• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
If I recall, Cliff Bleszinski said in like Gears 3 or something that he wanted women to be like the men (buff) and not ridiculous like in other games with missing armour. But I may be totally off base

He expressed confusion about the"dudebro" image as well. For whatever ideas he had about the franchise, they didn't align with most of what those games ended up being last gen. The only glimpse of that was the conclusion of G3, where some surprising emotion was demonstrated. Glad we're seeing broader ideas now.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the dafties on YouTube complaining about "Queers of War"

Good on The Coalition and MS. Given Sea of Thieves had something similar iirc, this seems to come from the top, which is good to see

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but if you look at Gears of War overall I felt like it generally did Representation a bit better in comparison to the games releasing around the same time.

Not perfect mind you, but generally better.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly impressed by how representative and inclusive this game is.

Not just the various flags (which is fantastic to see), but it has a South East Asian character, a female lead who is accompanied by a black side lead and the female lead actually had armour/clothing that makes sense and isn't skimpy for the some cheap titillation.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has any white gamer with a beard released a 30 minutes youtube essay explaining how sjw have destroyed gears of wars?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Rod "Mantini" Fergusson has long pushed back against things like outdated concepts of masculinity. I'm happy this is here but it's very on brand for him so I'm not that surprised.

But since I'm not a shotty worshipper I probably won't get MVP very often :p

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
That's pretty fucking cool of them, can't wait to see the "SJWs finally got to Gears" takes lol

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is amazing to see! It's really lovely to see representation for all faces of the LGBTQIA+ community. Like wow, Enby flag, intersex, agender, genderqueer. Well done Gears 5 team!!! 🙌🙌🙌

Can't wait for the dafties on YouTube complaining about "Queers of War"

I know what you meant by this with those daft pricks but this actually has a ring to it and I love it. Can you make clans in this game? Queers of War is an amazing clan name 👋

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Are we sure this isn't a clever strategy to draw so many tears out of haters that they turn into moaning pillars of human jerky?

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
That's pretty nice. I've been thinking of getting the game, and this just shot up the chances of me doing that significantly.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Hoping I can get an adult response here as i am genuinely curious...
Why does this matter in a video game?
You've already gotten plenty of responses but...

Why does anyone wear band t-shirts? Wear Harry Potter socks? Buy licensed lunch boxes? Use a Batman bag? Put flags on their car? Hell, put flags on their in game profiles when it's available?

And ultimately, why does it matter to you what other people like doing?

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I can only assume the 19 have meaning, because I'm only aware of rainbows and the rest just look like nice colours?! 😬

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gears 5 is seemingly one of the most inclusive games we've seen on so many levels. The amount of support the game offers is outstanding.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Stay hydrated out there folks, it's about to get mighty salty

I was interested to see what, if anything, was being said and there's surprisingly only one video where an asshole is complaining about being banned from Steam for talking (read: likely throwing around insults) about the flags.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I can already imagine the raging fury of the fragile right wing snowflakes going to social media and incoherently typing mumbling rants with "SJW" and "Woke" and "Broke" being part of their banal tirades.

I am more afraid for the gamers who use these flags online. I can only imagine the offensive language they will get slung at their heads.

Plum

May 31, 2018
To people asking for what these mean, here's a basic overview of the ones that I can find the meaning of:

1 - Abrosexual
2 - Agender
3 - Asexual (me!)
4 - Intersex
5 - Bisexual
6 - Grey Asexual/Demisexual
7 - Genderfluid/flexible
8 - Genderflux
9 - Genderqueer/Non-binary
10 - Intersex
11 - Lesbian
12 - Neutrois
13 - Non-Binary
14 - Pangender
15 - Pansexual
16 - Polysexual
17 - PoC-Inclusive LGBT Pride
18 - LGBT Pride
19 - Transgender

Also now that I think about it the lack of an Aromantic flag is a tad weird considering they included Grey Aces/Demisexuals.

Last edited:

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
To people asking for what these mean, here's a basic overview of the ones that I can find the meaning of:

1 - Abrosexual
2 - Agender
3 - Asexual (me!)
4 - Intersex
5 - Bisexual
6 - Grey Asexual/Demisexual
7 - Genderfluid/flexible
8 - Genderflux
9 - Genderqueer/Non-binary
10 - Intersex
11 - Lesbian
12 - Neutrois
13 - Non-Binary
14 - Pangender
15 - Pansexual
16 - Polysexual
17 - PoC-Inclusive LGBT Pride
18 - LGBT Pride
19 - Transgender

Also now that I think about it the lack of an Aromantic flag is a tad weird considering they included Grey Aces/Demisexuals.

Hmm and it doesn't have the one I fly under, it s a little niche, I recon. Still represented, although a lil generic.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
That's fantastic! Kudos to the Gears 5 team!

when you are the MVP on a versus match you get featured at the end with a flag in the back

giphy.gif

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
What a cool gesture.

I got MVP in almost every versus match I played during the tech test. I'll rep the flag for you.
Ill rep any of these for anyone
Is this a thing? I was wondering if it would be...I dunno...distasteful...? to fly a pride flag as a cis male.

If it's considered cool I'd rep just to trigger alt-rights in the off-chance I got MVP hah.