• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched. Was about to make a thread myself. Looks pretty good. Interested to see Lee go full Bruckheimer.

Ruprit

Oct 25, 2017
MA
I saw hints of Mission Impossible and John Wick with worse stunts and bad special effects.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will Smith will be a artificially created cloned assassin who will terrorize a city causing countless collateral damage and be like "can't hlep but being a Gemini".

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
#NotMyGeminiMan

200.gif

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I always liked Will, this looks like a fun flick. Also Ang Lee directing this? That sure is unexpected.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Looks really interesting. I'm actually more into this than I thought I would be after that trailer.

Will Smith has a lot riding on this and needs it to be a hit.

If nothing else it looks really interesting dramatically speaking.

But this 120fps bollocks might turn some people off, we'll see if that odd 'aesthetic' will come across on screen or not.

The script was from the older guys perspective, this seems to be the opposite, interesting

Agreed. This isn't the approach I thought they were going to take.

Looks great.

Finally a movie were Will gets to show he can act.

The 'dog scene' in I Am Legend is still a great piece of powerful acting.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
With de-aging tech, Will Smith can reboot the Fresh Prince and still be the lead character.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Will Smith is a great actor, an this looks like its making use of that.

The de-aging tech looks really good too.

I'm in.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer failed at telling me what this movie is even about, aside from showing off the young Will Smith gimmick.

FYI if you hate high frame rate movies, this is going to be at 120fps.

And virtually nobody will be watch it at that framerate, so what's the point of bringing it up as something to hate?

Oct 28, 2017
And virtually nobody will be watch it at that framerate, so what's the point of bringing it up as something to hate?

The look of the movie will be different because of how it's filmed. It won't matter if your TV can display it or not. It will have a slight, motion blur effect if I'm not mistaken.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of this, but a few seconds in I was like, "the hell is this CG-faced Will Smith stuff?" lol

I'll watch, but I don't have high hopes considering I don't know the source material. That, "person.. out of another person", lien is pretty damn bad though. :/

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Nice, been waiting for this trailer for a while now. That's some fantastic de-aging considering it's not just a case of ironing out wrinkles.

Untitled.jpg

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The look of the movie will be different because of how it's filmed. It won't matter if your TV can display it or not. It will have a slight, motion blur effect if I'm not mistaken.
Do you see any difference in this trailer compared to the average film? No?

Ang Lee's previous movie was also filmed at 120fps and looked entirely unremarkable at 24fps.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
You know how people always talk about how women can't get roles in Hollywood once they're 40 or whatever? Now with deaging you'll have 60 year olds playing 14 year olds and no one will be the wiser.

ALL HAIL THE COMPUTER

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
That digital cinematography looks hideous. Looks like the shutter angle is adjusted to look like a Michael Mann film, and the daytime scenes with MEW look like an overlit sitcom. Yuck.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
It's one thing de-aging the face, it's another de-aging the voice. Case in point, even if Disney could redux Jeff Bridges as CLU 2.0 in Tron Legacy using current-state tech, he'd still sound like mid-60's Jeff.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
That digital cinematography looks hideous. Looks like the shutter angle is adjusted to look like a Michael Mann film, and the daytime scenes with MEW look like an overlit sitcom. Yuck.

But it's 4K HDR in 3D at 120fps! /s

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/p...mes-per-second-billy-lynn-failure-1202050742/

As reported by The Playlist, Paramount has sent out a letter to theater chain exhibitors ahead of CinemaCon asking them to test their equipment to see if they will be able to screen "Gemini Man" in its intended 120fps/4k/3D format. The letter provides specific instructions on how to conduct a High Frame Rate test and calls 120fps/4k/3D the "most pristine and immersive format" for showing the film. The movie will also be available to screen in 60fps.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This trailer failed at telling me what this movie is even about, aside from showing off the young Will Smith gimmick.
really? I think it's pretty straightforward. young will smith is ordered to kill old will smith, he found out that he's a clone. that's enough to pigue my interest. anything more its risk showing the whole movie.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Damn why does Young Will look like the better actor?

I think this looks good and really experimental from the CGI goop on older actors to the way everything is being shot super ...I lack the technical knowledge to describe it but it looks like some random person is shooting the action happening right in front of them on an iphone.

Ang Lee is cool.

Jacklw25

Apr 14, 2018
This just looks like Will Smith with stubble vs Will Smith clean shaven.

Last edited:

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Title of thread should have said starring Will Smith and erm Will Smith

As someone who's Star Sign is Gemini

I approve

We approve