• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I died in the part where the game introduces the e-hole, more specifically the second wave after the hole. Unless I missed something the game restarted me from the complete beginning the game, no checkpoint at all. That's lame. I was expecting to restart after the bank vault cutscene at least.
You do/can - you have to select the "continue from checkpoint" option. There is a checkpoint at the start of that part of the chapter, after the emerging from the bank cutscene.

i died on the e-hole too and re-started there.

For anyone starting out, play close attention to the "grenade the e-hole" prompts! You have infinite enemies if you don't grenade the e-hole....so make sure you grenade the e-hole!

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
You do/can - you have to select the "continue from checkpoint" option. There is a checkpoint at the start of that part of the chapter, after the emerging from the bank cutscene.

i died on the e-hole too and re-started there.

For anyone starting out, play close attention to the "grenade the e-hole" prompts! You have infinite enemies if you don't grenade the e-hole....so make sure you grenade the e-hole!
Weird must have missed it, thanks

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I played a bit of XCOM right before starting this and man is this game refreshing. I love the being able to move, shoot, and reload in one turn and the implementation of Overwatch feels more strategic.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This is easily the best looking game this year so far! The graphics are insane!

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the first misson or whatever, till the game title. Awesome so far, this one is gonna be a good one. I did die a lot though, playing on the easiest mode. Getting the hang of it though.
Can you repeat actions? Shoot three times, shoot-move-shoot, etc.
Yeah seems like it. You get three action points to do whatever you want. And you have 4 ammo till a reload.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Liking what I've played so far, just finished the mission where you get the two extra chars.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Are we having a PC specs thread?
Benmark has me overwhelmed but working well on my laptop connected to a 1440p 144hz monitor, think I'll keep these settings.

0mLC85c.png

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Still playing around with the settings and benchmark.
Not quite happy with the result on my Laptop so far.
The first test where I put everything on automatic was pretty good, ran 60fps and looked great, then I put everything on Ultra and slowly started to put things down and I don't know if it's the texture streaming or what but the textures load slow as hell in the benchmark, specially the floor, with manual settings. The Locust armor never look sharp and all characters have a weird motion blur effect (even after putting it on off, and I'm normally a massive fan of that) where all characters look like clay figures because they're the only motion blurred things on the screen.

Ah the fun of PC gaming I guess. 😅

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if there is an out of the box Mod Support for this game? Watching gameplay makes me realize this is a perfect Warhammer 40K game just waiting to be made. Squad of Astartes killing Orks and Tyranids, seems perfect for this game.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
The game runs great except when windows notification pops up and all hell breaks loose. The game hiccups and runs like a slideshow for a few seconds then back to normal. The game seems like a lot of fun. One tutorial pissed me off. It asked me to disabling shoots without explaining how. Apparently you have to switch to pistol and then the option becomes available.

Edit: I am still confused about this game HDR implementation. There is no option on the menus like with Gears 5. But the game is much brighter if I leave the HDR setting on in the windows display settings. Something I don't see with other games that don't have HDR. Weird.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there is an out of the box Mod Support for this game? Watching gameplay makes me realize this is a perfect Warhammer 40K game just waiting to be made. Squad of Astartes killing Orks and Tyranids, seems perfect for this game.
Official support? No. but there is nothing stopping anyone from doing anything.

Oct 25, 2017
My first impression is that it is at least competent. I feel like at least at the moment there is too much emphasis on overwatch and attack/move ranges are quite small, but I know that can change. Not a big fan of the whole opening chest thing for equipment, but probably not a deal breaker.

I should probably update my GPU but... the game is running fine.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: I am still confused about this game HDR implementation. There is no option on the menus like with Gears 5. But the game is much brighter if I leave the HDR setting on in the windows display settings. Something I don't see with other games that don't have HDR. Weird.
HDR settings are there. I overlooked them at first, too. Settings > Video > General

This is easily the best looking game this year so far! The graphics are insane!
That's very much a stretch. Though that's not to discredit the fact that the graphics are really good!

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
The game is really good they have a new way to explore this franchise there. I hope it sells well to have a sequence.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is happening with the steam reviews of this game???
Steam reviews aren't that reliable in the first few hours. Only people that will give a review are people that have technical issues and can't play.
Skimming the negative reviews it looks like some people are upset about aspects of the PC version, and not the game itself.
Nope not because tech issues(there are few negatives due to tech issues but not enough to change it overall).

It's due to Chinese bombing it again because they can't login.
steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Gears Tactics

Gears Tactics - Just UpdatedJack joins the fight – Gears of War’s signature companion bot, Jack joins Gabe and the heroes of Gears Tactics as a new playable character. In Gears Tactics, Jack changes the dynamic of the encounters, with 20+ new skills ranging from empowering auras to hijacking and...

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Nope not because tech issues(there are few negatives due to tech issues but not enough to change it overall).

It's due to Chinese bombing it again because they can't login.
steamcommunity.com

Steam Community :: Gears Tactics

Gears Tactics - Just UpdatedJack joins the fight – Gears of War’s signature companion bot, Jack joins Gabe and the heroes of Gears Tactics as a new playable character. In Gears Tactics, Jack changes the dynamic of the encounters, with 20+ new skills ranging from empowering auras to hijacking and...

Ooh, they can buy the game but not play? Weird.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Skimming the negative reviews it looks like some people are upset about aspects of the PC version, and not the game itself.
Lots of Chinese reviews complaining about signing into Xbox live. Not too surprising, that Xbox live login app on windows 10 is very unreliable in my experience.

State of decay 2 had similar reviews when it launched on Steam a month or so ago as well.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Not too sure I enjoy how almost every enemy I've come across is using overwatch. Disrupting OW has a fairly big cooldown. While I understand the importance of flanking, it sorely puts you out of position when you either kill the last guy or you move in an area that triggers another swarm of enemies.

And I can imagine that it'd get worse if there are objectives that require x amount of turns.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Only done the first mission but I like it a lot already. Very smooth and fast pace.
Wasn't a fan of gears 5 but these guys can put together a game that looks and runs good.

it's nice playing a game similar to XCOM without the jank.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh looks like you can't change difficulty after you start.

I don't want my ass handed to me but I want a challenge. Hard on the first XCOM remake was just a bit too much for me.

Is medium a total cakewalk?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Three missions in. Enjoying it so far. Lack of manual save is something I am not a fan off. Sometimes I just want to go and do other stuff mid confrontation. Is there a way to change recruits names?

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Wtf is happening with the steam reviews of this game???

a8WAuBa.png
Steam reviews happened.

In fairness to the review system, it is doing it's job.
I got screenshots slightly earlier. The majoirity of complaints stem largely from China. Looking regionally, it's not as bad:

unknown.png

unknown.png

If they cant play the game Steam Reviews is working as intended.

Precisely. Steam reviews gives you the data and context to make informed decisions.

Nekrono

May 17, 2018
Don't think there is a PC thread for this but anyone on PC with GSYNC don't use the resolution scaler, it breaks it.