• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just got an email from releases.com to say generation zero is out tomorrow. Is it? why is noone talking about it?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
- The game is probably not that interesting
- It doesn't have AAA marketing budget
- Early reviews don't look promising
- It's published by THQ Nordic

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Gamekult [FR] posted their review

3/10

Pros:
- It's a pretty game
- Menu screen song is really good (considering it is plagiarism of Stranger Things & Terminator)

Cons:
- An awfully empty open world
- The AI of the robots
- No stake, no failure conditions, no depth
- In the end, the game has 5 hours worth of content repeated as nauseam
- Re-use of everything in the game, from assets to its foundations
- Lack of agency, you need to do what the devs intended you to do.
- Sync issues between players (as an example, in one session, two players can not have the same weather, which is a gameplay element)

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

3/10

Pros:
- It's a pretty game
- Menu screen song is really good (considering it is plagiarism of Stranger Things & Terminator)

Cons:
- The AI of the robots
- Sync issues between players (as an example, in one session, two players can not have the same weather, which is a gameplay element)

Wooof. Seems to be a real stinker. A shame, the premise was interesting.

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017

3/10

Pros:
- It's a pretty game

Cons:
- The AI of the robots

Reads like Generation Zero/10

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

3/10

Pros:
- It's a pretty game

Cons:
- The AI of the robots

Holy shit... That sound awful

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
I'm really interested in the Sweden setting since I'm a Swede myself and that it has coop but from the review posted here it doesn't look good Sadly

DCBA

Dec 12, 2018
Will definitely get this for 20€ or so

"Generation Zero is a game that has fantastic potential but falls short in so many areas. The Excellent combat and generally great atmosphere is let down by a myriad of bugs, a very limited range of enemies to face off against, boring quests and a world that is just too large and sterile, particularly if played alone. The potential of bug fixes and increased enemy types would make this a fantastic budget purchase" https://wccftech.com/review/generation-zero-review/

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I got this super cheap so I am not worried about the loss if it is bad. Can't be worse than Earthfall.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Will definitely get this for 20€ or so

"Generation Zero is a game that has fantastic potential but falls short in so many areas. The Excellent combat and generally great atmosphere is let down by a myriad of bugs, a very limited range of enemies to face off against, boring quests and a world that is just too large and sterile, particularly if played alone. The potential of bug fixes and increased enemy types would make this a fantastic budget purchase" https://wccftech.com/review/generation-zero-review/

That's a shame, the premise sounded great - a lot of potential. We weren't sent any early review code, only a copy for launch day...so there's that.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Reviews don't sounds great, but I've seen games like this embraced by the community that didn't review well leading up to release. I'll keep an eye on it since the concept and setting seem interesting to me.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I've never even heard of this game before. Judging by the title, I thought it was an anime JRPG.

I had no idea Avalanche was making a non-JC game. Too bad it doesn't seem to have turned out very well :/

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017

3/10

Pros:
- It's a pretty game

Cons:
- The AI of the robots

Hmmm, Eurogamer seemed to praise the robot's AI.