• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Are they setting the series up to go back to 4v4? They changed TDM to 4v4, and now they're testing 4v4 KOTH.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they setting the series up to go back to 4v4? They changed TDM to 4v4, and now they're testing 4v4 KOTH.
I'm not against that honestly. 5v5 is fast paced with a lot of kills, but it's very hectic and it's one more Lancer crossing that makes set ups harder to break. 4v4 would make every kill count a little more, give you more of a breather and maybe balance the scales a bit.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
yes it seems like a change they're pushing and once TDM and KOTH move to 4v4 the rest ofd the game can follow.

it's regressive and my only conclusion is that their netcode can't handle 5v5. that or the low population is easier to handle with 2 less player per match.

if 5v5 was an issue why wasn't this ever changed in the 10 years between Gears1 and today?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm glad they're attempting to fine tune the Gnasher. It's only taken 6 games but we're finally getting there.

Also I played a little bit of 4v4 TDM and thought it played well so I'm not against them trying it out with other modes. Though KotH is more likely to benefit from the chaos of 5v5 I think.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gears 4 had the best MP and balance hands down.

Ranked KOTH was the GOAT and I will never forget those days.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
For the love of God put the 5 stacks with the 5 stacks. This shit was figured out 20 yrs ago. If your games population shit then fuck the 5 stacks not the larger solo population.

If you must put the 5 stacks somewhere then let them play solos at least 1 level above then that might even the odds.

This shit annoying I'm guessing the 5 stacks are searching for an hour because when they get in a game they enjoy not ending it and just farming.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the love of God put the 5 stacks with the 5 stacks. This shit was figured out 20 yrs ago. If your games population shit then fuck the 5 stacks not the larger solo population.

If you must put the 5 stacks somewhere then let them play solos at least 1 level above then that might even the odds.

This shit annoying I'm guessing the 5 stacks are searching for an hour because when they get in a game they enjoy not ending it and just farming.
If you got three or more in ya party, ok you can play with the four five stacks. But stop putting solo/duo niggas into a full party of Onyx/Diamond sweaty ass dudes with matching clan names. Y'all know damn wel this ain't gon be an even match.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Hipfire currently has a tighter spread than ADS in the beta playlist lol. Overall though, just feels like a super powered Gnasher as opposed to a more consistent one. Think I prefer the current one.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We made minor update to the game today. We're not thrilled with how Pahanu plays in KOTH so we have pulled it from all KOTH playlists (Ranked, Quickplay, Events, and Beta)."

lol translation: everyone hates this map we're sorry we're trying to delete it

Apr 19, 2018
Thinking of picking up the game via CD Keys. Question though: if it says Xbox One / PC, is this redeemable for Steam?

www.cdkeys.com

Gears 5 Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S / PC

Buy Gears 5 Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S / PC ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

I'm a little iffy about what's "PC" entails in this case, if it's for Steam or exclusively by way of the Microsoft Store.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of picking up the game via CD Keys. Question though: if it says Xbox One / PC, is this redeemable for Steam?

www.cdkeys.com

Gears 5 Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S / PC

Buy Gears 5 Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S / PC ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

I'm a little iffy about what's "PC" entails in this case, if it's for Steam or exclusively by way of the Microsoft Store.
I don't think so. XB1/PC implies it's the Windows Store version.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Probably so. A lot of the speculation about it has been that it was updated to fit the mocap actor for the DLC.
Yah also this screenshot from reddit shows a new enemy(?)
k3b3uksmw4u51.jpg

If the campaign dlc is really coming out next operation I can't believe they aren't talking about it sooner
Well maybe I can

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I'm shocked they put that much effort into this campaign update. Dave Bautista as Marcus is a fun bit, but I don't think I'd ever use it. New Game+ and the character skins in campaign is a nice bonus, though.

Dana said on stream yesterday that the new operation will have more than nine characters and we also know that they're aiming to have more maps than Op 4 did. Gears is almost back.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
www.gears5.com

Gears 5

Explore Gears 5

www.gears5.com

Gears 5

Explore Gears 5

NG_Plus_Outline_Mutator_logo-5f9313228a35a-1024x576.jpg

One of the biggest updates we're making is the addition of 16 mutators that will change the look, difficulty, and experience of Gears 5's campaign.

We've even giving you the option to even select multiple mutators at the same time (as long as they don't cancel each other out). For example, if you want Big Heads, Friendly Fire on and Gears 1 visuals – we've got you covered.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows which is the most optimal way to level up characters now?

rangersfan414

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't an issue for low level characters? I even I would insult myself if I played a master run with a low level character

Lol oops I didn't consider that. For a low level character, running through the escape map "The Surge" on Insane is a good character xp earn rate and doesn't really require being able to kill anything.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
By god, that's Dizzy and Skorge!

Really excited for Op 5. Can't wait to see the new maps we're getting. Hopefully they get my letters and we get Mansion in this game eventually.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
That'd sure be a kick in the balls since the only characters I can think of that were part of Hollow Storm that aren't in the game are Tai and Jace, outside of Dizzy and Skorge obviously.

Edit: Maybe Jonathan Harper too which would be awesome but seems like a stretch.
I'd think it would include Hoffman, as well. Especially since he's likely a part of the campaign expansion next month.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
That'd sure be a kick in the balls since the only characters I can think of that were part of Hollow Storm that aren't in the game are Tai and Jace, outside of Dizzy and Skorge obviously.

Edit: Maybe Jonathan Harper too which would be awesome but seems like a stretch.
Teaser
You'll be happy I think

Looks great 5 maps bunch of skins and a new weapon so far

Oct 19, 2018
Teaser
You'll be happy I think

Looks great 5 maps bunch of skins and a new weapon so far
I was going to say prior to the teaser that I wonder if this meant River is coming back with the focus on Gears 2, let me know if anyone can specify further...
5 Maps: River, Ruins?, ?, ?, ?
7 Characters: Dizzy, Tai, Anya, Skorge, 3 Lambent enemies
Scorcher coming back

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Ok guys, I've played a fair amount of gears mp but going to play campaign which I haven't done much before. Is the whole series in coop worth it or shall I just start with anniversary 4/5?

Oct 19, 2018
Ok guys, I've played a fair amount of gears mp but going to play campaign which I haven't done much before. Is the whole series in coop worth it or shall I just start with anniversary 4/5?
I typically play the campaign solo, but I have completed at least 2 & 3 in co-op. If you have somebody who would enjoy playing with you I think its more fun/rewarding together, but I don't think playing solo hurts the experience too much. Either way, enjoy, they're fun!

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
I typically play the campaign solo, but I have completed at least 2 & 3 in co-op. If you have somebody who would enjoy playing with you I think its more fun/rewarding together, but I don't think playing solo hurts the experience too much. Either way, enjoy, they're fun!
Interesting, thanks! My only concern about 2/3 is that they'll feel a little outdated. Gears 5 honestly plays so well on Series x it makes such a big difference.

Oct 19, 2018
Interesting, thanks! My only concern about 2/3 is that they'll feel a little outdated. Gears 5 honestly plays so well on Series x it makes such a big difference.
That's a fair concern, the further you go back, the stiffer the game gets. Ultimate Edition while looking better, plays how the original did and feels the stiffest. I was downloading 5 last night on the Series X so I haven't played it yet but I'm sure its fantastic, it was already great on One X. From a gameplay flow perspective its just been a constant tuning, 5>4>3>2>1 in that sense. I don't know how much work they put into the movement with Judgement, it feels very close to 3 from a fluidity standpoint.

Also from a dated standpoint, 2 & 3 having enhancements makes them perform better so that helps it not feel as dated. UE is scheduled to be enhanced soon too as they've shown that off earlier this year. Obviously 4 was enhanced for X, I imagine they'll get around to Judgement too because its a visual stunner for a 360 game.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
That's a fair concern, the further you go back, the stiffer the game gets. Ultimate Edition while looking better, plays how the original did and feels the stiffest. I was downloading 5 last night on the Series X so I haven't played it yet but I'm sure its fantastic, it was already great on One X. From a gameplay flow perspective its just been a constant tuning, 5>4>3>2>1 in that sense. I don't know how much work they put into the movement with Judgement, it feels very close to 3 from a fluidity standpoint.

Also from a dated standpoint, 2 & 3 having enhancements makes them perform better so that helps it not feel as dated. UE is scheduled to be enhanced soon too as they've shown that off earlier this year. Obviously 4 was enhanced for X, I imagine they'll get around to Judgement too because its a visual stunner for a 360 game.
Interesting, thanks for the feedback. I may start with 5 and work back as the person I'm playing with hasn't played gears before (and think that'll be the most accessible start gameplay wise based on what you've said)

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
www.gears5.com

Gears 5

Explore Gears 5
As promised in the Operation 4 PVE Update, we have decoupled Characters and Classes – that's right, you can now choose your Class and then pick whatever character you want to play. We can already see the Horde and Escape lobbies full of Carmine squads!

Not enough freedom? No problem. We now allow you to play as duplicate Classes and Characters, so now everyone can be Marcus and the Pilot Class. Operation 5 also includes a significant balance update for all Classes that includes tuning updates, 16 new Skill Cards, new Passives, and more. Check out the patch notes below for more details. Note: Sam, Jinn and DB characters won't be playable in PvE until the next Title Update.
I think Horde is finally getting there. Hopefully the next PvE tuning does something to address how lackluster the (formerly) Halo and Terminator character classes are.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
]
www.gears5.com

Gears 5

Explore Gears 5

I think Horde is finally getting there. Hopefully the next PvE tuning does something to address how lackluster the (formerly) Halo and Terminator character classes are.
Looks alright, you can see the Sorcher getting a skins as well.
Most of the new passives seem meh and tied to the ult which goes against what a passive should be(?)
most of the focus seemed to be on fixing Hivebuster characters and making more consistent card counts for earlier characters

The changes are all good but this patch seems to missing a new class or a huge overhaul in terms of gameplay. Maybe the new enemies will make up for it

Tying Cole to the Sorcher seems like a bad choice that character already has so many cards