• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yeah the terminator is honestly pretty ridiculous. His frame is way more thin than any other Swarm character, his head is small, and he has no voicelines on top of the blending.

COG have thinner people like Kait but it feels way more dramatic with him. Which sucks because I want to use that butt ass naked guy but you gotta be at a disadvantage not being terminator.

Do we know for sure hurtboxes are different between characters?

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Hey for Gears PC. My game does this thing where it does this buzzing noise and the framerate drops for a few seconds.

What's that and is there a fix?

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Played an escape match, game couldn't load results, didn't seem to record progress.

Will I get my progress later once the servers figure it out?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
The one downside to terminator is that it's footsteps are pretty distinct and can't be confused with yours/teammates
But yah it's a bit much for what should only be a cosmetic difference

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Probably been asked many times before but...

I got Ultimate Game Pass about four days ago for the PC. How do I access the game? It doesn't allow me to install the game and when I hover my mouse over the install button (which is grayed out) it doesn't allow me to click anything. Dying to play the game!

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm surprised to see so many people say they're enjoying Arcade on account of 80% of the matches I've played have nobody moving the entire time. They need to make frags more common and cheaper.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware

I got Ultimate Game Pass about four days ago for the PC. How do I access the game? It doesn't allow me to install the game and when I hover my mouse over the install button (which is grayed out) it doesn't allow me to click anything. Dying to play the game!
If you have Ultimate Game Pass, you should have already been able to install and play. I've (and most of us here) have been playing since last Thursday. Does it show you have Ultimate if you goto Settings -> Accounts -> Subscriptions? If it does and it's still grayed out, you may need to hit up MS.

Oh.. try the store first before contacting MS.

Hey for Gears PC. My game does this thing where it does this buzzing noise and the framerate drops for a few seconds.

What's that and is there a fix?

Take off the dynamic resolution by changing the minimum FPS to 0. If you set it to 30/60, it will scale the game. Also, take off ultra textures if you have them installed and play at high. There's little difference from Ultra -> High.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing since it unlocked on Xbox Game Pass for PC, but man, this is pretty good, huh? I thought Gears of War 4 had a pretty boring campaign, but despite being extremely similar, a lot of small things really add up to make this a lot more fun to play.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
How do I add pc friends on gears

I want to play with some of my buddies that are on high end PCs

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
me: can't wait to play gears 5

gears 5: your graphics card is ass

pr0aHNn.png

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
Take off the dynamic resolution by changing the minimum FPS to 0. If you set it to 30/60, it will scale the game. Also, take off ultra textures if you have them installed and play at high. There's little difference from Ultra -> High.
I'm playing on a 970, and i did put the FPS to none, and i don't think i installed ultra textures. I would play the game on low and it would do that shit.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Finished the story but the game hung after the credits so it thinks I didn't so it didn't count. 3rd time I'm going to have to replay stuff.

Really hoping the next game has these issues solved. I don't remember 4 being like this. If it wasn't for being GP, I'd be more upset.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I've been playing for a couple hours and just finished Act I, here are some random thoughts

- God bless the COG engineer who decided a granade launcher was better at gun fights than a chainshaw. Jupiter I love the new lancer. Not only the main fire has a nice kick, but the granade/missile barrage is incredible. It's about time the COG equipped their soldiers with some new more advance weaponory.

- I missed the Overkill, lovely shotgun, simply lovely.

- The game runs very well. Possibly better than Gears 4.

- The first Act was everything I wanted from this game: war. Not a desperate struggle for survival, but war. I do hope the game keeps like that. One of my favorite moments was advance down the street with the support of the robots. More of that please.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Um, check if you have enough space on the installation drive ? if you install games on other drives, change app install location from windows Storage settings inside Settings.

I got it through the game pass ultimate too, downloaded and installed without any issue.

On topic, the character model with the Ultra texture pack look pretty damn good.

8hwkro.png

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its taken me literally 10 fucking attempts to beat this snatcher in act 2 and i havent even come close. Was this shit fucking playtested why the fuck is there such a shitty sudden spike in difficulty? Sorry for the cursing, im really pissed off at this and needed to vent. Im playing on experienced and this is the only time it feels hard. This part feels like a brick wall

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So campaign was going really well until the end of act 2. Any tips would be appreciated.

I freeze it as often as I can and my wife and I run up behind it and unload. We freeze then shoot then drop it in the ice and shoot. Yet somehow it just keeps 1-hit killing one of us over and over. It seems completely unpredictable from where or how it'll 1-hit. Either it jumps out of the ice on top of one of us or it stabs us and immediately rams into us and one hit kills.

My wife is about to just drop the game for good so any advice or anything were missing would be nice. For how easy the rest of the game is, this sudden spike is insane and unfair.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 970 and I can run the game with every setting on high with 55-60 fps and 1080p. I'm amazed how well optimized the game is, but maybe it isn't that surprising given how well Gears of War 4 ran.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So campaign was going really well until the end of act 2. Any tips would be appreciated.

I freeze it as often as I can and my wife and I run up behind it and unload. We freeze then shoot then drop it in the ice and shoot. Yet somehow it just keeps 1-hit killing one of us over and over. It seems completely unpredictable from where or how it'll 1-hit. Either it jumps out of the ice on top of one of us or it stabs us and immediately rams into us and one hit kills.

My wife is about to just drop the game for good so any advice or anything were missing would be nice. For how easy the rest of the game is, this sudden spike is insane and unfair.

Insane and unfair difficulty spikes seem to be this games forte

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Insane and unfair difficulty spikes seem to be this games forte

Nevermind we set myself to beginner and hit restart from last checkpoint and it started us at the beginning of the chapter so were done for tonight... and probably a few days.

Edit: anyone know if I beat the level solo can my wife still join me in act 3? She doesnt care about achievements or anything

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
So the reward is 5 days boost and iron coins to help us get into the MTX model they're pushing on us? I kind of thought that maybe they'll eventually fix the horrid prices in the store but this seems like a small hint that they won't ever address it.

Scrap is used to enhance horse/escape class cards, not related to mtx I believe

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Upgrade the driver.

edit for clarification: this message is about the out of date drive, not the card. I got the same thing. (the game still runs though)
I received this message also, and my drivers are the latest available. RtX 2070.... My game have some issues like bad textures... Hope that the new nvidia drivers fix everything. I'm holding the campaign for now.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have yet to jump into Versus. Haven't done Gears MP outside of co-op since 2. Is it still just a shotgun fest?

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Escape is actually so good. There are already different strategies being developed as to when to use power weapons and abilities.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
How does it work? After playing a few rounds I still dont get it

You run to the end before the smoke gets ya!

Levels are made using different modules and different enemy and weapon placements. So you need to strategize on the best way to get out given what you have and what youre up against.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
me: can't wait to play gears 5

gears 5: your graphics card is ass

pr0aHNn.png
Damn, this is what I just started getting today. I wasn't getting it before. There's aren't any driver updates for my video card yet or anything.
L0uonrR.png

Moved the window to you could see the support site's explanation of the error code, too. Not very helpful...

I guess I haven't tried rebooting yet, I should try that sometime.