• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update: available now on both PS4 and PC!

Panzer Dragoon: Remake

A new, remade version of the Panzer Dragoon game – true to the original, with improved graphics and controls, that suit modern gaming standards On a far, lone planet, you encounter two dragons awaken from the ancient times. Armed with a deadly gun from the past, and the guidance of your armored...

----------

www.gematsu.com

Panzer Dragoon: Remake coming to PS4 and PC soon, Xbox One later

Publisher Forever Entertainment and developer MegaPixel Studio will release Panzer Dragoon: Remake for PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam and GOG “soon,” and for Xbox One “a little bi…

Panzer-Dragoon-Remake_09-11-20.jpg

Publisher Forever Entertainment and developer MegaPixel Studio will release Panzer Dragoon: Remakefor PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam and GOG "soon," the companies announced.

The game was released on Switch as a timed exclusive last March, and Stadia in June.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Please buy it, people. I want all three games remade.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I will get it on PS4 then.

I was debating wether to get it on Switch or not and ended up not getting it at the end of the day. Now I will get it for sure.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
These guys are busy. PD Remake, PD Zwei Remake, House of the Dead 1 + 2 Remake...

HOTD is an odd choice since I can't think of many modern console/PC gamers who have lightguns, at least ones that are compatible with modern screens.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
For Orta I'd be happy with a PC port on par with the Xbox One X version, no need to remake anything there.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
awesome news. i actually thought it was already out on PC but i guess i was mistaken.
hopefully the remake of zwei isn't too far off.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I know it's not from Forever Entertainment, but whatever happened to the Kickstarter for Panzer Dragoon: Voyage Record?

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I'm talking about Saga since it's the Saturn loose trilogy. Plus Saga is notoriously expensive.

Yes. I'm the happy owner of a PAL Saga :D

I played it day one in 1998, and I absolutely loved it, one of my favorite games ever.
It's still an amazing game today, but of course it looks and feels a bit rough (like most "early 3D games" of that era). So, rarity and expensiveness apart, I'd kill for a proper remaster/remake.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Will buy when on GOG.

Never got to play the originals, and always keen to try out these "console classics"

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's coming, but at a later date:

Cosmic Star Heroine was suppose to come to Xbox One a little bit later also but yet here we are 3 years later. I know it's not the same company, just pointing out that when studios don't announce an Xbox version, it most likely don't happen even if they say it will a little later.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all can play it now. It's one of the free Stadia Pro games. The first month is free. Just sign up, and cancel. The service is actually pretty dope. The game selection just sucks. But the picture quality is nice and lag isn't too bad.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Great - i grabbed this on switch but technically it was really rough. They released a 60fps mode but lowered the resolution and some levels they implemented dynamic shadows that are just constantly flickering, it feels like you're having a seizure.

Looking forward to steam 1440p60fps playthrough with all the technical issues ironed out.

Despite the first level taking too much liberty artistically, the rest of the game actually does a pretty great job of capturing the Andromeda art style.

For Orta I'd be happy with a PC port on par with the Xbox One X version, no need to remake anything there.

God, I wish. Unfortunately I feel like this one might be locked behind a complex sega microsoft collaboration, but I'd be happy to be wrong. Orta on PC would be fucking mind blowing.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll double dip on the PC version because the only negative points of Swtich remake are technical. Pop in, awful shadows, low res, etc.

Still an awesome game :)

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I played it post patch and didn't really enjoy it. Shooting is somehow more sluggish and cumbersome, and the pacing of the game seems off as a result of it. Also, the boss fight in episode 2 was hardly a fight at all.

I also didn't feel that it really succeeded in recreating the atmosphere of the original game visually. The forest area becoming a river area was particularly egregious.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Panzer Dragoon was okay (haven't played the remake), but the sequels are drastically better. Hopefully, they use what they learned from the 1st remake to do a great job with Zwei.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This came free to Stadia Pro subscribers (and it's really good!) so, if they're cutting those kind of deals, it feels like the kind of thing that will come to Xbox 'later'... as a Game Pass addition.