• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Just ran into a glitch on act 3 chapter 4. Almost done with this bullshit mission - tried to bayo charge a kantus as sid and it used some bullshit ability to halt me before I could kill them. Now I can't move any of my units or end the turn - this game is hot garbage.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Holy hell this game is good.

It's basically an improved version of modern XCOM without base management.

I can't fucking believe how good it is.

Thank you BASED MS.

(and to think I overlooked it when it was first revealed ...)

Edit : So far performance mode is running flawlessly on X1X. And still looking great.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
There are some nasty bugs in there. Anyone know how to workaround a chainsaw soft lock?

Happened two times in a row now...

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Restarted a Jacked campaign, as I'd left my PC save alone for quite some time. Really glad I did: I'm playing on Experienced (think it was Intermediate before) and it's a lot of fun.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
The random CTDs when customizing characters is goddamn annoying.

Fun game though.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
lol the game even crashed the console.

Edit: Looks like it's not bricked at least 🤷‍♀️

Edit 2: Reproductible crash on cutscene 🤦‍♀️

How the fuck do I fix this ...

Last edited:

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
oh my god I just finished the Act 1 boss and could've used an action to Revive. I didn't realise ending the mission meant they were automatically KIA.

God damnit

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I'm in Act 3 now and really enjoy it as a newcomer to this genre but i hate how they force you to do the same side quests to unlock story progress. The game pads itself way too much.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Completed the main campaign. Will probably come back to play a bit of veteran missions.

Not sure of I feel about boss fights. They're a nice distraction during the main campaign, but are rather cookie cutter once you figure out their patterns, and are just gigantic bullet sponges in the end. At least the rest of the battle system is top fucking notch. Special mention to some rather hard situations due to some modifiers like party limitations which are still workable with the right mindset and some strategy planning.

Good game. Didn't really feel the burn at the end. I'm taking a small break for multiple reasons but I'll definitely play those veteran missions later (unless they end up bullshit hard).

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So I choose whatever was above normal since I love modern xcom and on the third mission where you finally get 4 team members, I hit a point where after the first wave, I was completely overwhelmed by a second wave of grunts with no time to prepare or reposition where I presume they expected me to handle that wave because how I tackled the first (all 3 grenades were on cooldown meaning I couldn't even plug the hole+ it starting immediately). It honestly made me question just restarting on normal. I guess I'm so use to xcom pods and taking it slow that it threw me off.

So my question is, about how far into the game does the upgrade/armor click in and you feel powerful? In xcom researching every new tier and unlocking each subsequent weapon type felt amazing and I'm wondering is there a taste of that in tactics within the mod system I saw? I guess the rpgness of these games is really what hooks me and I'm hoping there is plenty of meat on those bones for me here. Because if the player power curve is satisfying, I want to stick to above nor al if I know the effort is worth it (I'm ocd and basically restart if I lose anyone)

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Once you hit level 5 with characters you get the big abilities. This is around the end of Act 1/start of Act 2 if you use the same team often etc. My Scout can take out 5+ enemies in a turn if I play my cards right, no grenades needed, my main Heavy is a Maginot Line turret that self-heals and becomes a sniper if treated right. Chaining executions, buffs and reciprocal factors between, say, Supports and Scouts or Snipers becomes really satisfying imo.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Haven't had any glitches, on Act 2 Ch. 8 , and im freaking loving this game. Good little showcase for the SX. The game also just clearly has heart out into it. Its a very satisfying tactic game. Easily one of my favorites of the year.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I'm at Act 1, Chapter 6 and I'm loving it. My last tactics game was Mutant Year Zero and Gears Tactics is way more polished.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Started it and Gabe went down but can't figure out how to get Sid to revive him. The icons I saw on a YT help vid don't appear. Playing on Series X.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
There should be an option that appears on the right side of the action bar. If it's not there that's very odd, or is it scripted? I can't recall how the tutorial introduces reviving.

I am enjoying this a lot again. I don't mind the side missions as the combat is the meat of the game, love chaining things together.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still pretty early in the game (Act 1 chapter 5) and really loving this game. Glad I chose this as my "launch" game for the Series X. Resolution is nice and crisp and performance is buttery smooth. Fingers crossed, no crashes so far.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
One thing I wish is clear is knowing how much is left of the mission. I was in the last mission of Act 1 and thought that I am at the last part of the mission so I used a lot of the self reviving and other skills and didn't care if my heros are low in health. Later on there was an unexpected boss fight where I started with low health, no self reviving, and a lot of skills on cool down.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I got the same supreme equipment twice (no dupe glitch or whatever, just ended up earning the same equipment again on a different mission). I suppose it's a glitch right?

Oct 25, 2017
no iirc
but honestly when you "hire" new troops they come with equipment appropriate to their level
Yeah, that's a good point, thanks. I just hit Act 2, and aside from one unit, I only use hero characters on main missions. All the non-hero units are just for side missions, but I want to make sure I don't assign rare or better equipment to them.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone tried the Jacked campaign on Insane? I clocked the best game on experienced but this already feels impossible 3 missions in.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I'm at act 3, mission 4 (3 side missions) and the game is becoming repetitive. I consider the side missions as an unnecessary fillers. Is there a way to skip them?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm at act 3, mission 4 (3 side missions) and the game is becoming repetitive. I consider the side missions as an unnecessary fillers. Is there a way to skip them?

Side missions and filler is basically the biggest flaw in the game. It's severely lacking variety and there's about 5 times as many mandatory ones than there should be. It doesn't help help outside of the cutscene at the beginning there's hardly even anything to differentiate the main missions half the time.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I beat the game today (Jack and on normal difficulty) and then played one vetran mission after that. I can say that if you finish act 1 then you saw everything. The campaign is much longer than it should be imo.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife is tearing through this game and loving it, it's awesome to watch as she plays. Both of us are huge XCOM fans and needed to switch it up, and I just really dig the actual design of most of the enemies that don't wield guns 😂

We're both definitely starting with the option that adds supreme weapons and deviant enemies, it seems tantalizing. She enjoys the JACK thus far in Act 2 on side missions at the moment.

The kill animations are fucking wonderfully inspired LMAO

Tactics games 4 life!!!1

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
My wife is tearing through this game and loving it, it's awesome to watch as she plays. Both of us are huge XCOM fans and needed to switch it up, and I just really dig the actual design of most of the enemies that don't wield guns 😂

We're both definitely starting with the option that adds supreme weapons and deviant enemies, it seems tantalizing. She enjoys the JACK thus far in Act 2 on side missions at the moment.

The kill animations are fucking wonderfully inspired LMAO

Tactics games 4 life!!!1

agreed.

xcom2 and banner sagas are my favorite games from last gen

xcom2 is my favorite