doesn't even run at stable 30fps on PS4 or PS4 Pro? :(
I assume it will be stable 30fps though in the final game. 60fps are out of the question though.
PS4 Pro however offers native 4K resolution. At least the game looks brilliant on stills. ;)

Oh damn, I had no idea, haha. Hm, I could live with stable 30 fps. I guess I will just make a decision closer to the release. Do you think that the PS4 exklusive items (the weapon and the glider) are really worth it? Because I have my eyes on them but I don't know how fast you can get a similar / better weapon and glider.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, I had no idea, haha. Hm, I could live with stable 30 fps. I guess I will just make a decision closer to the release. Do you think that the PS4 exklusive items (the weapon and the glider) are really worth it? Because I have my eyes on them but I don't know how fast you can get a similar / better weapon and glider.
A word of warning with the PS4 version: There is NO cross-save. You're stuck on PS4/PS5. You can fully play with people on PC, mobile, and Switch, but you cannot play with your account on those platforms.

However, if you're a console gamer and don't think you'll ever play on mobile/PC/Switch, then there's nothing wrong with PS4.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
A word of warning with the PS4 version: There is NO cross-save. You're stuck on PS4/PS5. You can fully play with people on PC, mobile, and Switch, but you cannot play with your account on those platforms.

However, if you're a console gamer and don't think you'll ever play on mobile/PC/Switch, then there's nothing wrong with PS4.

Yeah, I saw that, thanks for the warning though! I really appreciate it! No cross-save (something I feared to happen) is the reason why I'm a bit scared to commit to the PS4 (and I guess eventual PS5) version of the game. I play on both consoles and PC, so in the end my choice boils down to if those bonus items (and whatever bonus items they have planned for the future) are really worth being stuck on only one plattform. My gut feeling tells me no.

Oct 26, 2017
It will be interesting to see what the newer characters look like once they reveal more regions since their designs seem to be based off of where they are from.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I saw that, thanks for the warning though! I really appreciate it! No cross-save (something I feared to happen) is the reason why I'm a bit scared to commit to the PS4 (and I guess eventual PS5) version of the game. I play on both consoles and PC, so in the end my choice boils down to if those bonus items (and whatever bonus items they have planned for the future) are really worth being stuck on only one plattform. My gut feeling tells me no.
100% no. At least not what have been shown. Could it change? Maybe. But I doubt it. PS4 will get some extra goodies, but nothing game changing. Nice to have, I'm sure, but it's not worth being so limited, at least IMO. Game plays super well on PC and mobile if you have a powerful enough phone.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
100% no. At least not what have been shown. Could it change? Maybe. But I doubt it. PS4 will get some extra goodies, but nothing game changing. Nice to have, I'm sure, but it's not worth being so limited, at least IMO. Game plays super well on PC and mobile if you have a powerful enough phone.

Awesome, thank you very much. That makes my decision definitely easier! PC it is then. I love to have options and ideally the Switch version will support cross save, so I could use that one for some action on the go as well.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. 100% free. It is a gacha, but by all accounts, at least so far, it's not super predatory. At least as far as gachas go.
No mobage is super predatory at honeymoon.
It's really just post-endgame when you're wanting new (powercrept) toys to play with, and notice how slow currency gains is in the long run.
I think this one is going to be abysmal seeing rates and gem gain from beta. (for f2p)

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think that the PS4 exklusive items (the weapon and the glider) are really worth it? Because I have my eyes on them but I don't know how fast you can get a similar / better weapon and glider.

I don't think they are worth to stay on PS4 if you rather would want to go on another platform. But they are indeed nice. Gliders are rare and those are the coolest looking by far. The weapon is a 4 star weapon with a cool unique effect of also dealing damage to enemies nearby. For the first several hours you'll be pretty overpowered. You can actually keep it and upgrade it for the entirety of your playtime in the game. Only 5 star weapons are better and they are very rare, just as 5 star characters. In over 60 hours I never pulled any 5 star weapon...

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's very short sighted to try and look at this game from a purely rates perspective. There's stuff to do beyond just chasing chars all day. It's not like most gachas where if you aren't chasing a new png, you're doing nothing. That's not to say it's above criticism cause the rates were definitely a bit too low but I think it makes a bit of sense when you consider the amount of ways to get currency from playing, the cheap battlepass, the straight up free chars they give out (xiangling, Noelle banner,etc), etc. I'm optimistic.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to be saving right from the start. And hope that by the time a Keqing banner shows up I have enough to guarantee.

Battle pass also seems to be a decent deal, pretty cheap if you're planning on spending a long time playing.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they are worth to stay on PS4 if you rather would want to go on another platform. But they are indeed nice. Gliders are rare and those are the coolest looking by far. The weapon is a 4 star weapon with a cool unique effect of also dealing damage to enemies nearby. For the first several hours you'll be pretty overpowered. You can actually keep it and upgrade it for the entirety of your playtime in the game. Only 5 star weapons are better and they are very rare, just as 5 star characters. In over 60 hours I never pulled any 5 star weapon...

It's great to hear that they at least give some actually good items. But the more I think about it, I also think that they're noth worth being stuck to just one platform, even if they do sound tempting.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's very short sighted to try and look at this game from a purely rates perspective. There's stuff to do beyond just chasing chars all day. It's not like most gachas where if you aren't chasing a new png, you're doing nothing. That's not to say it's above criticism cause the rates were definitely a bit too low but I think it makes a bit of sense when you consider the amount of ways to get currency from playing, the cheap battlepass, the straight up free chars they give out (xiangling, Noelle banner,etc), etc. I'm optimistic.

This.
Genshin Impact is not the usual gacha, it is very unique in that it offers you a vast, beautiful and interesting world to freely explore. The game world is imo the true star of this game. Chasing your favorite waifu or husabndo comes second. ;)

I'm going to be saving right from the start. And hope that by the time a Keqing banner shows up I have enough to guarantee.

Did someone so far make a proper calculation regarding character pities? Keqing is unfortunately a 5 star character...

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
The big difference is how complex the characters play and look motion-wise, compared to simply getting a png "card" like in GBF or FGO.
You WILL want those new toys eventually, because sticking with the same ones will get stale eventually no matter what.
For f2p, saving for that spark is probably the wisest thing honestly.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This kind of stuff makes me worry that the game will be too confusing with all the different kinds of currency and the amounts, but I'm not used to playing this kind of game.

So I only have experience with a few gacha games, and of the 2 I've spent money on, one of them (Another Eden) only has basic buying premium currency bundles and the other (Dragalia Lost) doesn't have anything that's more complicated then a pretty simple "pay to get some premium currency and then a bit more of it + some items across a week" option. But I've seen what the other games offer too and think I can offer some general tips for understanding these kinds of systems and reinforcing what Einbroch said. Of course, this ended up being a wall of text, so maybe it's also a little intimidating; I'm just gonna spoil tag the first half to help with that feeling, hah. But I hope it helps break things down?

So I write some of what I'd meant to post before realizing that we should really talk about some very basic gacha systems and terminology in detail, cause I think that's key to following any advice if you're coming in with 0 prior experience. To gain things from the gacha - even before we talk about what the gacha is - know that on a basic level, you'll be spending a currency to do that. Sometimes there are different names for the free currency and the paid currency and you are able to use them separately; sometimes it's confusingly just "paid _" and "free _", with the game prioritizing the use of free currency instead of letting you spend it separately. In this case... it sounds like there is a single currency "primogems" and then items that give you usages of the gacha, free "Acquaint Fates" and (sorta) paid "Intertwined Fates", with you spending primogems to buy these Fates rather than buying usages of the gacha with primogems directly. Which appears to be why the game doesn't have a "free" currency, since while it does let you earn the primogem currency through gameplay, if they want to give you something of lesser value it can just give you some Acquaint Fates insead. And while this may sound like it's another layer of complication, often games will have systems where they give out free usages of the gacha through items (usually "tickets") anyway, so it's actually kinda simplified?

Then the actual gacha itself is a system where you do either individual "pulls" or 10 pulls at a time; each "pull" will be a random character/weapon/whatever. Usually the incentive to do the 10 at a time option is that you will be guaranteed that at least one thing will not be the lowest rarity (in practice - for the 10th pull, the lowest rarity is removed from the pool while everything that's not the highest rarity has a higher chance). There will be different pools of the things you're pulling called "banners" (that's the general term I've seen used - but for this case, it looks like it's used alongside the game-specific term "wishes") that will cycle in and out over time. These banners will have some specific things that are "rated up", "featured", etc. which means they are have a higher chance of being gained over other things of their rarity and usually these will be new additions to a game. There will be detailed breakdown of the exact % chance of getting any specific thing from a banner that you should always check, not just for comparing those % chances but also for seeing what else that's not featured is in or out of the pool. Games will often offer a difference between banners that accept all currency and paid-only banners, with paid-only banners tending to have big bonuses like "you are guaranteed to get a highest rarity character" or even "pick any character you want afterwards". However, in this case it just seems like Acquaint Fates are only used on an "everything that's out" banner while Intertwined Fates are the ones that are used for the other normal banners... but since primogems are also earned through gameplay and you can get Intertwined Fates through gameplay as a result, it's not quite the same thing as those being paid-only, I guess?

Regardless, as Einbroch said - a big point to understand is that if you know you will care about getting very specific characters, hoard primogems and Fates rather than spending them on whatever, even if this takes a long time. Obviously, this makes basic sense - more pulls = more chances to get the thing you want. But beyond that, there are systems in place that make it so going all out on one banner is rewarded. For this game, it looks like that's a mix of "if you aren't getting something of the highest rarity after 89 pulls, you will definitely get something of that rarity the 90th time" and that's combined with "50% of the time you get something of a higher rarity, it's the featured thing; if it's not the featured thing, the next time you get something of that rarity it will definitely be the featured thing". So theoretically, by combining those 2 rules, there is an amount of stockpiling you can do that means you will definitely get the thing you want if you go all out, somewhere between 89 and 190 pulls. Whether it is reasonable to hoard that much... we'll have to see.

Now, uh, alllllllll that being said, what I meant to say was just that if you want to spend a little money on a gacha game, it's important to look for efficiency in what you gain from it. Often what is most helpful is just going to be the premium currency, so a higher currency/$ rate among the cheapest options is what you want to look out for; often items included in "currency and some items" bundles are worthless, but at the same time those bundles can have a much nicer currency/$ rate than the cheap options for buying only currency. And combined with this, sometimes games will also have a system that incentives using small amounts of premium currency rather than spending it on 10 pulls directly. The Dragalia example I gave at the top is is something I buy due to this. Though that pack is available once per week, I only buy it once a month, as that game offers a system of discounted daily pulls if you use paid currency - I basically get a month of 1 pull/day for the $10 I spend on the pack, so it's fine that I have to wait the week for the full amount as the initial amount given covers the whole week anyway. In this game, it sounds like there's no similar system but instead there is just a very cheap monthly pack for currency - so you'll get enough primogems to buy around 20 pulls (so 20 Fates) for $5. It is slowly given over the course of the month and you have to wait for that month to end to rebuy it... but keep in mind that the $5 cost is roughly 1/10 of the price it'd cost to buy that much currency outright. That is the very obvious reason why it's being recommended as what to spend money on, as even a long delay in getting all the currency is much less important than that excellent currency/$ rate. (And depending on the game, there may be advantages or disadvantages to more single pulls across multiple banners vs more currency that can be used whenever but for less pulls, etc. etc. But since we're talking about this game specifically, we don't need to go further into things that don't exist!)

And finally, apparently there's a battlepass. This is separate from any idea of currency/gacha usages. They're definitely widespread beyond gacha games, but if you're not familiar - basically just a paid achievement system. Do certain tasks to unlock more rewards. Often the way it works is that you can buy the pass at any point during its availability and get any of the items you've earned up to that point, so you should be able to see exactly what you've earned and then decide if you want to pay for those rewards. So it'd just be a matter of "do I think these things are worth $10" at that point.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
IIRC you need 180 rolls to get guaranteed.

First 90 is any 5* pity.

Next 90 is guaranteed banner feature pity.

How does that fit into the fates currency? How many pulls do I get from each? I still know nothing about it =(

Btw I didn't know battle passes would exist, that is pretty awesome! Anyone knows already what we're gonna get from the extra challenges?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
How does that fit into the fates currency? How many pulls do I get from each? I still know nothing about it =(

Btw I didn't know battle passes would exist, that is pretty awesome! Anyone knows already what we're gonna get from the extra challenges?
You buy Primogems with real life money and from in-game events/quests/etc. You can exchange 160 Primogems for a Fate, which is one pull. You might also get Fates from events and such.

They separate the Primogems from the Fates because you can also use Primogems to refill stamina.

Battlepass rewards from the beta were weapons, skillbooks, materials, gold, and Fates.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Aww... :3

EgXcySKVAAINUij

by Melanbread@Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.