• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
I'll just add if the GG Micro is successful and it brings forth other "micro" Sega systems I'll be very happy (only managed to enjoy a few games on Saturn and Dreamcast).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Here it is:
60th.sega.com

ゲームギアミクロ | セガ

セガの歴史上、唯一の携帯専用ゲーム機であった「ゲームギア」。セガ60周年&「ゲームギア」30周年を記念し、その魅力を極限まで凝縮した「ゲームギアミクロ」が「遊べるマスコット」となって復活
I mean, it's cute, but I was hoping for a Dreamcast/Saturn Mini instead. :(

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if I'd say Game Gear Micro is the announcement quite yet. Sega could have a few things to announce today since it's their 60th anniversary. But Famitsu should leak in about three hours, so we'll know the subject of Nishikawa's article for certain shortly.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
On the subject of other Mini consoles.

The Game Gear Mini is easy because M2 already did GG ports on 3DS. Plus, the root of the MD Mini is Sega Toys, and this is very much a 'toy' like product.

We would have to see Dreamcast port production ramp up before we see a Dreamcast Mini

j^aws

Oct 31, 2017
UK
OKxxT9l.png

Bow to your new handheld overlord!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This will bomb and they'll stop making them blaming this. Absolutely absurd - Which is why you know it will happen, CLASSIC Sega.
This kind of makes me wonder if their big announcement is a new Game Gear portable (i.e., Game Gear 2), similar to the Switch that you can dock at home or bring with you. Make it so the titles for it are all past Sega titles (Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, etc.) that you download to the console.

Hey, a guy can dream.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Back in the day I had a Gameboy Micro, which is roughly the same size. That was perfectly playable, and the screen was sharp enough to play RPGs on and read the text without eye strain. We have better screens now that could be used.

If this *is* the news, then the journalist sure oversold it :) Of course, very few things Sega could do would be on the level of the PS5 reveal article...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
well if that was the thing and it isn't something else (let's say Sega Streaming service or whatever) then hey it is "tech" news and even "new" hardware lol

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
It being just the GameGear mini would be the most 2020 of options. But hopefully the big reveal is still to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.