• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1098148015636922369?s=21
Just saw this.

Possible Ground Zeroes type situation incoming?

For context, this is one of the two major games coming from Cygames. The other being a Granblue Fantasy JRPG with fast paced action.

Project Awakening was shown at Sony's conference preceding TGS 2018. And as far as I know, Project Awakening was not far along at all at the time of announcement despite being announced as a PS4 game.

Last edited:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
That would make a lot of sense, given Platinum is no longer working on that. Get something out so that more dev time can be had.

that was a false post, my apologies

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought this was going to be a next gen game, am I the only one?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1098148015636922369?s=21
Just saw this.

Possible Ground Zeroes type situation incoming?

For context, this is one of the two major games coming from Cygames. The other being a Granblue Fantasy JRPG with fast paced action.

Project Awakening was shown at Sony's conference preceding TGS 2018. And as far as I know, Project Awakening was not far along at all at the time of announcement despite being announced as a PS4 game.
It was first announced with a teaser trailer shown to press in August 2016 (attached below), so iunno, it could be decently far along?

Very Haibane Renmei-ish there.

OP
OP
Viceratops

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It was first announced with a teaser trailer shown to press in August 2016 (attached below), so iunno, it could be decently far along?

I can't find the citation, it might have been in an earnings call or something, but not long before it was shown pre-TGS, it was stated to be "1% complete" whatever that means.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I can't find the citation, it might have been in an earnings call or something, but not long before it was shown pre-TGS, it was stated to be "1% complete" whatever that means.
Doesn't sound right >.< Like, conceivably content-wise, but they've been working on the engine and concept since 2015.

What confuses me about the possibility of a demo is that the outlets who were shown the minute or so gameplay video described it as "a step above a lot of current-gen games." What we saw in the TGS trailer is probably the same thing, and it definitely looked like something that would kill base PS4 >.<

OP
OP
Viceratops

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Personally, I never believed it was a PS4 game either. But a condensed version of the game or a demo certainly could be on current gen systems.

It probably is a test run to see how they want to develop the rest of the game.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I honestly thought this was going to be a next gen game, am I the only one?
If the reveal gameplay is true, then is hard for me to belive this is a PS4 game.
j5hdcho4asn11.gif