• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The game is already good in the next-gen machines via BC but a full next-gen version would be cool, hopefully it's the case(and free)
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/sta...-rated-for-ps5-xbox-series-in-germany#gallery
The German USK games rating board has rated PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
These are new ratings in addition to the previous ratings on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Jedi-Fallen-Order-Ratings_03-18-21.jpg

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
That's probably why they are doing this huge promo on PS Store right now.
Not falling for this one again...i'll wait lmao.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Loved playing this enhanced on XSX at 60 fps. I wouldn't wanna play it again so soon but hoping for a dope sequel down the line.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Didn't it received a patch to enhance the game for the next gen? Curious to see what they'll do in this version. Maybe add ray tracing?

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man. Please let there be a free upgrade path. Wonder what features it will have to be worth the upgrade even though they just did the update.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
That's probably why they are doing this huge promo on PS Store right now.
Not falling for this one again...i'll wait lmao.

I wish these upgrades were standardised across the board so we knew what to expect. I'd be happy with a 10 upgrade fee if it was standard for everything (free obviously better). But buying this now when the next gen version could cost an additional 0 - 70 seems pointless.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
This is nice. The game really needs a resolution bump, because it's really blurry as it is.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Game will look and perform even better on XSX and PS5 since it will fully utilize their capabilities. Also, faster loading (which still takes too long on PS5 last time I heard?).

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished GoW and then they release a PS5 patch. I'm nearly at the end of Jedi Fallen Order and now this again. Seems like whatever game I want to play gets a new version soon after.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Game still has streaming-related stutters even on PC. Really hope a "next-gen" patch that hits all platforms will finally alleviate this (on SSDs at least)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Was going to start this today as I have a feeling it will leave gamepass when/if a new version comes out. I doubt it will be a free upgrade.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Was going to start this today as I have a feeling it will leave gamepass when/if a new version comes out. I doubt it will be a free upgrade.
Could just be like Control where the base game is on GP but the ultimate edition is paid only

Also, Star wars has entered the vault on EA play so it's not leaving

Oct 27, 2017
Oooh I am only an hour or so into it on GP but if it has dual sense support I'd rather play it there. Then again, they'll probably charge for it so idk.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Played and finished it with that $1.50 EA Play promo. I thought it was pretty good. Flawed in some areas but probably one of the best Star Wars games I've played in years. My only real gripe is with loading times. Visually and performance-wise, it was incredible already on the PS5. Anything extra they can throw on top would be nice.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Game still has streaming-related stutters even on PC. Really hope a "next-gen" patch that hits all platforms will finally alleviate this (on SSDs at least)
It's sadly the same UE4 shader compilation stutter that many other UE4 games suffer from. If you reload the game and play the same area (after the cache has built up your first time playing) or revisit an area the stutters are gone. Until you update your drivers and it has to rebuild the shader cache! The Outer Worlds has the same issue, even Outriders to an extent but nowhere near as bad.

They need to change the game to load and cache all shaders upfront like we see with Gears 5, which has no shader stutters whatsoever now. So it is possible to fix.

Hope UE5 addresses these issues globally as it's always been a weakness for UE4 on PC.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Only way I'd go back to this game is if they added fast travel

Made my experience awful without it

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Ok, I just started playing it on EA Play and I had no idea the stutter was a problem all around.

Is it as proeminent on consoles than it is on PC? Cause it suuuucks.

Yes. In fact, on base consoles the game locks up for seconds at a time while streaming in new data. It's especially bad on base Xbox One (and S).

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I beat it on ps5 via the ps4 next gen patch just a few days ago. -_- unfortunately it froze and I lost two hours of progress while doing trophies. If saves and trophies carry over I'll get the next gen version. Else, really pissed this game still had such big glitches 2 years later.