• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

Coming April 28, 2020 to Steam, Windows 10 & Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta): https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gears-tactics

eHeLLU5.jpg

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks really good. And it's out sooner than I thought.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Looks fantastic. Do kinda wish it was Halo Tactics instead however. Gears is probably more suited to Xcom, but I'm not particularly interested in the universe.

Hopefully they're wise enough to include mod support, as imo that's usually what separates good strategy games from timeless ones.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't this use to look worse graphically.? Now it looks like Gears 5 with a tactic interface which is pretty cool

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Oooh, if this is actually good... I just got burned out on Xcom2 but this genre is loads of fun. And JD looks majorly cute šŸ„°

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Been waiting for this forever since the announcement, can't wait. Looking well worth the wait.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem to be permadeath... probably for the best.
Wonder about that 40 hour length... It's going to be really hard to balance that difficulty and progression curve.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
The game looks way better than I initially thought it would be. The graphics are almost Gears 5 level.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
If you'd told me back at the 360's launch that XCOM would have enough of a resurgence that Microsoft would use this license to make a turn-based tactics copycat in 2019, I sure would not have believed you.

Oct 25, 2017
They're not holding back, this looks good.

My only negative, is that the fact that it looks like it has a campaign with a main character means we might not be seeing permadeath like X-Com?

Other than that I'm liking what I see.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Glad that at least it seems the reason they were so quiet on it since it's announcment a year ago is because they had some cool stuff planned. Considering how much of a mess Gears5 ended up being I'm going to cautiously wait until it comes out to see just how much live service they pump into the game, but it seems like good Xcom fun

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Then who is it? I know nothing about the story in these games, only played a bit of Gears 5.

Looked kinda like him? Or a young Marcus Fenix (that his correct name?) šŸ˜…

Some of the in-game animations look pretty stiff tho, hope it gets smoothed out
It seems to be all new characters, except for the main villain who is from the comics
Apparently it's Kait's dad actually.