• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyingorion

Dec 4, 2017
www.cnn.com

Meet Gen C, the Covid generation | CNN

Experts have started to use a new term -- Gen C, or Generation Covid -- to describe how the lives of today's children could be shaped by the pandemic far into the future.

Well get ready to hear a million experts weigh in on Gen C for the next 20 years. If the name even sticks of course.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Coronals.

A friend of mine at work has a 4 and 5 year old. He said they've both regressed a considerable amount in the last 12 months.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
These little Gen C bastards, never shook an honest mans hand in their life. Always covering their mouths.

Back in my day we used to spit in our hands before shaking.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry CNN and other media outlets but this is Gen Alpha still

www.careerplanner.com

Which Generation Are You?

Table shows which generation you belong to, based on your age.

I guess I'm a Xennials? I've never heard that before, but sure. I'm whatever generation this is:

830846.jpg

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Gen C? Right, they will be called "lazy entitled millenials" by old geezers in articles, even though they were born in fucking 2020.

These little Gen C bastards, never shook an honest mans hand in their life. Always covering their mouths.

Back in my day we used to spit in our hands before shaking.
I used to openly cough and sneeze in the bus without covering my mouth. Pansy ass crystal generation.

Oct 25, 2017
Millennials talking to Gen-C: back in our day we had to commute 10 miles up hill and in the snow to go to work. Now you can just sit home in your pajamas

Oct 25, 2017
Weird to define a generation with something they probably won't ever know or care about. Unless it's a replacement for Gen Z?

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this is a terrible idea. I sure would've loved being a part of the "9/11 Generation," remembering a tragedy every time they describe my age group.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
I hate this generation labeling system it's disorganized and inconsistent. Can't we just label the generations like pokemon games?

This is the worst name since millennials. It's actually somehow worse than millenials, given it only applies to kids born during one or two years.

Millenials still make no sense to me, since I generally more closely associate with the 1990s.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
It's actually about growing up with most devices having USB-C connections. It signifies how easy their lives will be.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the worst name since millennials. It's actually somehow worse than millenials, given it only applies to kids born during one or two years.

Millenials still make no sense to me, since I generally more closely associate with the 1990s.

No it doesn't apply to only kids BORN in those days. Did people even read the article? Stupid question I know.

For example

Israel's definition of Gen C includes children born from 2016 to the mid-2030s -- because, he says, the changes we're witnessing are so dramatic that even kids born years after the pandemic ends will still see it shaping their lives.

Makes a lot of sense.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm guessing this is going to end up sticking. In 10-20 years we'll be referring to young kids living during this time as relation to COVID because it will likely define them for years to come for a variety of reasons. It is what it is.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Cool, time for some adults to create stereotypes to attribute to Gen C and pick and choose only members of the generation that fill those stereotypes to thrust into the highlight of discussion, likely in an effort to undermine their needs, particularly the needs we willingly failed to prepare and provide for them.

No it doesn't apply to only kids BORN in those days. Did people even read the article? Stupid question I know.

For example

Makes a lot of sense.

Yes, I'm saying it's a bad name because the changes we see after COVID probably aren't going to be substantial in 5-10 years.

What long-term changes willl we see a decade later? Maybe, if we're really lucky, we'll be working from home more often. We may or may not see a lag in school learning.

Other than that....?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
"Covid is such a big mega-event in human history," says Haim Israel, head of thematic investing for BofA Global Research, who described Gen C in a widely cited report last year. "It's going to be the most defining moment for this generation."

That's.... optimistic, considering the effects of climate change that are only going to intensify over the next few decades.

Sep 20, 2020
Coronals.

A friend of mine at work has a 4 and 5 year old. He said they've both regressed a considerable amount in the last 12 months.

Three and seven year old here. This is us. Not so much three Year old since he hasn't known anything else other than being home. Wife just started working again in December after being a SAHM since his birth. Finally in daycare, which he needed.

Our older daughter though? So much regression, especially in regards to bodily functions. And school is trying to angle it that she is ASD. No she's not. She experienced a major disruption in society through Covid. I work in behavioral health and deal with the occasional higher functioning ASD kid. While not a developmental pediatrician, I at least have some insight into the diagnosis.

Last edited: