• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Dunno what this means exactly, but I was confused about whether this would also launch on PC after seeing the trailer. Maybe it's timed for a year like FFVIIR states on the box?

Last edited:

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
That's a big moneyhat that they won't even mention anything other than ps5.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone from all these billion dollar companies get their act together and not confuse everyone with
bits of informations made avaiable by twitter!?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Weird that they didnt demo it on hardware then and stated its running on a similarly specced PC, lol like just dont say anything

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to think the trailer editing guy at Sony hates the company.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
After the single "PS5" logo the trailer on youtube also has the same "Not available on other platforms for a limited time after release on PS5". It's at 3:59

But I guess after Demons Souls who knows what the trailer team was smoking...

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Knowing how SE does FF releases on PC....I wouldnt be surprised if we see it a year after the initial PS5 release.

Still double dipping....

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
$10 it's a NieR Automata situation. The trailer that SE made outright said it was running on PC, Sony said it's also coming to PC (and haven't taken the trailer down, unlike the Demon's Souls one)... who do they think they're fooling?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
i guess sony moved the people who made the clock on the ps3's ui to do their communication and marketing strategy?

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it's like FF7 Remake. Sure it'll come to Xbox and PC but who the fuck knows when.

Smile

Banned
Jun 27, 2020
Welp
went from passing on PS5 but now both games I wanted are exclusive, or at least partially confirmed..

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
add the third image at the end of the trailer uploaded to you tube and you have 3 different messages:
EcCIkT8.png

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Can someone from all these billion dollar companies get their act together and not confuse everyone with
bits of informations made avaiable by twitter!?

But the confusion is the point. Throw enough weasel words up that people believe what you want them to believe, that FFXVI is only available on PS5.

At this stage if you believe any claim of third party exclusivity and make purchasing decisions based on that, you've only yourself to blame. Don't believe any of them for a moment.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's coming to PC. They specifically started the show with it because the footage was captured on PC. They made special note of it after it was finished as well, saying that everything else going forward was captured on PS5. This is weird PR from Square Enix.

Neo Ankh

Oct 12, 2019
In other words yes this will come to other platforms within the next 5 years cause this game is probably very far away from releasing.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
lol, did no one actually check the trailers before they cut them? Too much secrecy that no one knows anything anymore.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
FFVIIR came out on PS4 back in Mar/April of this year right? So expect sometime after Mar/Apr 2021 for it.
Yeah, that's what I've been expecting, it's still be a tough wait, haha.

Hasn't been a lot else I've been super excited about this year, but it's not like I don't have a huge backlog in the meantime.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
They showed the game running on PC
They can't confirm the game releasing on PC

Woaw Square Enix

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It basically is confirmed, they just don't want to shine a spotlight on it until the PS5 one is long out. Like most PS "exclusive" console games. Sadly, they're not going to do a simultaneous release like Nier Automata.