• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Damn thats wild. Feels like they're trying to get away from BOTW in the combat (and going right back to it with the lingering environmental shots)

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
The environments in this game are so beautiful that I'm going to have to play it. The music is wonderful too.

Can't say the gameplay looks very fun from what we've seen up until now, but I want to explore the world a bit regardless.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Outside of how it looks graphically I still dont get what this game is about? Maybe I missed a trailer but whats the story setup.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This looks so lovely and charming. :) To me the most beautiful anime style game ever conceived. I don't get anyone still claiming this is lacking originality and charm. It oozes from those.

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
I didn't get in the first beta test so I was hoping I'd maybe get lucky this time, but nope, never lucky. :(

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Glad I saw this. Looks like I actually got in! Pretty hyped up now lol.

This looks so lovely and charming. :) To me the most beautiful anime style game ever conceived. I don't get anyone still claiming this is lacking originality and charm. It oozes from those.

It looks like it's got its own personality, sure, but it still immediately evokes BotW super super heavily for me with a lot of the UI elements.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Saw this at PAX East. It looks like Breath of the Wild with a personality, characters, and genuine plot. Combat felt much better too.

I liked it enough to try their gacha game so I'm very excited to see this one come out.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Can someone inform me here. I know this game was made by the people who made honkai impact which is a pretty good looking action game but also a gacha game on mobile.

What is the structure of this game? I read somewhere its a F2P game. Is this an MMO? Is there a gacha component? Is it really free to play?

I really like the look of this game and the gameplay seems neat. I'm just not fond of MMO and gacha as I hate relying on good luck and drop rates to enjoy a game.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Character wardrobes still follow modern fantasy anime cliches, especially for women. Nothing you haven't seen in games like Granblue Fantasy or Dragalia Lost. Fanservice before practicality.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
The English voice acting is really bad. English VAs just can't pull off the cutesy style voice without sounding really cringey. Americans should just learn to read for once instead of demanding everything get a dub.

I'm kidding. :p

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That looked awesome, I really hope I get beta access! I doubt it though as my Mihoyo account seems like in some kind of weird Gmail limbo.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Can someone inform me here. I know this game was made by the people who made honkai impact which is a pretty good looking action game but also a gacha game on mobile.

What is the structure of this game? I read somewhere its a F2P game. Is this an MMO? Is there a gacha component? Is it really free to play?

I really like the look of this game and the gameplay seems neat. I'm just not fond of MMO and gacha as I hate relying on good luck and drop rates to enjoy a game.
Singleplayer with optional coop. Going to be F2P with gacha though.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Actually agree with this part, not the rest. If this is published by Sony, why can't they just use higher-tier VAs you get in their western games?

I think only the PS4 version is published by Sony. This is coming to Switch too.
Even if it was published by Sony I somehow doubt they'd shell out for top tier VAs because it's anime Styled. Thus unfairly doomed to be niche.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Still curious about the game but if it DOES have gacha I imagine I'm gonna bounce off it hard, if I ever get a chance to test it.

Character wardrobes still follow modern fantasy anime cliches, especially for women. Nothing you haven't seen in games like Granblue Fantasy or Dragalia Lost. Fanservice before practicality.
It's a shiny cel shaded wrapper, but agreed, it's the same 7 designs that GRanblue, Azur Lane, Fate, etc are all using, but if it didn't work they wouldn't keep doing it. V_V

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
so not a traditional rpg leveling system? that's really dissapointing
There is, but there will be a level gate that you can only breakthrough with mats that is most easily acquired by gacha. This applies to everything in the game, characters, weapons, artifacts, etc. Although monetization isn't 100% set in stone at this point.

Dec 14, 2017
To those wondering about the overall progression structure, it will be similar to other f2p gachas. It's not designed to be blitzed, it's designed for quick daily logins and gradual accumulation of resources. Yes you'll find yourself limited from a pure mathematical perspective at times for completing high end stuff, but that's the pay model. There will be viable options for pure f2p players, just like there are in honkai impact 3, don't expect to top leaderboards or anything and there is not PvP or anything either (at least that I know of for GI). Also narrative stuff will come in bursts in the form of events and whatnot, you won't see a definitive conclusion anytime soon

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
I'm both strangely excited and rather concerned about Genshin Impact, it looks so good... but viewed as either a traditional single player game or an MMO. But this kinda isn't either, it'll be more mobile game style with story events and gacha and such, it feels at odds with the gameplay they're trying to present.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
do you get an email saying you're not in the beta?
i'm not seeing anything
don't even remember which email i used :<