• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
wonder why it took so long for other ports to happen

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Great news! This is a great remaster for the most part. Hoping We Love Katamari Reroll for all home platforms is in the cards.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
I feel like the zaniness of these types of games, which was so refreshing back in the 2000's, has been supplanted by equally-zany, but better "games," from indie developers.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the zaniness of these types of games, which was so refreshing back in the 2000's, has been supplanted by equally-zany, but better "games," from indie developers.

Having played this remake on PC earlier this year, nah. It's fantastic. The "zaniness" is not even the main appeal.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
I still don't want it.

Give me a Remaster of We love Katamariand I'll buy it on whatever platform it comes out on, before I would even play the original again for free.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
EnviousLazyBoubou-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
amazing news! hope it does well and they port WLK as well
don't skip it people, it's a brilliant game.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure all 7 Japanese Xbox One owners will be excited to hear this.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I didn't even know this was a Switch exclusive.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Man, I got my hopes up for We Still Love Katamari for a microsecond there when I saw the thread title. Oh well, if more people buy Reroll that just means the We Love Katamari remaster becomes more likely!

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Lmao I was waiting for a PS4 version but finally got it on Switch for half off last week. I didn't think it would still come to PS4

oh well, runs and looks great on Switch! Maybe I'll double dip

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I still don't want it.

Give me a Remaster of We love Katamariand I'll buy it on whatever platform it comes out on, before I would even play the original again for free.
100% this.
We Love Katamari is the best katamari game.

Reroll is kinda not great.

I'm sad with PS3 BC apparently not in PS4, we are doomed to wait for a We Love Katamari remaster/rerelease.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Hold on.. Was this not out already?!

Edit:
I had no idea this was timed exclusive. I just assumed it was out on everything. Crazy.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm hoping it gets a physical release in Europe too, but I'll gladly import the Japanese version for PS4 if it has multi-language support like the Switch release does.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I didn't even realize it was a switch console exclusive to this point, cool it's coming to other platforms better later then never

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised it took this long. Almost thought it wouldn't happen, but glad to know it's finally coming to PS4. Kinda bummed they didn't do a collection.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
If you haven't played this yet, don't make the same mistake I made:

don't play infinite mode

It sounds like a dream mode for post-game, but it destroys the mystique entirely

Oct 25, 2017
Well that sure was two years. In all honesty I expected it last year since it had XBOX and PS4 controls in the steam demo.

Liabe Brave

Professionally Enhanced
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone buy it so we get a We ❤ Katamari Reroll
We Love Katamari is the best katamari game.
We <3 Katamari, (The superior sequel), when?
I love both but the second game is so much better in every way. Well maybe not the music.
I recall when We Love Katamari was released, there was plenty of praise, but I also heard lots of talk about how it was "just more of the same" etc. I couldn't fathom it, because from the first time I played I thought it was one of the greatest videogames of all time. It's good to know those were just outliers, and plenty of discerning folks have always been on board.

I'll gladly buy Reroll if it makes a We Love update more likely. The original's not a bad game either (and yeah, the music may even be a touch better), even if it doesn't approach the effervescent joy, humanity, and playfulness of WLK.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
Maybe thats why Xbox 360' s Beautiful Katamari never comes to Xbox One Back compatibility ?