• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not seeing it.

Especially in that 2nd shot... that one to me looks kinda bad to me.
First shot just has some god rays which... I mean.... it's been done to that quality already (if not better).

I dunno. Looks ok.
I think when you take into account its running 60 fps 4k on a console and looks like this , its pretty impressive .

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
Shame, this could have been the game to finally get me to bite on Gamepass PC.

Doesn't seem like it's anything exceptional though. When I have so many other acclaimed games to play can't justify giving up time for this.
Lol ok. If you have so many great games to play, why are you wasting your time in a thread about a game you have interest in? Your time is precious! Hurry and get to those other games lol

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
So a game needs to have perfect scores to be worth spending $1 to see if you like it yourself?

Don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls

Not necessarily, but it at least needs to be on par with the rest of those games.

The truth is unless it really is an exceptional game it won't be able to pull me away from my multiplayer sessions.

But sure keep calling me a troll if it helps you to hide from any dissenting opinions.

No you dont. You're dicking around on here making sure everyone knows you dont have gamepass. If you valued your time you wouldn't be wasting it on this thread lol

Troll harder.

Yes because I'm travelling at the moment lol

MeBecomingI

Oct 27, 2017
Scores are very good and the game is averaging an 85 / 86... that's pretty fucking fantastic.

I'm super excited for this. My brother and I have been clamoring for a new co-op game and we really enjoyed Gears 4.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably play this down the line, I hope the co-op campaign is fun since that's all I'll be partaking in. Being better than Gears 4 would be fine with me.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
I value my time more, and that's why Gamepass is worthless to me.

You could give it to me for free but then what.. I don't have time to play it cos I have a bunch of 90+ rated games in waiting and MP games to play with my friends.
I'm not taking sides here but I'd like to know some of these 90+ games. I might play some myself. I'm interested in what you have to offer.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
WTF is going on here? it scored 86 it's a good score, nothing exceptional yes but that doesn't mean it's bad lol, you people don't play anything with less than 90 meta?

whatever it's funny watching fanboys fight it feel like i'm in 2006 - 2009 or something lol

i'm sure it's gonna be a shitshow too if Death Stranding scored badly

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Just upgraded to Gamepass Ultimate on PC (for just £2) to play this early. Those reviews have my hyped. As long term fan of the series without an Xbox this gen I'm eternally grateful to MS for launching their first party line up on PC. I'm a little dissapointed to hear the open world middle act seems to be a bit barren content wise but otherwise this sounds like one of the best campaigns yet. Also from the time I spent with the multiplayer beta I can tell this is a game I'll be playing all winter long. Bring it on!

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
WTF is going on here? it scored 86 it's a good score, nothing exceptional yes but that doesn't mean it's bad lol, you people don't play anything with less than 90 meta?

whatever it's funny watching fanboys fight it feel like i'm in 2006 - 2009 or something lol

My favourite is the posts that are like "welp looks like this is nothing exceptional, too many other critically acclaimed masterpieces to play" despite the fact that this has 90%+ critical acclaim.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
My favourite is the posts that are like "welp looks like this is nothing exceptional, too many other critically acclaimed masterpieces to play" despite the fact that this has 90%+ critical acclaim.

For real. If so many people have all these critically acclaimed games to play and don't have time for anything less then why are they in a review thread for a game they're trying so hard to tell us they don't have time for? It's utterly embarrassing to be honest.

jobbe1978

Jan 18, 2018
Italy
User banned (1 day): Personal attack on another member
It is baffling to me how anyone could play these massive open world levels with absolutely nothing in them and then think this is the best Gears of War game.

Jesus Christ your haircut is horrible and you look like a wannabe Ricky Gervais.

anyway, your comment made me laugh so instead of reviewing videogames you could have a career as a comedian.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not necessarily, but it at least needs to be on par with the rest of those games.

The truth is unless it really is an exceptional game it won't be able to pull me away from my multiplayer sessions.

What's your psn id? Cause I'm willing to bet you have a lot of games with trophies earned that dont fit into your highly exclusive bubble.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
It is baffling to me how anyone could play these massive open world levels with absolutely nothing in them and then think this is the best Gears of War game.
There are no open world levels. There's open world hubs that you can choose to explore or ignore on your way to missions or side missions, and while they're not populated with enemies and wildlife they also don't have 'absolutely nothing in them' so...

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Checking twitter why there are people think there thread bloodbath here right now lol?
I mean yeah it's bloodbath in first few page due to 83 metascore at the start but most if not all people goes calm(or leave the thread) when it went up to 85.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I don't think so. He is claiming Gears 5 does not meet his criteria as being worth his time. Yet I'd be willing to bet he has played and enjoyed quite a few games that fit outside this "if it's not 90+ its skippable" rule.

If what I assuming is true then he's just spouting bullshit to dog pile on a game under the pretense that it's not good enough for him.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Looking through all the reviews again, this is really pretty great scoring overall.

- 6th game in the series
- 5 modes
- Narrative Singleplayer
- Polished and tuned gameplay
- Amazing graphics
- 60fps on all the newest hardware (60fps ++ on PC)

86 Meta for a 6th game in a series like this seems great. Also, there isn't any other exclusive game like Gears with this much to offer on any other platform.

Looking forward to co-op-ing the story with a couple friends and then Hording it up with 2 extra friends. Going to be a blast!

Jun 4, 2018
I should have put a prediction down, because 86 is exactly what I was expecting; a step up from Gears 4, but not some massive leap forward. Don't know when I'll get around to playing it but hopefully soon.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

TJa9x3t.jpg

So if like, 3 other people gave the game a 100 score would you play it? You baffle me and it's embarrassingly pretentious to base your like of video games on reviews (especially when Its well received but meh 4 more numbers would definitely make it great /s). So is spiderman not worth you time? Is fallout new vegas not worth any of your time? I gaurentee youve enjoyed a plethora of games with worse metacritic scores than 86. You are very obviously a troll. Lol

I know right?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Checking twitter why there are people think there thread bloodbath here right now lol?
I mean yeah it's bloodbath in first few page due to 83 metascore at the start but most if not all people goes calm(or leave the thread) when it went up to 85.
60 more reviews are yet to come. This thread can go either way lol.

OT
Great reviews.gonna play it soon. Anything above 80 in meta is good in my opinion

Deleted member 17289

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. He is claiming Gears 5 does not meet his criteria as being worth his time. Yet I'd be willing to bet he has played and enjoyed quite a few games that fit outside this "if it's not 90+ its skippable" rule.

If what I assuming is true then he's just spouting bullshit to dog pile on a game under the pretense that it's not good enough for him.
And yet you reply with an answer that makes you look even worse, if you can't accept someone does not like a game you do do not engage into pointless confrontations.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Looking through all the reviews again, this is really pretty great scoring overall.

- 6th game in the series
- 5 modes
- Narrative Singleplayer
- Amazing graphics

86 Meta for a 6th game in a series like this seems great. Also, there isn't any other exclusive game like Gears with this much to offer on any other platform.

Looking forward to co-op-ing the story with a couple friends and then Hording it up with 2 extra friends. Going to be a blast!

Not until Infinite anyway. (in terms of an exclusive offering this much content)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

- 6th game in the series
- 5 modes
- Narrative Singleplayer
- Amazing graphics

Coop online and offline. Up to 3 players so underrated atm and almost taken for granted with Gears in a time where splitscreen is dying.
Dont think they get enough of recognition for it.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
And yet you reply with an answer that makes you look even worse, if you can't accept someone does not like a game you do do not engage into pointless confrontations.

I have NO issue with someone not liking a game, I didn't make nor do I own stock so I have zero personal gain from an individual liking/disliking a game.

It is annoying though when people purposely shit up a thread with pretentious notions cause all it does is derail any actual conversation. That isn't exclusive to this thread, it happens far too often, maybe if people would own up to it or get exposed we would have less of it.

Or maybe not and I'm being delusional, it's not that big a deal and I'll move on.

paradox85

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Great scores and reviews!

Wasn't that much of a Gears 4 fan, but gonna give this a chance, because a) it's on game pass b) it actually seems more interesting, with new gameplay elements (open world, vehicles etc.). Hopefully it will be an entertaining ride!

Hurting Bomb

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't read all this thread and others may have pointed this out, but....

86 Metacritic (Gears 5) = shit.
87 Metacritic (Spiderman) = amazing

I think that's the gist of it......

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017

The Death Stranding thread will be an abomination due to console warring. Just like the Crackdown 3 and Days Gone threads before it. This one is rather tame in comparison. I don't think there's even been a mod warning post yet lol. Lets hope it stays that way.