• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like this will do wonders for them for a fast response for the launch of the game and handling the load then.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
trying to decide if I should restart the game to get this queue time moving. been stuck at 42min for a while now.

edit: wondering if it's the European players that are getting in and NA is the issue.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Well the queue refuses to advance at all so I guess I'm going to play something else for a bit.

It's one thing to sit in a queue that actually progresses, it's another to just sit there and stare at zero progress.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
source.gif
That's adorable.

If anyone wanna squad up a 4gotenWarrior is my tag
I'd add you but I forgot your tag. 🤔

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The Gnasher feels so good. Night and day difference in terms of consistency. It has less range tho then Gears 4.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Was fortunate to play KotH and now the search is working perfectly for me. That's Gears game alright. Loving the smoothness and hitmarkers more than anything

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Over 60 minutes past, queue still at 54 minutes.

You know, maybe not do a time queue if it's fake? How about that?

Why not a simple player queue if it's based on letting people in anyway?

Jun 10, 2018
The queue just does not progress. Sitting at a 51 minute queue for over 50 minutes.

People who got in before are playing no prob. People in queue are stuck in queue that doesn't seem to be moving.
I was in, but got kicked for inactivity when I wasn't inactive. I was searching for a KOTH match for 8 minutes. The whole time I was rotating the right stick (which turns your character). This seems to be a common problem as there a tons of people reporting the same issue of getting kicked for inactivity when they were going through menus or customizing stuff.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The queue doesn't move in the slightest. Restarting the game after a while only puts you even further behind to yet another queue that never progresses. Giving up for tonight, this was a waste of 2 hours :\

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
People are surprised they're stuck in an alpha-queue within the first few hours of a massively popular game???

I'm absolutely shocked.

Ya'll know it runs for a few days, right? It's open to all gamepass members. Literally hundreds of thousands of players probably. One of the easier alphas to have access to.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Got home from work early.
2h37m wait in queue.

i get its a tech test, but why hold players out? Let us push the servers

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, a queue showing 50 minutes isn't going to just let you in after 50 minutes pass, it'll show the time decreasing as it gets closer. Seems like it's just borked for now, better off just waiting until they communicate progress on it/see more posts of people getting in.

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
That's weird that you say that cus someone had that tweet showing it 3 shot down a guy in 5 at a distance that took 6ish shots in 4.

There's two more pellets in the Gnasher spread in 5, which makes the gun more consistent if you hit the middle of the shot. But the actual gib range is shorter than Gears 4 Core and longer than Comp.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's two more pellets in the Gnasher spread in 5, which makes the gun more consistent if you hit the middle of the shot. But the actual gib range is shorter than Gears 4 Core and longer than Comp.
Thanks, that's good to know. I mainly 2v2 Gnash in Gears 4 it's nice to know it's more consistent and a bit longer range for me.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the only thing I can think of is they're caught off guard by how many people are coming from gamepass.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
As soon as the gate slammed down in the BootCamp and i got control of Del i was right away, blown away, immediate smile. The Game feels awesome to play. The movement pad is more nuanced than Four, less stiffness. More options. The Guns are Stellar. They spark and chew and pack a wallop. Everything feels tuned superbly. I'm loving all the little tweaks and changes.

After the 30fps opener, and a modest wait, i'm into the main dish and the 60fps multiplayer is rich, creamy butter. There's a section in the first map that is drenched in bold room filling yellow light. There's also some elevation changes where you get to peer down, and contemplate strategy.

Happy Camper.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the only thing I can think of is they're caught off guard by how many people are coming from gamepass.

Quite a mistake if that's the case considering this is a first party Microsoft game. They can tell exactly how many people downloaded and installed the technical test before launch, unless an insane amount of people downloaded it after the test started it seems like they had the data to approximate the amount of players coming in. And this is just Friday, it will obviously be worse on Sunday.

May 3, 2018
I played one (1) match before the server kicks me out and, after reading all your replies, I kinda feel lucky
It was fun though

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I knew people would be impressed with the training grounds map. Wait till you see some of the other areas.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Man, people on the subreddit for Gears really have a hard time understanding the concept of a TECH test.

Preach, my man
Let people test the tech. Otherwise dont give this out with gamepass, shouldve made it more closed off or open it completely.

Meanwhile, every Twitch streamer is playing that wants to.