• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah now I'm doubting it was, but I was definitely going on that assumption for months. Some of their messaging at those earlier events was confusing.
Oh well I'll just buy it.

I think you just got mixed up because it and the older games coming to Game Pass where all kind of announced around the same time period

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
If you like Gears and/or turn based tactics games play this. I've not beaten it but I think it's good.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Will this release physically?

I've never played a Gears game but I do like strategy games. Will 100% buy it if it's physical, will skip otherwise

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Baffling that their summer showcases were so poor given everything we're seeing today.

I want some behind the scenes info on that whole thing. The only logical explanation I can think of is that they honestly thought Halo Infinite would an absolute home run.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want some behind the scenes info on that whole thing. The only logical explanation I can think of is that they honestly thought Halo Infinite would an absolute home run.

My guess is they just completely misjudged the mood.

The first showcase being all CGI made the scrutiny of the second one much greater than it would have been already, and then when that was mostly CGI and Halo: Infinite failing to impress, the probably walked away wondering how that ended up going so badly.

I imagine a lot of the stuff they have announced today might not have been finalised then, but I'm sure one or two things could have been thrown in.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Nice, every console need games published by the platform holders imo at launch and after 343 dropped the ball, I'll take tactics and hopefully we get flight simulator aswell.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
I was hoping for Halo at launch but getting the next best thing! Can never get enough of my Gears :)

I was unsure if I was Day 1 before but now I'm all in. Can't wait to preorder!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's a great game. Unsurprisingly, Gears gameplay (hiding behind cover and shotgun/lancer/chainsaw weapons) translate perfectly to XCOM type tactics games.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
how demanding is this on PC? I'm curious to see how it runs on XSS vs XSX

edit: I've been wanting to try this out but I think it's too much for my 2017 MacBook Pro to handle in Bootcamp

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Hell yes. Wasteland has given me an itch for turn-based tactics that needs to be scratched.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
news.xbox.com

Gears Tactics has Gone Gold for Xbox Consoles - New Achievements Boost Gamerscore to 1400 - Xbox Wire

Today, The Coalition and Xbox are proud to announce that Gears Tactics for Xbox consoles has gone gold – a major milestone ahead of the launch of the title next month. This moment is significant for the game and for the launch of the title, as it means the final game disc has been released […]

GearsTactics_Wire_Oct_Disc_Final.jpg

Jul 10, 2020
news.xbox.com

Gears Tactics has Gone Gold for Xbox Consoles - New Achievements Boost Gamerscore to 1400 - Xbox Wire

Today, The Coalition and Xbox are proud to announce that Gears Tactics for Xbox consoles has gone gold – a major milestone ahead of the launch of the title next month. This moment is significant for the game and for the launch of the title, as it means the final game disc has been released […]
Okay, is that why I had a whole download last night?

Jul 10, 2020
Man.... I went halfsies with my folks for the Series X for Christmas. I was going to let them give it to me on XMAS, but I don't know if I can wait now.

Yakuza, Falconeer, Gears Tactics, Enhanced Games...

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
news.xbox.com

GearsTactics_Wire_Oct_Disc_Final.jpg
While I agree with the assessment at the top of the box, something about just the word "EXCELLENT" right above that dude's head is very funny to me.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like another launch game I'll be picking up, nice to see it's getting a physical release too.