• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
How is the multiplayer in this Gears 5? i tried a couple games but never enjoyed it on 4. besides the shotgun, the others never was really good at all. (imo) 99% of the time was shotguns everywhere and i quit the MP after couple matchs. is it still like that or they fix it?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing an arcade match, everything was fine until the servers exploded again

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is the multiplayer in this Gears 5? i tried a couple games but never enjoyed it on 4. besides the shotgun, the others never was really good at all. (imo) 99% of the time was shotguns everywhere and i quit the MP after couple matchs. is it still like that or they fix it?

There is an Arcade mode just for you

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, where do I turn in my "gaming credit" ID. I'm getting fucking lost in a Gears campaign, JFC. Can't find my way around the damn first mission.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing to fix. Each weapon serves a purpose in the sandbox, the Gnasher is a key component to CQC engagements that's why it's a primary weapon. Arcade mode might be what you're looking for, but gears MP is not just about shotgun combat..

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'm a good bit into Act 1 Chapter 3 and this game is very impressive on PC. My CPU is pretty old (i5 4690) with a GTX1070 and the game plays flawless on the default recommended settings. Can't believe how great the visuals are along with the voice acting. I don't know why I was kind of expecting a so-so game but I'm really blown away so far. Seems very polished and better than I could have ever expected. Well done Coalition.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
There is an Arcade mode just for you

See a video and sounds good. thanks bud!

There's nothing to fix. Each weapon serves a purpose in the sandbox, the Gnasher is a key component to CQC engagements that's why it's a primary weapon. Arcade mode might be what you're looking for, but gears MP is not just about shotgun combat..

I never played any multiplayer of gears besides Gears 4 and was a bit eh to me, so i thought have something unbalanced in other weapons in comparison to the shotgun. my bad.

GhoulOne

Mar 4, 2018
Now I reloaded the game and I get stuck on the loading screen trying to resume my single player campaign. This game has some serious issues right now

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Why?

They did, they ran fine. I think the initial group on the more expensive Game Pass Ultimate or Ultimate Edition of the game is exceeding what they expected.

Well yes......a ton of folks did the sale glitch where you upgrade all your time for $1 to ultimate. I got 3 years of gamepass ultimate for $100 at E3

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
User banned (1 week): trolling; platform wars
Infinite loading screen, MS made 1 game this year that anyone gives a shit about and they still manage to fuck it up.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
I see i'm mot the only one unable to even play this, not in coop and now not even by myself, infinite loading screen as well

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Okay this is like the prettiest game ever.

And I still haven't started the PC version. I can't believe they got this to run at 60fps on the X, there is some black magic going on here holy crap.

I'm only at act 2, classic Gears so far, I can see some disliking this but for me we're talking GOTY, I'm legit blown away!

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Can't play campaign coop with my friend :(

Just an infinite loading screen, and thats after we are able to join at all

Oct 25, 2017
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, I can't stand JD, I just can't. Please give me Kait already, game.

Every time they split I'm salty that I'm not following Kait and Marcus. Del is cool, but he can't make up for JD's shittiness.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
See a video and sounds good. thanks bud!

I never played any multiplayer of gears besides Gears 4 and was a bit eh to me, so i thought have something unbalanced in other weapons in comparison to the shotgun. my bad.
No bad to be had. The skill gap in these games are insane, and they're not friendly to newcomers at all. There's just no amount of making the lancer even stronger(it already melts in gears 4), that changes the fact that you must switch to your gnasher in close engagements and get comfortable fighting with it. Besides it's one of the coolest weapons ever lol.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Me too, the game is stuck on a loading screen.

source.gif

0/10.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
No bad to be had. The skill gap in these games are insane, and they're not friendly to newcomers at all. There's just no amount of making the lancer even stronger(it already melts in gears 4), that changes the fact that you must switch to your gnasher in close engagements and get comfortable fighting with it. Besides it's one of the coolest weapons ever lol.
Yeah, i loved it during the campaign!

But yeah, probably was really my noob side than a problem with the game. everyone moves easy and fast, not really my thing, i struggle a lot ahah
but then, a week or two later we got BF1 and i give up of Gears :P