• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I never even though of looking for a hack that removes them. Would anyone care if Konami removed them? They're completely unnecessary.

The first three are too trivial to matter. The last one is paired with the difficult boss encounters, and if you can't remember how to do them you'll die to Death.

I won't miss them. They don't even show up as a thing in Julius mode anyway. Curious how they'll deal with those crystal blocks in the early parts of the game.

Nov 18, 2017
Would pick up instantly if the DS games were included for Dawn and Order of Ecclesia.
Especially if Julius mode is available from the start.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It needs to have Bloodlines and Adventure ReBirth at minimum to get my interest. Konami's never re-released the former in any capacity, and the latter is lost to time due to being WiiWare exclusive.

Edit: And if it has Castlevania III, being able to swap between the JP and US versions would be dope.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
my number one hope is that bloodlines is on it. it's an amazing game, and it saddens me so few people have had the opportunity to play it.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Have only play the DS ones, so having the GBA would be good enough for me, but having the first NES games would be a good bonus of games

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expecting a Lords of Shadow bundle.

Wasn't the PS4 thing a direct, quick and dirty port of the PSP ports?

It was an updated version of the PSP game ala Parappa, LocoRoco et al, yeah. It actually wasn't too bad, but it was clearly only made because it could be done cheap due to that PSP emulation tech being available on PS4.

Didn't stop owners of a certain other platform acting like they had some god given entitlement to the game though.

Deleted member 47318

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Will buy on both PC and Switch if this includes the GBA and DS games, maybe buy for some friends as well.

Better get on a Contra Anniversary Collection as well, Konami.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Expecting a Lords of Shadow bundle
tenor.gif

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't see Konami putting in any effort above the bare minimum to port games into a collection. The DS games seem right out to me unless it's a collection of only the DS games (less likely the DS + GBA games). I don't expect to see them as part of any collection that's covering the entire life of the series.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Please just give me all the Igavanias in one package, and I'm there. SOTN + Rondo barebones port isn't quite enough for me...

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ones I want:
- Dracula's Curse
- Symphony of the Night
- Rondo of Blood
- Aria of Sorrow
- Rebirth

And on Switch. I'm paying any price for that collection if it has those titles. I don't expect the DS ones to come over.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
In my honest opinion, the best possible outcome would be a Classicvania Collection (1, 2, 3, Super IV, Bloodlines, Rondo Of Blood) and a Metroidvania Collection (Symphony Of The Night, Harmony Of Dissonance, Aria Of Sorrow, Dawn Of Sorrow, Portrait Of Ruin, Order Of Ecclesia). Ain't gonna happen, tho. It would be too good.

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
Please give me CV1-4, Rondo, the GBA and DS Igavsnias and Lament of Innocence. On switch.

I don't ask for much 🙂

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You guys are expecting way too much.

We'll be lucky if we get 3 non nes titles.

It's gonna be NES.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There are so many titles this could include. Really hoping for something exciting and comprehensive, and it better have the famicom version of 3 (probably not very likely though).

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
After playing the Mega Man collection, this was my most wanted retro collection. Hope it delivers. I only ever played a handful of Castlevania games to completion : the first game, SotN and Aria of Sorrow I think.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its the Megaman in smash effect all over again

I hope this also eventually ends with a new traditional castlevania

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt rondo or symphony being here since they were both included in that other PS4 release.

This is probably just 1~4 and maybe, maaaaaybe Bloodlines.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Personally, I want the GBA/DS games since those were the Castlevania games I played the most. That said, I would like to see all of the older titles bundled together. Something like the MMLC and MMXLC would be great!

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone noticed it's rated for nudity? I'm not a Castlevania nudity expert but I think that must rule out some guesses of what it contains?

Edit 'very mild impact nudity' so eh maybe not.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I like how in the Castlevania 2 GB boxart
46044_front.jpg

That knight(?) is like 'NOPE, I can hold my bladder in for a few more minutes until I escape from this crazy mfer"

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Finally. If the game line-up is good, this will be a definite pick-up on the Switch for me.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Really hoping for Bloodlines, never had a chance to play it. Same with Belmont's Revenge. For whatever reason Konami decided to only release the first GB castlevania on the 3DS and just stop there. Hoping it's all of the Classicvanias, never was too into the Metroidvanias.