• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
A few days ago Xbox Mexico sent me this awesome influencer kit which is simply fantastic and also before of that the review copy

I can't say anything about the game of course due to the NDA but I'm looking forward to see what everyone thinks when they play it

EWaXeSLXYAABrAl

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any reviews?

Edit: Just saw the above post.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
That PC Gamer video in the OP has me looking forward to this. Hoping for a more action oriented strategy like mario-rabbids or FE, rather than menu managing overhead of more complex strategy games.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Ready for some reviews to roll in soon. Some good rumblings so far. Preloaded and ready to try. Hope it runs on my Surface Pro 7 ><

Oct 29, 2017
The graphics on the trailers and production values look really great. So much so that I'm thinking of waiting until I have a better GPU to play this. I meet the recommended specs, but not the ideal ones.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
i7 6850K, GTX1070, BenQ PD2700U. Monitor is new, which I use it for video editing and CAD, but my desktop I haven't changed in 3 years+
Yeah a bit high res for modern games at a reasonable framerate on that 1070 :D
But still... check out the benches GPU coverage after it is out. Perhaps it runs at good looking settings at medium resolutions very well on the GTX 1070.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah a bit high res for modern games at a reasonable framerate on that 1070 :D
But still... check out the benches GPU coverage after it is out. Perhaps it runs at good looking settings at medium resolutions very well on the GTX 1070.
I'm so behind on my backlog that I usually ignore new games, but this and the new XCOM were both on my radar because of the genre. I'm not too worried about performance, just hate to miss out on high settings ( I played the new XCOM at 1440p).

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
this is one of the few games where i can play at 30 fsp and pump up graphic and resolution, i hope my 2070super is enough.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
How long is the game expected to be? I think I remember them saying something about 30 hours but that seems way too long.

25 hours on the middle difficulty according to this preview, but it'll naturally vary as it always does on how you play it:

www.gamespot.com

What You Need To Know About Gears Tactics, The New PC Strategy Game

Microsoft's popular shooter series extends to a new genre with Gears Tactics.

And as mentioned in the first post there's a Veteran endgame mode for those that want more + other difficulties. It sounds like a nice, meaty and microtransaction free single player only game :)

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Great work with the |OT|! XCOM provides you with immense depth in customization options and base building but all that micro-management stuff can tend to get very complex and nerve-racking.

But in Gears Tactics I like how the systems are being kept to a bare minimum and the focus is more on missions, kind of like Mutant Year Zero.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
As somebody who loves both Xcom and Gears I am very interested in this. I hope it turns out well.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
would people be interested in a separate review thread or are they gonna be posted in the OT? i can do a quick review thread if that's cool.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Have the game pre-loaded and hoping to finish Witcher 1 today so I can dive into Gears tomorrow!

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Make a separate thread. If it's good, the team and the game deserve it. More people will see the scores. But only make it when reviews start going out.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dear lord that OT title ☠️☠️

honestly don't know a ton about Tactics since I'm not really a strategy person. Will be interested in checking it out on Xbone eventually.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Yea, XCOM: Chimera isn't clicking for me. This looks pretty good, and I have some extra bucks lying around due to a work bonus. I know it's on Game Pass, but I'll buy it on Steam since I like everything in one place. Looking forward to going back to the Gears universe.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Gears Tactics | Review Thread

Metacritic (80) OpenCritic (83) Eurogamer (no score): Polygon (no score): Kotaku (no score): Rock, Paper, Shotgun (no score, video): Echo Boomer (no score, loved, review in Portuguese): Player 2 (B+): Expansive (no score, loved): CNN (no score): God is a Geek (10/10, video)...

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox UK tweeted that early access starts today, but I can't find confirmation of that anywhere else or what gives you early access or if that's also true for the US. Anyone know?

Edit: looking at the tweet again, I think they may just mean that they're streaming it a day early. That's... Not what early access means

Last edited: