• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It's not Ashly Burch, if they're not using Chloe's VA from LiS Before the Storm they failed. She actually sounded like Burch.

After seeing the panel with voice actors talking about their work on War for Wakanda, I think it would be good if they didn't get a actor to try to voice match another actor. Chris Judge talk about how bad and wrong it feels, and how he will never do that again. It's usually because they don't have the budget, or they don't want to spend the price the actor wanted, so they get a person that can get close enough.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
More info:

e5c24eb20a0a8a14d14c57ef754d634e_6781029383103137007.gif

fba7ead7fa5bc7912323e0eb489e51de_5205288559216514551.gif

29a5d65c42dfd051389b3ba848c699b4_5822246394634830086.gif

And info that that answers constellation or upgrade material questions:

26dd070ce540d985805143df2c1f25a5_883195005585358106.jpeg
I wonder if the way they answer the question about constellations means we'll eventually get cons for Aloy. I hope so because it's going to be a little weird having a character who doesn't have them.

Nov 21, 2017
It's not Ashly Burch, if they're not using Chloe's VA from LiS Before the Storm they failed. She actually sounded like Burch.

I forgot she didn't reprise her role as Chloe because of the VA strike. Yeah they should have just used the same non union VA from Before the Storm if they didn't want to pay a union voice actor in Burch. Still with the money this game brings in I'm surprised they aren't willing to pay any union actors.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
After seeing the panel with voice actors talking about their work on War for Wakanda, I think it would be good if they didn't get a actor to try to voice match another actor. Chris Judge talk about how bad and wrong it feels, and how he will never do that again. It's usually because they don't have the budget, or they don't want to spend the price the actor wanted, so they get a person that can get close enough.

I actually agree with it in Judge's case cos if I'm hiring CJ, I would want to see/hear what he brings to the table. I never wanted a Chadwick impression from whoever they brought on for T'challa.

I forgot she didn't reprise her role as Chloe because of the VA strike. Yeah they should have just used the same non union VA from Before the Storm if they didn't want to pay a union voice actor in Burch. Still with the money this game brings in I'm surprised they aren't willing to pay any union actors.

Yeah I was surprised too but I'm not mad at it, Burch was probably busy, she may not be doing Attack on Titan but she probably has Horizon FW and Tiny Tina.
The BTS voice was brilliant as she could've fooled anyone into thinking it was still Ashly Burch doing the voice.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like GI female characters are overly sexualized, they even gave Ayaka granny panties, they do have an aversion to pants(not shorts, they love those) though.
It's more that it isn't really Aloy's vibe from what I know, sometimes collabs (in general) do give the collab character a flourish that's more at home in the game that is hosting them for the collab so that's what I was getting at more than anything. See the illustrations for the FF collab characters in WotV (horrible predatory game but the collab illustrations of the collab units are fire)

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The reason I started Genshin a month ago and now she won't even make the team. Yoimiya for life 🎆🎇

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah I was surprised too but I'm not mad at it, Burch was probably busy, she may not be doing Attack on Titan but she probably has Horizon FW and Tiny Tina.
The BTS voice was brilliant as she could've fooled anyone into thinking it was still Ashly Burch doing the voice.

I gave up on AoT but if she is unable to continue reprising her role as Sasha, Funimation can always ask Megan Shipman to take over the role. She took over her role as Mayuri for the second half of Steins Gate 0 and I didn't even notice a change. The only reason I knew they made a change was because Ashly announced she wouldn't be able to finish the role for the rest of the season.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I gave up on AoT but if she is unable to continue reprising her role as Sasha, Funimation can always ask Megan Shipman to take over the role. She took over her role as Mayuri for the second half of Steins Gate 0 and I didn't even notice a change. The only reason I knew they made a change was because Ashly announced she wouldn't be able to finish the role for the rest of the season.

Oh is it? What was the reason for her not finishing the role. Sasha is literally out of the show altogether. Unless there's flashbacks and it's the final season.

Nov 21, 2017
Oh is it? What was the reason for her not finishing the role. Sasha is literally out of the show altogether. Unless there's flashbacks and it's the final season.

I stopped watching the anime awhile ago so I'm not sure if she was unable to continue her role. Maybe Lukemia SL might know more. I was merely suggesting just like for Life is Strange they were able to find a great sounding replacement that Funimation probably get Meghan Shipman to take over her role as Sasha if she can't continue since she took over her role of Mayuri in Steins Gate 0.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I stopped watching the anime awhile ago so I'm not sure if she was unable to continue her role. Maybe Lukemia SL might know more. I was merely suggesting just like for Life is Strange they were able to find a great sounding replacement that Funimation probably get Meghan Shipman to take over her role as Sasha if she can't continue since she took over her role of Mayuri in Steins Gate 0.

Rhianna DeVries was her VA for Before the Storm she was excellent. Ashly's really busy isn't she!

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Mihoyo should shoot for the stars and ask Nintendo for a Zelda collab, they made a competent BotW clone might as well.

Link or Zelda or both. Zelda bow user and Link Greatsword user.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotta make a team of "I don't care about meta, this is who I want to play as". Aloy, Hu Tao, Yoimiya, and I dunno, Zhongli to keep easy mode on.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I have a PS4 but i don't use it to play genshin. Wonder if i could log in on it to claim her and continue playing on PC.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I have a PS4 but i don't use it to play genshin. Wonder if i could log in on it to claim her and continue playing on PC.
If you never played the game on Playstation before you can.
They recently added the ability to connect your Mihoyo account from PC and mobile to PSN accounts that don't have an account connected to it.
If you started the game on PS4 it will aready have created an empty account for you so you are out of luck then.

I heard some people were lucky with the support and got unused account disconnected but I wouldn't count on it.

The other way around also works but it's less of a hassle there.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
If you never played the game on Playstation before you can.
They recently added the ability to connect your Mihoyo account from PC and mobile to PSN accounts that don't have an account connected to it.
If you started the game on PS4 it will aready have created an empty account for you so you are out of luck then.

I heard some people were lucky with the support and got unused account disconnected but I wouldn't count on it.

The other way around also works but it's less of a hassle there.

Oh yeah thanks, I'm aware of being able to link my account like that, but I was wondering more if Aloy will be playable on PC before 2.2 if you log in one time on PS4 to claim her in the mail. I get the feeling she will be blocked until 2.2 if you're not playing on console.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yeah thanks, I'm aware of being able to link my account like that, but I was wondering more if Aloy will be playable on PC before 2.2 if you log in one time on PS4 to claim her in the mail. I get the feeling she will be blocked until 2.2 if you're not playing on console.
By how it's worded I think she won't be blocked.

They say players "who log into Genshin Impact on Playstation" on that day will get her, not people with their account originating from there.
And then they followup with everyone "who has yet to obtain her" in Phase II, implying that there can be players on Non-Playsation platform who have her before then.

That's how I understand it.

The sword you get on Playstation is similar, it just doesn't have any effect when you are on PC or mobile just like Aloys bow.
(The wings are the exception I guess, with how you can't even equip them on PC and they get unequipped when you log in there)

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
You can. It took about 2 weeks to unlink my psn account.

I went through a similar experience last week. I previously tried out genshin impact on my primary psn account on PS4 (before cross save/play was implemented).

A few weeks ago, I started a new genshin impact account on ios using the same email addres as the one i used for my psn account. This new account had much better gacha luck so I tried to link it on PS5.

It went thru the linking process successfully, but when I loaded the game on PS5, it still used my old save from when I played on PS4.

Worried that it would override my better save/account, I went and unlinked it on ios, and as mentioned by a previous poster, it took a few days to unlink (6 days for me).

So in order to link it to psn, I had to use a psn account that had not played genshin impact before. I tried with my jp psn account, and that worked. I can now play my save on ps5 / ios / pc seamlessly. I was also able to get the psn exclusive sword.

Only downside/upside is the gacha shop prices on ps4/ps5 are tied to the region of your account. So if you linked it to an asian psn account, then the prices of gems might be slightly cheaper.

Jan 9, 2018

That thread title honestly sucks, even as a joke.

With the 60fps patch of Horizon I already accidentally tried to glide off of a cliff 😐
did the same back in the day, I played it shortly after BoTW...

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
I've reached level 23 and still don't quite comprehend all the systems at play when it comes to leveling and character differences. Are they releasing multiple versions of some characters like they do with other Gatcha games? Is there a recommended comprehensive, easy to read / watch guide out there?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I've reached level 23 and still don't quite comprehend all the systems at play when it comes to leveling and character differences. Are they releasing multiple versions of some characters like they do with other Gatcha games? Is there a recommended comprehensive, easy to read / watch guide out there?

They haven't released multiple versions of any character yet. The closest thing is 2 of the characters have alt outfits you could buy (one was formerly unlockable for free from the summer event)