• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, and Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania and Contra for PC.

Konami-Ratings-Taiwan_09-23-20_004.jpg

Konami-Ratings-Taiwan_09-23-20_001.jpg

Konami-Ratings-Taiwan_09-23-20_002.jpg

Konami-Ratings-Taiwan_09-23-20_003.jpg

More details at the link in the tweet.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going to be basic ports for sure but hey, better than shelling out 100+ bucks for the physical editions.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bring mgs hd and mgs4 to pc and next gen consoles cowards

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally fine with these being basic ports, as long as I can use my Dual Shock 4 with them. I absolutely need to relive these favorite games of mine.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I only want MGS4 to escape its PS3 prison. :( I mean, the engine is probably shit, so it's certainly not easy, but...

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Konami porting an old-ass collection when they have two modern ones with more games already would be such a Konami move.

Nov 4, 2017
Please don't just be the old MGS1&2 ports... I own both and they do indeed suck (I don't think I have ever been able to get them working properly).

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I find it crazy that a ton of studios don't go back and just dump emulated versions of their old games on Steam or something. The fact games like Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy Tactics aren't on there is a fucking shame. And I'd honestly probably pay a good $20 a pop for them.

Who wants to play a straight port of MGS1 these days?

I played it a few years ago on a legit PSOne on a CRT. I was surprised that I still enjoyed it. I found it super easy as an adult, which was definitely not the case for 12 year old me.

I also played Mega Man Legends for the first time ever. I wound up fucking loving it, once I got over the weird controls. Gotta get to the second one one of these days.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't related to the prior leak and I have no clue why it's getting lumped on this. None of this has been talked about around here and as of this moment I couldn't find anyone to back it up.
Don't know what you are talking about, just found it interesting that this mentioned a collection coming to PC as well. Not saying that makes everything else true.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
People who never got to experience the games before and don't own consoles?

It's obviously not an ideal solution, since HD collection exists; but bringing old releases into digital distribution is still a positive move.

It's better than nothing obviously but in its original state I don't think it's going to be an enjoyable experience for new players at all.

BadHumans

Jul 28, 2020
people are asking ,"why?" at the CV and Contra collection. it looks to be a strictly Famicom Collection.
castlevania.fandom.com

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra is a compilation package for PC released on November 16, 2002, that includes all three games of Konami's Castlevania franchise and two of the three games of the Contra franchise (excluding Contra Force) that were originally released on the Nintendo...

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
rumor is that some of these are part of a Konami Pack for GoG
I might be wrong, but I don't think Konami has ANY games on GOG right now.

If CDP are the ones to bring the old Metal Gear games back on PC, they way they did with the original WarCraft + Diablo titles last year, that'll be quite a coup for them.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, I remember seeing that Castlevania/Contra bundle years ago at Gamestop. As someone else said, why they would dredge that up when they already did better and more comprehensive collections recently makes no sense.

That being said, there were PC ports for Silent Hill 3 and 4, right? Those would be nice to see. Most of that series isn't available digitally.

Toybasher

Nov 21, 2017
Please don't just be the old MGS1&2 ports... I own both and they do indeed suck (I don't think I have ever been able to get them working properly).

The copyrights in the screenshots make it look like those ports. Praying they somehow did some touch-ups so the controls don't suck major ass. (MGS2 especially had very bad controls on PC due to lack of pressure sensitivity)

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Ugh, I remember seeing that Castlevania/Contra bundle years ago at Gamestop. As someone else said, why they would dredge that up when they already did better and more comprehensive collections recently makes no sense.

That being said, there were PC ports for Silent Hill 3 and 4, right? Those would be nice to see. Most of that series isn't available digitally.

IMO that's the biggest news here personally. If the doors are open for MGS PC Ports from back in the day. Same should be there for Silent Hill.
Wouldn't be surprised if those are planned to hit in october.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017