• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The lack of characters in MP is so disappointing. Nothing from the past 4 games? No Anya, no Baird, no Kantus Monks or Theron Guards.

I'm a little disappointed on top of the MTX being absurdly expensive

I dont know what you're talking about. I love that I get to play as halo characters and movie marketing characters in a brand new mode in gears! /s

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way to turn off the camera auto center itself all the time on the X? Haven't found any option and it sure does annoy me....

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I stupid? Where is the option to set your default character for PvP? I'm sick of it making me starter Swarm Drone.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
The Act 2 boss is pretty brutal on default difficulty if you're playing co-op with someone who doesn't play many shooters. Big difficulty spike for sure, along with the

Snatcher/Juvie fight where I'm pretty sure they expect you to get snatched up at least a few times.

JTSilver

Games Actor
Verified
Sep 1, 2019
Has anyone gotten impulse triggers working in the PC version with an XB1 controller? Or does this game not support that feature?

I only ask because Gears 4 used them and because I don't own an XB1, it was actually my first time feeling it.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Since we have leaderboards is there a way to see how many total players hears 5 has had yet

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am interested to see when more of the custom maps appear. Not seen anything on Escape yet but the idea that we can make Horde ones later on will be cool.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Done with the first open area, eh. I'm loving the campaign but pottering around on the skiff is getting in the way of the fun rather than being fun itself.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Just finished campaign, no spoilers.

I think most of the new characters (JD, Kait, and Del specifically) are just different flavors of bad. I personally didn't care for them in 4 and didn't think they got better in 5.

Very enjoyable campaign though.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Besides the Escape ranking horseshit, why am I only getting minus points in ranked multiplayer even if we win? This whole game, every system and every mode seems like a huge fuck up, you can't look at anything that's thought through, works or is fun to progress in.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Am I stupid? Where is the option to set your default character for PvP? I'm sick of it making me starter Swarm Drone.

The menus in this game are weird as hell tbh.

If you go into versus from the menu, then into quickplay you can hit X to set your default characters before you actually pick a mode.

I have no idea why this isn't part of the menu you can always pull up at the bottom of the screen.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The menus in this game are weird as hell tbh.

If you go into versus from the menu, then into quickplay you can hit X to set your default characters before you actually pick a mode.

I have no idea why this isn't part of the menu you can always pull up at the bottom of the screen.
It is.

Go to customization and select your character. The one with the star on it becomes the favorite.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I wouldn't even mess with MP atm unless you don't care about achievements, supply drops, and such.

Looks like the only thing they fixed is being able to play, while everything else is unstable still.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
JFC.

So I just beat the game, and let the credits roll. My controller goes to sleep while they're running and... won't work again when I turn it back on. So I do the only thing I can do and force quit the game. I didn't get the achievement for completing the game. Hopefully it's just a delay thing, but shit man, when the controller just stops working in game (still works though, to bring up the guide and stuff), that doesn't feel like a server issue. It happened like 6 or 7 times in my playthough.

Oh! Isn't that nice? Looking at my campaign stats in the menu it just has me having completed all of act 1, all but 1 chapter of act 2, and the first chapter of act 3. That's just great.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
And again, 37 rounds into horde, I press the guide button to check the time, and then I can't register any inputs. How the fuck do you leave a bug like that in release.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Act 1 played great, but now Act 2 is buggy as heck. I lost about 3 hours progress to a bad load, 45 minutes to an infinite checkpoint save, and another 20 to another infinite save. It's a shame because I'm having fun, it's just so frustrating.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
JFC.

So I just beat the game, and let the credits roll. My controller goes to sleep while they're running and... won't work again when I turn it back on. So I do the only thing I can do and force quit the game. I didn't get the achievement for completing the game. Hopefully it's just a delay thing, but shit man, when the controller just stops working in game (still works though, to bring up the guide and stuff), that doesn't feel like a server issue. It happened like 6 or 7 times in my playthough.

Oh! Isn't that nice? Looking at my campaign stats in the menu it just has me having completed all of act 1, all but 1 chapter of act 2, and the first chapter of act 3. That's just great.

Same thing happened to me. Says I didn't complete chapter 2 of act 3 and the chapter is locked so I can't just play it. Lmao, this game is a technical mess. How do bugs like this make it through? How can you say ship it like this. Stop this ultimate edition shit if it clearly isn't ready. I've no desire to play this anymore in its current state. My stats won't save, my achievements won't unlock. I really can't recommend anyone play Gears 5 right now.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So I've playing this on PC GamePass, just going through single-player because multiplayer never really interests me, and I've been enjoying it so far. I think I'm close to about halfway or so through Act 3 at this point.

The encounter design has been pretty good, and the gun variety is good at keeping things engaging. I am a little surprised by how much like Uncharted: Lost Legacy it is in its structure and tone. Speaking of, the writing is... meh. There's not a lot of character development or progression so much as using timeskips to justify changes happening off-screen, which feels off. And it's in that Uncharted/Marvel style of constantly trying to keep everyone funny and sarcastic that it diminishes the overall atmosphere.

Overall though, enjoying it quite a bit so far for my first Gears game.

The open world segments were clearly based off how Uncharted 4/LL structured theirs too. In Gears 5 it just gives you actual "missions" and checklists so feels even more formulaic.

Oct 30, 2017
JFC.

This happened to me multiple times because my cable is a bit wonky. So annoying.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh god, why is every Versus mode limiting the squad to a maximum of 3 players? Ranked is the only option if you want to play with more than 2 two friends.

Tezza

Nov 15, 2017
This game is a buggy mess, which is annoying cause I'm really enjoying it. Going to stop playing campaign until it's fixed, I've had to quit and restart about 5 times in the last few hours.

I do really like it so far, will stick to online for now.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Still plan to play a fair bit more with friends, but so far my experience has been extremely rough. The networking issues on the first night were disappointing but perhaps understandable, but this game feels buggy as hell in general. It's such a shitty experience for the gamers dedicated enough to pay extra for the sake of playing early.

In MP, I'm being matchmade with people on the West Coast despite being in the UK in MP (meaning that I'm experiencing far higher pings than I enjoy) and the skill based matchmaking seems completely worthless so far (early days sure, but it's pretty disturbing that I'm regularly playing against people who have XP levels >50 while mine is under 10). Ranking system itself seems to be broken, at least from an interface point of view, so no information whatsoever on whether my rank is improving or falling. Perhaps related to the apparent lack of tight region matchmaking, but had some extremely dubious hit detection instances over the last couple of days too.

I think I'm over this franchise, having adored it last generation. It feels like a relic. The juxtaposition of the legitimised glitch wall bouncing with the rest of the game which feels slow and weighty and unresponsive is fucking bizarre and it is by far the biggest mistake that was made with this franchise. Either make a considered, deliberately paced game or don't. Don't do half and half. It's a huge turn off for me and I'm sure it is for a lot of new and returning players when compared to what else is out there.

I'll give the game some more time once I have people to play with, but I don't see this having legs for us at all.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Downloading this now through Game Pass Ultimate, playing on the base Xbox One, is the only difference is that it's 30fps?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is there a good explanation out there on how to make time and points in Escape? Nothing in the game explains this mode (surprise) and then you end up with a weird over 30 minute time while ending it way sooner.