• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Arcade is weird, I get not wanting to do Gnasher starts but is it really Hammerburst start instead? Am I missing a load out option or something?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I can't play Arcade. It's just not Gears to me. No Gnasher to start with and the Lancers are ridiculously more powerful than they've ever been. I wouldn't even care if there was another option, but Ranked just doesn't work at all right now. Probably gonna have to wait until tomorrow to get a chance to play Ranked.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Regarding HDR, default contrast value is too high imo. Lowering it to 20-30 helped. Maybe it's my TV (Samsung mu 8000). Never encountered this problem before.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Arcade mode is less Gnasher centric, I think I might enjoy it more. Interested to try it.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get into a match from my PoS laptop and i have to say I'm surprised with how smooth the game runs all things considered. Will try it on the X as soon as I get home.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Not really feeling Arcade, feels kinda lifeless and not very tactful.

Waiting to get into a ranked match.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Man just had the worst death streak in as long as I can remember playing Gears. Straight scrub status in the casual mode lol.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Goodness gracious. Game runs very well on my PC and the gameplay just feels so tight. Gunplay feels great in general. I've never really played Gears MP but I am enjoying this way more than previous entries.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
I still can't get over how smooth the game is. Playing arcade against bots isn't fun at all but they're a good target practice at least

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this game feels SO good to play. I'm just frustrated that i'm getting so much bots on arcade, but when i don't, i'm loving the mode.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
For once I don't suck at Gears and got more kills than I died. Bless The Coalition for Arcade mode helping my scrub ass.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Visually this thing is amazing on the X.... so freaking clean... movement also so smooth... impressed so far.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
GT = Machkovech if anybody wants to connect for the tech test and OBTAIN HONOR. I'll be around intermittently this weekend.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish they got ranked working already. Arcade's a great warmup, but it's starting to turn into a snoozefest.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Super underwhelmed by arcade and I haven't been able to get into a single ranked match in the past twenty minutes. Game looks and plays great tho.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
well this just confirms my hatred of gears multiplayer. can't wait for the campaign!

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
I think I downloaded it from the windows store, but when I try to launch it windows tells me the game hasn't released yet? Kind of thrown off.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to tell whether the TTK is fast or if all the long-range weapons got a buff. The Enforcer is actually good.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, after like 5 or 6 hours, that's enough Arcade. Time to play something else while they get comp working.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't get into a game (PC). Just get kicked or removed due to my "connecting timing out" lol.

Latest AMD drivers also borked my performance in Forza Horizon 4 ... I'll wait til competitive/ranked is up and running.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Got to check it out tonight. Whatever was going on this afternoon seemed all but gone. Just took a while to get in a match but it is a tech test so to be expected.
First impression is it is Gears alright. Just looked a decent amount better and seemed to perform a decent amount better. Still has some janky ass animation though, but at this point in time I think it is supposed to be a trademark of the series or something.
I was also reminded it is the same MP game I pretty much stopped playing after Gears 2 because it just turned into something that was not enjoyable to play. Maybe it was the game itself or maybe it was me. I just lost interest in playing it for any extended amount of time since 2.
Although I do not see this latest version changing my mind, I will probably play the MP more than I ever have as I want to take full advantage of Game Pass.
Definitely looking forward to checking out the Campaign though. If the MP looks this much better it stands to reason the campaign will look even that much better.