• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Can't wait, love the compilation of ff7 despite how flawed it can be at times. Give me all them spin offs and 7 remake part 2 or w/e it's called.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not a CC remaster. That game is one of the most poorly written pretty much everything and ruined VII with it's awful SOLDIER and Zack(I still like him despite the bad writing) ass kissing instead of telling an actual interesting story leading to the major moment of the original.

A remake would also be stupid but at least they could fix some of the original with it like better voice acting and gameplay.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Guessing they're either anime shorts or DLC chapters for FFVIIR. I don't see a way these are full fledged titles

Maybe they'll be announced alongside a PS5 version? 👀

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
200.gif
SQUARE IS BACK

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy if the Zack thing doesn't bleed into the main story (unless it's something like "echoes" only to show how a timeline where Zack and Aerith live isn't viable for the Planet's future), but I'm not too confident. It's way too much trouble they went for to only have this be a small plot thread or relegated to spin-offs.

Sadly, because even if these huge fanservicey deviations didn't bother me by default, I'd be taking Remake's Whispers plotline as an indication of the team's writing and execution capabilities for radically new stuff, and it wasn't good at all imo.

Yeah, that and...

the dumb and completely unnecessary survival of the Avalanche members and the people of Sector 7.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling something FFVII related 'EC' would be pretty significant with the general naming scheme of the Compilation. I hope that in particular isn't just some small thing.

There have been rumours for a rather long time that Squeenix always intended to create a game set after Dirge of Cerberus, which would of course resolve the stinger with Genesis. Calling it Ever Crisis would be pretty cool and you could totally have one final showdown between Cloud, Sephiroth and Genesis.

Dragmire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Will Square have the guts of letting us play as Shinra members again, Turks, Zack Sephy etc, while showing in game what awful cooperate imperial war criminals they are? hahaha

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I feel they would need to have bundled it with all of the previous titles at this point. Would be an instant buy if so as I missed out on a lot of those previous titles except Crisis Core. Would be totally relevant considering the plot of FF7R and help appease people until we eventually get part 2.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
To it's own timeline. Sure.
I think the story is likely going to be reset by the end, because the greater lore is inspired by norse mythology and reborn cycles. Aerith will die again, to restore the greater cycle etc. (and it likely won't be as emotional this time)

I don't like these ideas, because I think the original FF VII was more hopeful, than people give it credit. I prefer if the new series was about accomplishing some greater goal than just defeating Sephiroth again, like eridicating the true source of Jenova.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
It's set in an alternate timeline that does not overlap or replace the original timeline.

Or it's a sequel that doesn't overlap or replace the original timeline by way of a mechanism that hasn't been revealed yet... You're being way too certain about a game directed by Nomura... I mean, the game features the spirits of characters that don't even exist at the time of 7...

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
YES, PLEASE

Does this mean Remake sold pretty well? I haven't been paying attention to sales threads, but I'm all for more FFVII stuff.

In the meantime, please port Crisis Core to modern systems. It honestly baffles me that they haven't already done that. How you gonna let a well-received prequel to one of your biggest games of all time just languish on a dead portable and not bring in any revenue.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
YES, PLEASE

Does this mean Remake sold pretty well? I haven't been paying attention to sales threads, but I'm all for more FFVII stuff.

In the meantime, please port Crisis Core to modern systems. It honestly baffles me that they haven't already done that. How you gonna let a well-received prequel to one of your biggest games of all time just languish on a dead portable and not bring in any revenue.
Because they want the hype of a flagship game to bring in the hype for spin-offs.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah, that and...

the dumb and completely unnecessary survival of the Avalanche members and the people of Sector 7.
I hate to be such a negative nancy with anything regarding the fate/alternative timeline plot, but ugh. It's so unnecessay, out of place and reeks of fanservice (depending on what they do with this, sure: it could be just false hope to be extra cruel, you never know with Nomura lmao).

The rest of the game I find almost a miracle despite its level design and pacing flaws (including new scenario, missions, characters), so it's a bummer that the remaining ones could as well be a totally different Compilation-worthy journey.

As I said, I'm hoping for that timeline to be a world-ending scenario that we only get glimpses or echoes of like in the ending (although they would have already screwed the impact of Zack's reveal for new players, although I'm not expecting them to follow through). I'm fine with occasional big deviations in the journey, but not as huge, and visually/thematically grandiose as the first game's KH-like ending with gods of fate (I could have been happier with it had that come later and not in the more grounded Midgar portion). Like, I'm more than fine with delaying Aerith's death or whatever.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Crisis Core doesn't gen enough love

You could almost say it's...

LOVELESS

youtu.be

LOVELESS recited by Genesis [HD]

A fan video of "LOVELESS" poem, from Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, recited by the English voice actor of Genesis Rhapsodos, Oliver Quinn. I just made this ...

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Barf. Anything to do with reviving that garbage game Crisis Core is terrifying

Last edited:

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. VIIR was dope as fuck and I've been all around pleased with SE's output as of late, so sure. Let's give this another try.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to be such a negative nancy with anything regarding the fate/alternative timeline plot, but ugh. It's so unnecessay, out of place and reeks of fanservice (depending on what they do with this, sure: it could be just false hope to be extra cruel, you never know with Nomura lmao).

The rest of the game I find almost a miracle despite its level design and pacing flaws (including new scenario, missions, characters), so it's a bummer that the remaining ones could as well be a totally different Compilation-worthy journey.

As I said, I'm hoping for that timeline to be a world-ending scenario that we only get glimpses or echoes of like in the ending (although they would have already screwed the impact of Zack's reveal for new players, although I'm not expecting them to follow through). I'm fine with occasional big deviations in the journey, but not as huge, and visually/thematically grandiose as the first game's KH-like ending with gods of fate (I could have been happier with it had that come later and not in the more grounded Midgar portion). Like, I'm more than fine with delaying Aerith's death or whatever.
But its a logic development dude got tortured and knows all the shitty side of shinra. Even more that aerith is his GF.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Personally I disgaree, I love the original story, but I think this should be its own thing now. It could be an alternate timeline story about Cloud dying, instead of Aerith, and eridicating the true sourse of Jenova. I'm not interested in them doing a Flashpoint, or like a Doctor Who story, where the time line has to be reset and there's fixed points, that cannot be changed, very convenient *yawn* But that's just my opinion.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Post-release, Nomura has repeatedly referred to the FF7 Remake as the 5th compilation game... so it would be kind of cute if now the cat is out of the bag, now that the nature of the game is no longer a secret... if the next-gen/PC release had Ever Crisis as a subtitle. Y'know, to give it a proper, traditional compilation name.

In reality though I think Ever Crisis will be some sort of all-new spin-off, and I wouldn't be surprised if it tries to leverage the status of FF7 for something new (like, I could see a service game that was a multiplayer experience with Shinra/Avalance/Wutai factions, or something along those lines).

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
Bruh can they release something in the new compliation with a female soldier? I saw some dope fanart of it on twitter and the concept is cool as hell. I'd love to see a badass female first class soldier, who's with me?

Magog

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
My problem with this is outside of ATB turn based RPGs Square has a pretty poor record for their games. I would love a 3rd person shooter or better yet a fun action RPG set in that universe but they always seem to miss the mark on quality.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I personally believe this is the
Zack Lives FF7 Timeline Game

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Post-release, Nomura has repeatedly referred to the FF7 Remake as the 5th compilation game... so it would be kind of cute if now the cat is out of the bag, now that the nature of the game is no longer a secret... if the next-gen/PC release had Ever Crisis as a subtitle. Y'know, to give it a proper, traditional compilation name.

In reality though I think Ever Crisis will be some sort of all-new spin-off, and I wouldn't be surprised if it tries to leverage the status of FF7 for something new (like, I could see a service game that was a multiplayer experience with Shinra/Avalance/Wutai factions, or something along those lines).
I wonder if they can fit Wutai in VII-2, presumably the main towns will be Junon, Costa Del Sol, Gold Saucer, and Cosmo Canyon, because they're in the same two continents. That and the smaller towns (kalm, corel, Gongaga, Nibelheim, rocket town) is quite a lot to reimagine, really.