• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you expect?

• 96-100

Votes: 43 2.6%
  • 91-95

Votes: 425 26.1%
  • 86-90

Votes: 725 44.5%
  • 81-85

Votes: 347 21.3%
  • 76-80

Votes: 63 3.9%
  • > 75

Votes: 28 1.7%

• Total voters

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Previews make it seem like its better than 4, which has an 84 on MC. I'm going to guess 86.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the EZA pod but they do not give a fuck about Gears at all. None of them. It was very evident in their coverage of the Gamescom pressers. I was incredibly hyped after the Gears trailers and they didn't spend even a full minute talking about the game. They were actually kind of shitting on the game during the live stream. To each, their own, I suppose.

You can tell when they are completely uninterested in the game they are talking about but feel like they have to cover it out of necessity. Gears 5 has felt like that every time they bring it up.

A bunch of them like Gears quite a bit (Brad and Huber I believe really enoyed Gears 4 in coop).

But the Gamescom stuff wasn't very interesting? Nor the E3 stuff. It's hard to get excited when the marketing material isn't very exciting to begin with.

I'm looking forward to Gears 5 now since the previews came out and have been glowing, especially with regards to the changes. But prior to the previews, I had written the game off due to how abysmal the marketing was and how they weren't really communicating the stuff that I'm now interested in.

I suspect that's the case for quite a few people.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
A bunch of them like Gears quite a bit (Brad and Huber I believe really enoyed Gears 4 in coop).

But the Gamescom stuff wasn't very interesting? Nor the E3 stuff. It's hard to get excited when the marketing material isn't very exciting to begin with.

I'm looking forward to Gears 5 now since the previews came out and have been glowing, especially with regards to the changes. But prior to the previews, I had written the game off due to how abysmal the marketing was and how they weren't really communicating the stuff that I'm now interested in.

I suspect that's the case for quite a few people.
I disagree that it was uninteresting content. I also disagree that the marketing has been poor. But, that doesn't mean your opinion isn't shared by the EZA crew, so I don't see a point in arguing that. You might very well be right.

I do love the EZA pod, and only got into it at E3 this year, so my time with them has been short.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess 88.

I love the EZA pod but they do not give a fuck about Gears at all. None of them. It was very evident in their coverage of the Gamescom pressers. I was incredibly hyped after the Gears trailers and they didn't spend even a full minute talking about the game. They were actually kind of shitting on the game during the live stream. To each, their own, I suppose.

You can tell when they are completely uninterested in the game they are talking about but feel like they have to cover it out of necessity. Gears 5 has felt like that every time they bring it up.
The marketing for the game has been terrible at the major events. I can't really blame them for not being that interested by what we've seen at trade shows. It seems like the good previews have only been shown through more low key avenues.

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree that it was uninteresting content. I also disagree that the marketing has been poor. But, that doesn't mean your opinion isn't shared by the EZA crew, so I don't see a point in arguing that. You might very well be right.

I do love the EZA pod, and only got into it at E3 this year, so my time with them has been short.

I don't mean to suggest that the marketing as a whole as been bad if you're a Gears fan, but I think (personally speaking), if you are someone that enjoyed Gears at one point, but haven't been too terribly invested in the series recently, the marketing hasn't done a good job of selling the "difference" at least until the previews. But yea, ultimately it is subjective.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Is it of Kait with the red thing underneath her?

After watching more footage, I'm going to settle at 88. 90+ isn't as easy to achieve as it once was, there haven't been many games to cross that 90+ threshold this gen, whether that's because of higher standards/expectations or increasing budgets meaning everyone plays it safe is anyone's guess.

Billboard = Painted on wall, lol.

Panoramic view of it all. It's in the top left.

20190903-095302.jpg

My view from my window

20190903-095955.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be between 84-87. That's a Gears of War range right there. I always get it right as well, so take my prediction with a rock of crack.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
User banned (1 month): trolling over a series of posts, similar infractions
Yeah seems like EZA didn't like the game as much!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah seems like EZA didn't like the game as much!

To be fair, with them almost any xbox exclusive barring the more art house affairs such as ori and the blind forest, are going to have an uphill battle simply due to most of that teams prefferances (japanese, single player, ect) so most of those guys are on playstation and switch id assume.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I saw a bit from the game yesterday on Twitch and I think it could easily be in the 90s if the combat encounters feel fresh throughout the game. Hopefully the enemy variety and weapons keep things interesting and not monotone after a while, the ending of the act 2/chapter 1 video the Xbox YT channel uploaded has some great gameplay potential.