• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Yooooooo, why is no-one talking about the lightening creating glass trees in act 3?

I didn't catch the first one, the lightening struck the sandy dunes and I thought...cool, no impact crater, but it's cool but then one of those bolts hit right in front of me and....HOLY SHITBALLS!! A damn glass tree crystalized right in front of me.

That shit blew me away so much I had to pause so I could post about it.
Because that's a spoiler and there is a thread for that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont have any issues playing now btw. Maybe because i am EU and less players probably there. But its prime time EU tho.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in act 2 of the campaign and gotta say I'm disappointed with some of the writing decisions.

They bring back Oscar just long enough to have him behave very differently from the guy in the last game, don't explain how he became chief of a huge village, (how much time has passed since 4 anyway?) and then they kill him off kind of unceremoniously and of course rather stupidly. I thought he was a popular character? God knows he got like 18 skins for multiplayer in the last game. I don't understand why they couldn't have at least written a death that didn't involve having the biggest enemy sneak up on him somehow and then just grab him as he stands there shooting like a total noname waiting to die.

It just felt like they wanted to make the leader of that location seem important so they threw him in there and sort of half-assed it.

Also not a fan of the bickering about "keeping secrets" and all that. It feels forced as if the writers wanted to create some kind of friction between the main characters so they could eventually have conflict but again, they half-assed it.

I gotta just keep playing I guess and maybe by the end I'll be able to look back and think none of this matters as much as it feels like it does now.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
So, I figured out my challenge that I was stuck on but I had to bump it down to intermediate to figure it out. I then realized what the deal was, upped it back to experienced and restarted the previous check point. Hope that doesn't screw it up. Fingers crossed. Also, the fight ended up being very clever once I realized what was going on.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I'm in act 2 of the campaign and gotta say I'm disappointed with some of the writing decisions.

They bring back Oscar just long enough to have him behave very differently from the guy in the last game, don't explain how he became chief of a huge village, (how much time has passed since 4 anyway?) and then they kill him off kind of unceremoniously and of course rather stupidly. I thought he was a popular character? God knows he got like 18 skins for multiplayer in the last game. I don't understand why they couldn't have at least written a death that didn't involve having the biggest enemy sneak up on him somehow and then just grab him as he stands there shooting like a total noname waiting to die.

It just felt like they wanted to make the leader of that location seem important so they threw him in there and sort of half-assed it.

Also not a fan of the bickering about "keeping secrets" and all that. It feels forced as if the writers wanted to create some kind of friction between the main characters so they could eventually have conflict but again, they half-assed it.

I gotta just keep playing I guess and maybe by the end I'll be able to look back and think none of this matters as much as it feels like it does now.

I think the secrets thing works, as it's a divisive and nasty secret, though I don't really know/remember enough about JD to know if the thing he did was in keeping with his nature.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Chapter 2 was so long. But it was way better than the snoozefest chapter 1.

The whole
cave encounter and escape
was a buggy mess (pun not intended). From Del staying behind not doing anything, to Jack rushing forward and getting mauled by swarm, it was a pita.

Also lost a lot of time on the chapter 2 boss fight
matriarch
due to stupid camera angles.

The exploration and world building are a welcome change as they along with the music/sound effects are the only thing keeping me interested in playing.
the fuck, there is a spoiler thread for a reason.

Deleted member 45460

Banned
Jun 27, 2018

Read Gears of War: Ascendance

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to private the campaign? Random people keep joining as the third player.........
Random shouldnt be possible. Its default on friends only i think unless you changed it. But if you hit start and RT to social and on your name you click X and can set it on invite only or friends.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Literally been doing nothing but side missions tonight lol. Very moreish

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Its funny, that for most peeps this game hasn't really launched yet, steam, regular gamepass, digital and physical buyers still have a few days before thise game launches. Expect OT to blow up huge in 3 days.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So and favorite Horde character you guys have?
Also its a shame you cant use the Hivebusters in Horde. Story wise i get it tho. But wish every character can be used everywhere.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Man, another campaign co-op drop. Definitely frustrating as this is the thing I look forward to the most with Gears.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand the point of supply drops when it never shows what you got, the cog fills up and nothing happens.

they should show what you got after the bar fills. 90% of the time it worked for me. Must be the delayed server issues causing that

I don't understand how blood sprays in multiplayer work? I feel like I never see them

they will appear on the ground after an execution. I don't see them either but that's probably because so much shit is going on and I don't have time to look on the ground when playing a fast paced TPS.

neat idea but it's easily overlooked.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the secrets thing works, as it's a divisive and nasty secret, though I don't really know/remember enough about JD to know if the thing he did was in keeping with his nature.
That's a big part of my issue with it though, I don't think it IS keeping with the nature of the character as seen in Gears 4. Same with the other character issue I mentioned. Its like they wanted them both to be different people in this game.

Read Gears of War: Ascendance
I can appreciate what you're saying here, but I feel like its lame of TC to expect everyone to do that. To be fair, I DID see that there is a "state of the universe" section under Extras and I have not yet checked that out, but in terms of having these things explained in game, it feels like they didn't even make an effort.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How do you turn HDR on on pc? Never played a pc hdr game before.
So and favorite Horde character you guys have?
Also its a shame you cant use the Hivebusters in Horde. Story wise i get it tho. But wish every character can be used everywhere.
Me too. Makes the small roster feel even smaller. I want to play as Marcus in escape.

I like Emile just because he looks amazing.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My main incentive for Gears has always been multiplayer. And there's nothing more annoying than 3 minute search times followed by 1 minute voting process followed by a 30 second load in then a disconnect.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
they should show what you got after the bar fills. 90% of the time it worked for me. Must be the delayed server issues causing that

they will appear on the ground after an execution. I don't see them either but that's probably because so much shit is going on and I don't have time to look on the ground when playing a fast paced TPS.

neat idea but it's easily overlooked.

Yeah, they're really cool but they're basically useless because it blends in with the environment or you just can't see them because of the pace of the game

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Just played a little bit of the campaign. Gorgeous and fluid.

Servers seem better and 80% there, hopefully by tonight shit is fixed.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a bit of trouble finding where to toggle controller for pc, anyone know where it is?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The exploration and hubs are all amazing. We've never had this kind of atmosphere and world building in gears before.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Could this be the worst "Battle Pass" of all time? 50 ranks in 2 weeks, I don't see how this is possible. Maybe if you hit a shit ton of medals right before the end (Which means you have to play every mode until your f'n head explodes with 5000 kills here and 20000 damage there), but with the daily tour objectives, no way.

Deleted member 5129

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random shouldnt be possible. Its default on friends only i think unless you changed it. But if you hit start and RT to social and on your name you click X and can set it on invite only or friends.

Put it on invite only and people STILL keep joining.

Welp, guess I'm not playing because this is pissing my buddy and I off properly. We cant even upgrade Jack when a "Jack player" is present.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Act 2 chapter 5

i knew it that nils was behind everything that Mad Scientist