• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Only just realised I can't play any of the Ratchet games except for the re-imagining of the first game.

They should bring the PS2 and the PS3 games to PS4. Then at least they would be BC with PS5.

That and Puppeteer.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
29565-rocket-knight-adventures-genesis-front-cover.jpg

One of the best games of its Era and it's forever trapped. šŸ˜¢

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Phantasy Star IV, Dragon Force.
Phantasy Star IV is the complete opposite of this. It's been on the 360, PS3, Vita, PS4, XBox One, Switch and PC. Pretty much any Genesis Collection that is released has it. It's one of the easiest games to find and play.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I still want Chrono Cross and Trigger to be rereleased. And not the shitty app version of Trigger.

I would mind if they remade them, too, but I'd want the originals available.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar Eternal Blue Complete, Dragon Force, Shining Force III, Shining the Holy Ark, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies of Arcadia, Dragon Quest VIII, The Last Story, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story.

Lost Odyssey, really want to play it but don't have an xbox 360, which they'd port it on PC

It's backwards compatible on Xbox One, One X, and the upcoming Series X; without the need to swap between it's 4 discs.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Looks like Dynasty Tactics 2 got a PS2 emulated port on PS3, but that is it, and no release for the first game.

Most notably for me is the Maximo games, I feel like a lot of Dark Souls players now would enjoy the challenge.

I want to play FF Tactics War of the Lions with the battle slowdown removed...prob end up playing it via emulator at some point.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Tatsunoko vs capcom is forever stuck on the wii. A console with no good sticks requiring players to mod arcade sticks or get adapters. Most run its tournaments on dolphin. It's become the new standard for it.

It won't be ported either. It was one of the first 3d era 2.5d fighters alongside sf4 to go online fighter and as such its engine was one that was Frankensteined together by 8ing from one they'd used for kane rider and bleach on wii. As such to get it to do what they needed for the wii it did a ton of stuff specifically just to run for that co sole and it alone. Hell it's not even using proper shader maps. Its generating shaders on hex code value across poly maps and players have to use ubershader preloaded or perform every move once on dolphin to cache shaders so they dont suffer runtime slowdown processing them in matches.
Not to mention it a licensing nightmare with I think fox holding many of the licenses prior to disney buyouts. Its unclear how many of the cast would require special licenses in 2020 to be allowed to port this. It was so hard before folks said it shouldn't have ever released.

Tatsunoko vs capcom is kept alive by a small discord group that's super dedicated. Every year at Frosty faustings they have their own unofficial championship tournament and run online weeklies till then. Meta has grown tremendously over the years too. Game was far more.balanced across the roster than even suspected and there are a lot of viable character combos.
Sad now that's due to technology its essential players dump.their discs onto pc and run it on dolphin just to play. For years folks had to mod their wii with homebrew just to have online matches survive on a private server since wii online services were shutdown.

It needs brought back.

Dlanor A. Knox

ā–² Legend ā–²
Apr 6, 2018
It's backwards compatible on Xbox One, One X, and the upcoming Series X; without the need to swap between it's 4 discs.

Ah yeah that's true, I just don't own an Xbox and don't intend on buying one since I have a pretty beefy pc.

But since it's a Microsoft exclusive, I hope they bring it on pc someday. Even though getting all the legal licensing lined up for a remaster could be a pain... Many people missed out on this game, including myself. :(

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
This thread is depressing as hell. There's a lot of games and old systems that I'm holding onto simply because I can't get them anywhere else. A small part of me enjoys the collecting aspect, but it's a real bummer that all of these amazing games aren't readily available to everyone in some capacity.

depward

Oct 29, 2017
I want to play Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria again. Don't really want to invest time to see how to make it work via emulation. My backwards compatible PS3 died and I'm hesitant to buy some old PS2 to play.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018

It hurts.

I want to replay P4 Golden but I solid my vita.

Want to play p3 too outside of emulation

Also an odd one i thought about the other day, Dragon Ball z budokai hd collection. Still confused why it was never released on PC

Guess it was still during Bandai Namcos weird 'We wont realese anything on PC' stance

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Phantasy Star IV is the complete opposite of this. It's been on the 360, PS3, Vita, PS4, XBox One, Switch and PC. Pretty much any Genesis Collection that is released has it. It's one of the easiest games to find and play.

There's no stand alone version on any of the consoles, or a lovingly remastered edition anywhere, which is what it deserves. It's sorta like telling a Virtua Fighter fan to go buy Yakuza 6.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played it before, but I want to play Persona 4 Golden so bad. Soooo bad.

I'd much prefer to not have to track down a Vita or a PS TV for one game.

Port it Atlus, please.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of games mentioned here that aren't really trapped on its original platform and is available on last gen consoles and with that pretty easily available. Also most games are obviously not available on current platforms if there isn't a PC version.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is only available physical on Saturn and is crazy expensive so most people won't play it without resorting to piracy. And it's an excellent game in that it's a pretty unique JRPG with one of the best combat systems in the genre.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Basically all the greats on the Wii U that haven't been ported over yet. Esp. Super Mario 3D World and Wind Waker HD.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A LOT of Nintendo games shockingly don't get re-releases. Gamecube was the king of this.

Like, how insane is it that games like Mario Sunshine, Baten Kaitos, Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, Star Fox Adventures, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and so many others never got a proper re-release? Even a simple port?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yeah that's true, I just don't own an Xbox and don't intend on buying one since I have a pretty beefy pc.

But since it's a Microsoft exclusive, I hope they bring it on pc someday. Even though getting all the legal licensing lined up for a remaster could be a pain... Many people missed out on this game, including myself. :(
You may be able to stream it on your PC through xCloud and play it.

Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting on BC or remasters of Otogi 1&2 never played those games, but these are exclusive MS from software games that where highly rated. It just seems bonkers to me that these weren't remastered. I always wanted to try them.These releasing on the XSX would easily push me over the edge to buy a XSX.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WWE All Stars
NBA Street 1 & 2
Def Jam Vendatta and Fight for NY
50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
At least Katamari 1 got a HD upgrade recently.
www.youtube.com

Katamari Damacy REROLL - Launch Trailer - Nintendo Switch

The stop-at-nothing pushing prince is back and ready to reroll! When the King of All Cosmos accidentally destroys all the stars in the sky, he orders you, hi...

I personally really miss Xenoblade Chronicles X, I never got super far into it but it is so bizarre and interesting that it would be a shame if it stayed on the Wii U, though it would likely need a lot of work to port to anything modern as it used the Gamepad a lot. Mira is such an amazing well-realised living world.
www.youtube.com

Xenoblade Chronicles X Review | The Wii U's Biggest Game

Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U is great, Alex has assured us of that, but what makes this sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles so good? You'll have to watch ...

I need Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 to be on something modern, they're some of my most favourite games ever. Just upres them and add widescreen support. Nothing else needed for such perfect games.
www.youtube.com

Super Monkey Ball 2 Trailer

Trailer for Super Monkey Ball 2 from the Nintendo Preview 2002 DVD.Rate, comment, whatever.Disclaimer: I do not own this trailer or Nintendo. All rights go t...

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
ExciteTruck and ExciteBots need to be rescued.

Yes! Excite Truck is such an underrated game. I remember how you could use the Wii's SD card slot to play your own custom music in the game.

Same with the excellent Endless Ocean games.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.