• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Courtesy of @Renusek and Gematsu

Platinum-4_03-25-20.jpg

Final PlatinumGames 'Platinum 4' announcement set for April 1
"Doozy" of an announcement incoming.

PlatinumGames will make the fourth and final announcement in its set of "Platinum 4" announcements on April 1, according to an update on the Platinum 4 website.
To recap, the first three announcements were the following:
  • Announcement #1: The Wonderful 101: Remastered
  • Announcement #2: Project G.G.
  • Announcement #3: PlatinumGames Tokyo
Regarding the fourth announcement, PlatinumGames executive vice president and studio head Atsushi Inaba previously said, "The last one is a secret. We're doing something very Platinum and interesting. Look forward to it." PlatinumGames senior vice president and game designer Hideki Kamiya said at PAX East 2020 that it will be a "doozy."

Last edited by a moderator:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhh good. An announcement on international fake news day.
Worth noting April 1 is the year of the new fiscal year in Japan. You get lots of serious announcements (like Yoshida mentioning that his division is working on a next-gen game for a while already at SE last year, etc).

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
april 1st?
the 4th announcement will be that there are only 3 announcements :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
4/1
1/4

The fourteenth letter of the alphabet is "N". NieR announcement confirmed!

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So excited to see what this is. Project G.G. was already amazing as is, so I can't even imagine what this is going to be.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Are we positive that this announcement is a game?

Isn't this the game that they've been continually teasing as being a big deal

PlatinumGames is midway through the development of an unannounced title which "has never been done before," according to Inaba. He added, "I know a lot of people say that, but the game we're working on truly is unlike anything else. Even for our varied history of veteran game developers, this is something that has never been designed before. So from a game design perspective, we're very excited right now."

www.gematsu.com

PlatinumGames teases two new wholly-owned IPs, new title that “has never been done before”

Video Games Chronicle has published a new interview with PlatinumGames studio head Atsushi Inaba, who shared various tidbits of information regarding the studio’s future.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017

www.gematsu.com

PlatinumGames teases two new wholly-owned IPs, new title that “has never been done before”

Video Games Chronicle has published a new interview with PlatinumGames studio head Atsushi Inaba, who shared various tidbits of information regarding the studio’s future.
It could be, but that also could be Prohect GG wich Kamiya has been involved with either way its gonna be interesting.
PG always claim their new projects are interesting innovative or never done before like how they hinted at Astral Chain as their interesting new project in the early Switch days i think they just like saying that

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019

www.gematsu.com

Yea. I remember that now. Considering they were teasing 2 titles, its safe to say its gonna be a game. Project GG has me hyped about what it could be. I really hope this is up there as well.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Konami had to come out and deny the rumours of Sony buying all their IPs because they knew they were about to announce Metal Gear Rising 2 with Platinum. It's time TO LET'ER RIPPPPP

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Kamiya should finish a trilogy of Supernatural Stylish Character Action game next.
Devil May Cry -->Bayonetta--->???

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It could be, but that also could be Prohect GG wich Kamiya has been involved it either way its gonna be interesting.
PG always claim their new projects are interesting innovative or never done before like how they hinted at Astral Chain as their interesting new project in the early Switch days i think they just like saying that

I was under the impression that was Project G.G., which is said to have some fairly different gameplay than Platinum's typical action fare (or at the very least, some different styles of gameplay mixed with the action elements)

What's making me think that this is the game is that Inaba seemed to describe it as something that was well into development. They've been talking about that project since at least 2018. When PGG was announced he described it as being at the start point of development.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people are expecting Nier or Bayonetta. The whole intent of this was to show stuff PG was doing without publisher backing (though W101R got permission but that's different).

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It always feels incredibly weird to me to announce stuff on April 1st...

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Platinum presents:
A collaboration with Capcom
A hideki kamiya game
Bayonetta: The Devil Will Cry

Releasing on ps5 and xsx.
As usual xsx version done by platinum.
Ps5 version done by the catering team.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It could be, but that also could be Prohect GG wich Kamiya has been involved with either way its gonna be interesting.
I was under the impression that was Project G.G., which is said to have some fairly different gameplay than Platinum's typical action fare (or at the very least, some different styles of gameplay mixed with the action elements)
It isn't the Kaiju game that's barely started development. This last project has been in development for years at this point.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
My guess
Xbox gave them the rights to Scalebound. Set for next gen a multiplatform game.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
A totally-not-fake announcement on April 1 you say?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
W101 was announced in the morning US time... or noon apparently? Idk

We will go Gaga!

And I'm sure the date was 100% intentional. We will be left wondering whether the announcement is real or an April Fool's joke.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Well, we can already cross out a NieR remake. Think it's Scalebound? Maybe they wrestled the rights for it out of Microsofts hands and they'll work on it on their own.

I don't think it's something Bayonetta 3 related, I feel like that'd be reserved for a Direct.

Oct 27, 2017
The April 1st secret project is that Kamiya will be unblocking *everyone* he has ever blocked on Twitter.

This is without a doubt the largest project Platinum will have ever undertaken, will require significant additional hiring, and is not a project expected to be completed until mid next-gen.