• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the ranked points changes for solo players. Tired of being at the top of the board for a trash team, playing a full 30 Mins knowing you Gon lose points. Also the giving us points when people quit. Sure seems like they nerfing the fuck out of everything but the gnasher tho

"
  • Top Player Bonus: The top player on both teams will receive a 250 GP bonus at the end of each match.
  • Match Win Bonus: All players on the winning team will now be awarded 500 GP.
  • Round Win Bonus: For each round a player wins in a best of three game type they will be awarded an additional 500 points per round win. For each round a player wins in a best of 13 game type (e.g. 2v2) they will be awarded an additional 150 points per round win.
  • Solo Player Bonus: Players that solo queue will be awarded a bonus of 15% of the GP they earned in the match regardless of the match result

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Going to be interesting to see the impact 4v4 has on KOTH. No joke gears 5 was insanely fast for me at start I've gotten used to it but I think the extra player makes a big difference to the pace.

They still don't understand the quitters penalty. Fam abandoning ranked games if there is a quitter on your team is standard why are they forcing the players left in the game to stick it out. Do they not realise they are putting solos against 5 stacks and these fuckers aren't doing the objective they're just farming kills. It's so annoying.

Pls for the next patch stop stacks going up against solos, duos, or trios. If you're a 5 stack you play against a stack or a team significantly higher ranked than you.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
If you're a 5 stack you play against a stack or a team significantly higher ranked than you.

i think it's a population issue. the Rank spread is so wide here it's bringing in players + or - 2 Ranks away. having to try to match a 5 vs another 5 might be impossible if they're already doing that.

as a Gold you can play with Bronze, Silver, Gold, Onyx, and Diamond. that's basically the entire population and we're still not seeing even matchups in terms of stacks.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
i think it's a population issue. the Rank spread is so wide here it's bringing in players + or - 2 Ranks away. having to try to match a 5 vs another 5 might be impossible if they're already doing that.

as a Gold you can play with Bronze, Silver, Gold, Onyx, and Diamond. that's basically the entire population and we're still not seeing even matchups in terms of stacks.
I know this is true overall but I would bet it's mainly the 5 stacks who will have a hard time finding a game if matchmaking is stricter. I say ignore them, there is nothing worse then waiting in the loading screen and the letters by their names pop in that you're playing a stack. It's almost always a loss.

I also know there are solo sweaty bummers who after one good game will stack up together because they know they are going to play against solos so they can easily rank up. If the game was more strict in its matchmaking those guys wouldn't be stacking up because they would go up against similar or real stacks.

My solution is put the stacks against at least 1 rank higher than them never equal or against lower ranked players.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
there's a Dev stream today at 3:00PM PST so maybe we'll get some more info/insight as to why these changes happened.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I didn't watch the stream but I'm shocked they're already pulling the plug on Gridiron. It seemed like a good evolution of single life modes for Gears.
I saw a bit of it. They basically said that single life modes aren't popular. Going back to Gears 4, they said that they've always been the lowest populated playlists.

I'm surprised that there's not even a social playlist for it, though. I guess people actually play arcade?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I saw a bit of it. They basically said that single life modes aren't popular. Going back to Gears 4, they said that they've always been the lowest populated playlists.

I'm surprised that there's not even a social playlist for it, though. I guess people actually play arcade?

In terms of Arcade my assumption is just that they can't remove it completely due to all the achievements and what not tied to it.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Lambent characters won't be available until later in Op 5.

Also, there's three WWE wrestlers as characters in the select screen. Why do they keep doing this instead of giving people characters they want?

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Does the Tour of Duty seem very sparse in content?
From what I can tell, yeah. There's a handful of character skins, three weapon skin sets, a couple expressions, a couple marks, but it's mostly coins again.

As of right now, Tai, Anya, Dizzy and Skorge are all only purchasable with iron. Only Tai has a skin that's obtainable in the tour, so everybody else has to be purchased.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me here? For the life of me, I can't get this game to save my character customization choices. I go to the character customization menu, click A a million times on the person I want to be, and no matter what... I'm Gilded Kait. It's been like this for ages. What am I doing wrong???

I purchased Dizzy and want to be him damnit lol.

Figured it out nvm. Having to go all the way into a MP playlist to select it... unreal, lol.

Last edited:

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Does Gear 5 (on steam) have the option like MCC where you can part install / uninstall parts of the game? I played the campaign on game pass, but would like to play just the MP from time to time. I was gifted a steam code ages ago but cba to install a massive game again in full.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Why does TC not make the daily challenge for horde the new maps? It's just little things like this that I can fathom the reason behind

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone aware of an audio glitch on Series X? Where you would not hear anything at all, like you have the game on mute? It's very annoying and ruins the game for me.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
group went back to Gears 4, we can't stand KOTH anymore. got a TDM match quickly, 5 friends, had fun.

these idiotic decisions in 5 are driving away players

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I started the campaign on this recently and seemingly lost a bunch of progress after exiting a chapter via the menu... Is there supposed to be a specific way to quit the campaign to get progress to save correctly? I was playing solo (and offline I think).

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Halp. I'm in a desert and the map only shows secondary objectives. Do I have to complete them to progress?

edit: I ran into the plane's spinning blades in frustration and upon respawning it showed an objective marker for about a second on the skiff. Blink and you'll miss it! This game..

Last edited:

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Halp. I'm in a desert and the map only shows secondary objectives. Do I have to complete them to progress?

edit: I ran into the plane's spinning blades in frustration and upon respawning it showed an objective marker for about a second on the skiff. Blink and you'll miss it! This game..

The campaign has a lot of bugginess compared to what I'd expect from a 1st party AAA game. I had to force restart or fall on grenades several times throughout the campaign. Act 2 was the biggest offender though.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just recently got to Diamond in KOTH, mostly solo. Its actually a viable path with the recent changes. They give you points for winning per round, 15% points for being a solo player, and points for being the top player on the scoreboard, so that mitigates some of the randoms you play with.

I'm also digging the 4v4 change, even though I was skeptical of it. It makes every induvial play matter that much more. I mean you get a double kill, you just wiped half the team. If you kill one person one a squad holding the point, you can rush in a bit better knowing there can't be up to FOUR lancers hitting you. It makes solo skillful play a bit more manageable, with one less person you can carry a bit more. I think its made the game more competitive, less chaotic.

edit: Also I love the new maps Nexus and Regency. I think they may two of the best maps they've made for Gears 5. Never cared for River, I never vote for it. Clocktower has always been one of my favorites, glad its back. Gridlock is Gridlock, never had strong opinions about it one way or another.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
La Résistance Country
Man this game has some annoying bugs. Currently playing the campaign online in coop mode on my Series X. My (southpaw) controls settings would sometimes revert to default between chapters and checkpoints. Must head back into the menus then exit anytime that happens to fix it. Same with the difficulty level. Booting the game every single time resets it back to intermediate even though I set it to insane.

And last night upon resuming my game, which was running perfectly fine earlier in the afternoon, there was no in-game sound except for a few in-game notifications. Both from my headset and my home theater setup. Spent over half an hour rebooting the game and console, dug into the system menu, the Dolby app, looked everywhere online trying to figure out the origin of this glitch with no luck. So I ended up resuming my play through with no sound until the next available checkpoint. Rebooted the game once more and voilà, the sound finally came back to normal.

My friend apparently has faced none of these issues on his One X. So I don't know if that's specific to the Series X version.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Noob question, but how do you pass a heavy weapon through a cover? I know that you can't move over a cover while carrying it but I have seen people mounting it over it and then dropping it on top so you can pick it up on the other side

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Noob question, but how do you pass a heavy weapon through a cover? I know that you can't move over a cover while carrying it but I have seen people mounting it over it and then dropping it on top so you can pick it up on the other side
Try looking up at a 45 degree angle when you drop it.

(Hold left or right on the dpad to drop)

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey, just started playing Gears 5 after a looooong break from the series. I'm trying to unlock the bloody lancer but can't for the life of me figure out how to find Classic Horde. Can someone tell me how to find it?

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, just started playing Gears 5 after a looooong break from the series. I'm trying to unlock the bloody lancer but can't for the life of me figure out how to find Classic Horde. Can someone tell me how to find it?

It was a timed event, is no longer be avaliable, now there is a christmas themed marcus skin to unlock that should dissapear sooner so I would try to get that

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh bummer. Wonder why the quest for it wasn't removed? I actually got the Marcus skin already but thank you.

I guess that they didnt wanted to remove the other 3 medals that you could get in any mode and still give stars.

Or best case scenario they feature classic horde again before the end of the operatiom