• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just hit my first crash after dying. Infinite load screen.. Had to quit out entirely and reload the game.

There goes 10 minutes. Blegh

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it these campaign progress issues are really sucking the joy of out this game.

In other news

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Holy hell, this game isn't polished at all.

Act 2 chapter 1
Got teleported back to a previous place for no reason, then later on a door closed before I could get in, so the level stopped being generated where I was standing, and it crashed. Got both Things on video, I'll post it later.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, this game isn't polished at all.

Act 2 chapter 1
Got teleported back to a previous place for no reason, then later on a door closed before I could get in, so the level stopped being generated where I was standing, and it crashed. Got both Things on video, I'll post it later.

It's the servers, yes the campaign is affected by the servers because they, by standard for the coop aspect of it, run them as an online lobby.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Difficulty REALLY ramps up in the second half of Act II... Then I got hit with the autosave bug on chapter 5. :/ still a blast tho. I Almost lower difficulty after like 14 deaths on chapter 3..

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like TC has one USB drive labeled "The Fix" that they keep running back and forth between the Campaign / Stats servers and the MP servers. For some reason, one usually works but never both at the same time... I finished my MP challenges and wanted to go back to campaign, but it's all blanked out again (collectibles).

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder for all fellow console players to go to your options and turn off ranked crossplay :)
Because that shit is on by default

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Someone plz answer, is campaign progress saving messed up right now? I really don't wanna have to replay stuff. I thought I read some stuff about it.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Finished the campaign.

It was way shorter than I expected, and just ended abruptly. The pacing was all over the place.

Had some fun with the set pieces in the later chapters, and really liked the slower exploration design of chapter 2.

Gunplay was typical gears style, the automatic guns were boring to use, but the single shot ones were great. Enjoyed the scout and the hand cannon the most. Having Jack and its abilities helped provide some variety to the encounters.

Game run super smooth but had to restart it every hour or so to free up vram which was causing major stuttering. Removing ultra textures and minimum framerate option helped with the stutters, hopefully the new drivers can sort out these issues.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else getting performance issues on the X? I'm in the middle of Act 3 and one side area in particular had a terrible framerate, 30 or less in spots. The open world areas stutter a bit, but nothing too crazy. It does seem to be worse than Act 2.

Claiming this game runs at a solid 60fps is an outright lie. Even if the game is gorgeous and the other modes seem to run fine. Campaign is not 60fps.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this still fucked? My friend and I only have 2 acts left in gears 4 and want to jump into this maybe later or tomorrow.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
For people that only want to play the campaign:

SET YOUR XBOX TO OFFLINE IN THE SETTINGS

It seriously is the best choice now. Stats, collectibles and all that stuff works fine that way

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Finished the campaign.

It was way shorter than I expected, and just ended abruptly. The pacing was all over the place.

Had some fun with the set pieces in the later chapters, and really liked the slower exploration design of chapter 2.

Gunplay was typical gears style, the automatic guns were boring to use, but the single shot ones were great. Enjoyed the scout and the hand cannon the most. Having Jack and its abilities helped provide some variety to the encounters.

Game run super smooth but had to restart it every hour or so to free up vram which was causing major stuttering. Removing ultra textures and minimum framerate option helped with the stutters, hopefully the new drivers can sort out these issues.

Is act 2 the longest chapter?

Oct 25, 2017
Just lost all my progress in an exploration chapter. Idk I might just wait for this game to be fixed. I lost progress in a different chapter yesterday.. so frustrating

Oct 25, 2017
Everything feels right when I'm a Terminator with a minigun
y4090fz.gif

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting performance issues on the X? I'm in the middle of Act 3 and one side area in particular had a terrible framerate, 30 or less in spots. The open world areas stutter a bit, but nothing too crazy. It does seem to be worse than Act 2.

Claiming this game runs at a solid 60fps is an outright lie. Even if the game is gorgeous and the other modes seem to run fine. Campaign is not 60fps.
I get a solid 60 on my end. Even during high action moments.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this isn't the right place to mention this, but I have GamePass Ultimate with the AMD promotion of the hardware I bought, and when I launch the game it's giving me an error that I'm too early.

Any workaround to this?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this isn't the right place to mention this, but I have GamePass Ultimate with the AMD promotion of the hardware I bought, and when I launch the game it's giving me an error that I'm too early.

Any workaround to this?

Make sure you're trying to download specifically the Ultimate edition, rather than the regular version of the game.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I get a solid 60 on my end. Even during high action moments.
Most of the game is fine, but this one section was really terrible and it seemed to maintain the terrible performance after I went back to the open world.

Hard reset my console and it seems to be fixed. I assume this is some sort of memory leak error. I died multiple times in this area (bunch of torque bow guys) and performance seemed to get worse over time. Glad it's a bug rather than (what I feared) a problem with my console.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I just realized you can turn off auto-reload in the settings!

I love this. I would often try to reload mistakenly after it already auto-reloaded my weapon and ultimately get a botched active reload.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the campaign.

What are the scout and hand cannon?

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing on xbox and pc, whats the PC button to do a chainsaw or finisher? I have melee bound but now that its not the same as the melee button .

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who LOVED Gears 4 campaign, I have to say that the first two acts are a little underwhelming when it comes to the narrative. Combat is the best ever by far so I'm definitely enjoying my time with it, but at this point it feels like we spent more than half of the game learning very little info that's been worthwile or interesting. Hopefully it will change in the last two acts

I love how there is a bunch of reactionary stuff in the scenario. Can change the combat quite a bit

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I climbed a ledge in Act 2 and the game flung me under the ground where I died. When I tried to reload from checkpoint it says "No valid save data." Is there a way to reload previous checkpoints from the main menu?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Have to pause for tonight. The progression bar isn't doing shit anymore in the last 3 hours after a match or horde run.

Escape doesn't work at all if you want to play it for the Highscore list, it doesn't recognize what you do there. Sucks.

Level 49 so far on my account.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I'm amazed that some people thought this game deserved higher scores than what it got given all the issues people in here are having.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Finished act 3 and

I'm happy the final chapter isn't open world.

The snow and sand were a little too same-y. There needed to be more interesting engagement elements like the storm in act 3 imo.

Love the game, but there are a few areas where 6 can really improve.
Agree. The samey aspect of this felt a little...uninspired, to put it kindly.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I support this Reddit thread 1000%.

Playing for the last 2 days, I agree, everything about unlocking and content in general is horseshit in this game.

See, this is how they get you. Battlefield players (of which I am one) went through a similar thing. They implement a fairer system, but the system is shit, so then you're clamoring for an unfair system to return to your life again.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
See, this is how they get you. Battlefield players (of which I am one) went through a similar thing. They implement a fairer system, but the system is shit, so then you're clamoring for an unfair system to return to your life again.

Yeah, until I just move on and say "next" because it feels like we get around 5 new AAA and 12 new fantastic indie titles each and every single month and it's just not worth to deal with bullshit like this anymore. Yes Gears is still one of a kind when it comes to gameplay and feeling, but still, this day and age gives you an f'n all you can eat of video games and when the fish is full of fishbone, then you go grab something else.