• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT. I wish they had a cinematic mode in these types of games where once the scenario ends, you can watch the whole confrontation from a cinematic POV.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'd completely forgotten this was out on Tuesday, what a nice surprise.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot this was out so soon. Downloading on my laptop atm, can't wait.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT does Gears proud. Looking forward to Tuesday, shame about the 4pm unlock though, might do some work over the weekend so I can take advantage of flexitime Tuesday/Wednesday

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Nice OT. I wish they had a cinematic mode in these types of games where once the scenario ends, you can watch the whole confrontation from a cinematic POV.

That's a great idea. We've seen bits of this in online games: Overwatch, Bleeding Edge, MOBAs etc, no doubt others. But I'd love this. EU IV records a history of your realm, as though written by scribes/civil servants, but it's extremely limited and repetitive. Clever storytelling based on a 'read' of the game's scenario, either visually or in text for games like EU IV, would be superb.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone mind linking the refenrce for us saddos that don't get it?

I've completed gears 1, 2, 4 and 5 but don't recognise it ( I missed gears 3 when I was focussed on getting a wife and kids....should have stuck with 3!)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone mind linking the refenrce for us saddos that don't get it?

I've completed gears 1, 2, 4 and 5 but don't recognise it ( I missed gears 3 when I was focussed on getting a wife and kids....should have stuck with 3!)
Gears 4 had the famous 83% damage with the Gnasher. So its a fun play on that because these tactics games are all about percentages etc.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic work, Slicer

Didn't see this so I'll post it here

Tactics_PCSpecs.jpg
>different recommended specs for desktops and laptops
809bfbc3-bc7a-41b7-b68c-fa126a8896c1.jpg

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it a team of those 3 throughout, or will more characters join the party as the game progresses? (If we even know the answer yet)
We know the answer, and it's like X-com where you mostly build your squad out with random units you recruit, but you have those few hero units. I think the PC gamer vid said you lose if any of those 3 die, so maybe you wouldn't even bring them all? but I might be misremembering.

The skill trees for your units look ROBUST too.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Been meaning to fire up battletech earlier this month but decided to wait for this, just finished pre-loading on steam.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Hell yes. I would love to have a quick cut of all the times I miss at point blank range XD

Superhot had it (with an annoying VO thing) and I think that John Wick game has something at the end where it does something similar. But I haven't played that.

But yeah, that sounds like a fun idea.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
We know the answer, and it's like X-com where you mostly build your squad out with random units you recruit, but you have those few hero units. I think the PC gamer vid said you lose if any of those 3 die, so maybe you wouldn't even bring them all? but I might be misremembering.

The skill trees for your units look ROBUST too.
No, you have to bring the members that you have to bring for the story, and they have to survive. But the randos you recruit can be killed and stay dead. I think it's a reasonable and good mix. You're serving a set story, but you also have deep customization over your characters and their looks and their skills.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing the hell out of Mario+Rabbids. I want another tactics game to play that isn't XCOM. Hope it reviews well.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Down for the console version when it comes out. Haven't played too many of this type of game other than Mario + Rabbids, but I'm open to something deeper.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why did XCOM Chimera and this come out within days of one another? :( I still have to finish DOOM Eternal and start Half Life: Alyx, as well.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna day one this if the reviews are decent

need to support tactics games with AAA funding

TeaLeaf

Oct 11, 2018
Can we move to New Zealand for a day to be playing in 24 hours time for this like you can on console or is the 4pm GMT on Tuesday the worldwide launch?