• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Just skimming through the video real fast but it looks a LOT like GOW4. Can't see much improvements myself but I'd have to take a deeper dive into watching.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can we get a summary?
- Impressive and very clean output at solid 60fps.
- PC-Version at Ultra obviously the best version with some graphical effects added like better reflections, all-in-all close to the X version though
- Impressive motion blur in Boot Camp

That's the short version of watching just a few random mins ;)

Last edited:

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I just pray they fix the issue with 10 series nvidia cards. I'll accept it for next weekend but I am truly worried it will be present in the final release too. They never managed/bothered to fix the exact issue with Gears 4. It may push me to consider something stupid like a 2080TI.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
I just pray they fix the issue with 10 series nvidia cards. I'll accept it for next weekend but I am truly worried it will be present in the final release too. They never managed/bothered to fix the exact issue with Gears 4. It may push me to consider something stupid like a 2080TI.

0 issues, played 10 hours with my GTX 1080.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

What issue? Seriously never heard of one and I've been playing Gears 4 with my 1080 without issue for over a year.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Easily one of the best graphics my X ever displayed. The campaign's gonna be gorgeous.

Yeah but that's the thing, for the first time with Gears the campaign will also be 60fps, plus the locations will be bigger and more open than ever before. And that's with a rather shitty ass CPU. Can we really expect the E3 2018 visuals?

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
What issue? Seriously never heard of one and I've been playing Gears 4 with my 1080 without issue for over a year.

0 issues, played 10 hours with my GTX 1080.

I have a 1080TI - for me the issue only occurs when also streaming with OBS (doesn't matter if I use x264 or NVENC encoding), but if you look around freezing on 10xx cards is quite a common issue. Completely crashes the PC. It's definitely related to Gears and Nvidia cards as my PC never crashes even when streaming the most resource hungry games.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just skimming through the video real fast but it looks a LOT like GOW4. Can't see much improvements myself but I'd have to take a deeper dive into watching.

In this very video he switched from the tech test to Gears 4 at about 3:50 in the video.
Nostalgia eyes always make people forget what games looked like when new versions come out.
Its like people who think the Gears 3 maps in Gears 4 look the same....until you actually look at the maps in Gears 3.
Its effectively the same thing happening here...lucky the video does switch between the two games so youll see there are clear clear improvements graphically.

As for gameplay, youll only be able to tell from actually playing Gears 5 the tech test has been going for two weekend, you should have been able to do a compare and contrast.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I've been really impressed with the stability/performance on both my desktop's GTX 1070 and my laptop's RTX 2060. They've done a great job with general render streamlining, with how effortless the game feals. The benchmark tool is excellent as always.

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
In this very video he switched from the tech test to Gears 4 at about 3:50 in the video.
Nostalgia eyes always make people forget what games looked like when new versions come out.
Its like people who think the Gears 3 maps in Gears 4 look the same....until you actually look at the maps in Gears 3.
Its effectively the same thing happening here...lucky the video does switch between the two games so youll see there are clear clear improvements graphically.

As for gameplay, youll only be able to tell from actually playing Gears 5 the tech test has been going for two weekend, you should have been able to do a compare and contrast.

Tbf that's footage from the Gears 4 beta which looked much worse than the final game

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Tbf that's footage from the Gears 4 beta which looked much worse than the final game

Between Beta and Final there usually is an improvement in visuals.
Cept when the "Beta" is like 3 weeks from release. *stares at Anthem*
So I expect Gears 5 to improve further by September....I mean it already looks spectacular and even in Side-by-Sides of Final Gears 4 vs Tech Test Gears 5 you can see Gears 5 is an improvement.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the Benchmark at Ultra settings I get 60fps at 1080p, 40fps at 1440p and 30fps at 2160p on an old 4 core i5 CPU and an RTX 2070.

The game is very, very GPU dependant.

Very pretty game.

It's an amazing achievement that they can go for 2160p/30fps or 1080p/60fps on an XB1X considering it's price! 1080p/30fps on a standard XB1 is also an incredible achievement on a 1.3tflop GPU.

UE4 is an amazing engine.