• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
TeamMetalGnasher_Legendary-5d6ff87118a8a.png

You will be mine.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to get this on PC. Just Windows Store at the moment?

It's on Steam too. Not sure if it'll unlock on Friday though.

store.steampowered.com

Gears 5 on Steam

From one of gaming’s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
More like 12 hours, if you set your xbox region code to new zealand

Wait what? I in Mountain Time so as of this posting it is almost 4pm MT where I am. But if I change my Region Code to New Zealand, I can play it in about 12 hours? Is that accurate? If so, I am staying up late tonight. Can someone confirm?

On a different subject....damn that Review thread went to shit! I read the initial scores before leaving for work and when I got off not too long ago I started reading some of the replies and damn some hot takes and people acting like the game scored a 5. It is about 86 right now which is pretty damn good.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? I in Mountain Time so as of this posting it is almost 4pm MT where I am. But if I change my Region Code to New Zealand, I can play it in about 12 hours? Is that accurate? If so, I am staying up late tonight. Can someone confirm?

On a different subject....damn that Review thread went to shit! I read the initial scores before leaving for work and when I got off not too long ago I started reading some of the replies and damn some hot takes and people acting like the game scored a 5. It is about 86 right now which is pretty damn good.

If you're playing it through Game Pass you can set your region to NZ and play it 11 hours from now.

t1567674000z0.png

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
I am SO pumped for tomorrow+. Going to play all freakin' weekend and eat chips and drink booze and vomit and shit myself and tell the wife I'm bussssy with business. Campaign + Escape + Horde + Verses. How can I hold all this awesomeness in my hands?

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017

If you check my post history from earlier today, you'll see other people discussing it. Apparently it's been a thing people have been doing since 2013. Whenever it hits 9pm in new Zealand you are good to go it seems.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks good graphically but nothing that raises the bar, I'm sure it'll be impressive when playing given the 60fps. But other than that...

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Props to the mods today for containing the shitposting...

Back to the game, one thing I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned more in reviews (even the highest ones) is the rebalancing of the games weapons and general shooting mechanics to broaden its accessibility in multiplayer. I've never been a Gears multiplayer fan. Versus or Horde. Just didn't like the meta and game balancing that heavily favored shotguns. The Arcade mode allows for a diverse set of play-styles to succeed and carrying over the Hero shooter game design to a more aggressive Horde mode makes Gears multiplayer a lot more exciting to me. Normally I'd have no plans to play multiplayer but I played the shit out of the Arcade mode in the tech test and can see dumping hundreds of hours into Horde and Arcade over the next year.

Am I in a real small group here or are there others excited about Gears multiplayer for the first time ever?

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Any idea what time it will release for Central Europe time ? I'm in Sweden and I'm confused from the OP it's says 9pm but without any time zone

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Props to the mods today for containing the shitposting...

Back to the game, one thing I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned more in reviews (even the highest ones) is the rebalancing of the games weapons and general shooting mechanics to broaden its accessibility in multiplayer. I've never been a Gears multiplayer fan. Versus or Horde. Just didn't like the meta and game balancing that heavily favored shotguns. The Arcade mode allows for a diverse set of play-styles to succeed and carrying over the Hero shooter game design to a more aggressive Horde mode makes Gears multiplayer a lot more exciting to me. Normally I'd have no plans to play multiplayer but I played the shit out of the Arcade mode in the tech test and can see dumping hundreds of hours into Horde and Arcade over the next year.

Am I in a real small group here or are there others excited about Gears multiplayer for the first time ever?

They'd have to play the multiplayer to understand that lol

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
any word if the pc high res texture pack will be up for preload?
From what I understand, it can only be downloaded via the game, so you have to wait for the game to unlock and then click that you want the Hi-res pack in the settings menu, then you can download it. This is via the App for Gamepass.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OP, OT!

I am so ready to finally play this game.

Unfortunately I can't PM OP, lol...

I just thought that one static image in OP sticks out with all the other "moving pictures."
Here's a gif that's a skosh smaller dimension-wise (I try to keep filesize under 10MB, close enough-10.3MB).
1YwhqgK.gif

and here it is in webm form with the same dimensions as the image in OP.

Man, I can't wait to play this game in 3-player co-op with my Pop and a close family friend. I kinda want to be Jack lol (not just because of the achievements, but partially because of the achievements lol).

edit: aw shit! I just noticed I forgot to do that "Gears 5" text on top. Oh well, probably doesn't matter anyways...

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OP, OT!

I am so ready to finally play this game.

Unfortunately I can't PM OP, lol...

I just thought that one static image in OP sticks out with all the other "moving pictures."
Here's a gif that's a skosh smaller dimension-wise (I try to keep filesize under 10MB, close enough-10.3MB).
1YwhqgK.gif

and here it is in webm form with the same dimensions as the image in OP.

Man, I can't wait to play this game in 3-player co-op with my Pop and a close family friend. I kinda want to be Jack lol (not just because of the achievements, but partially because of the achievements lol).

edit: aw shit! I just noticed I forgot to do that "Gears 5" text on top. Oh well, probably doesn't matter anyways...

Fortunately, the Jack achievements can be earned in singleplayer as well if need be.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
I can't wait to play this, just upgraded my Gamepass sub to Ultimate for $1 USD for 2 months which is a ridiculous offer here in México.

I'm just playing Gears 4 for the first time, the first two acts were mostly crap, i mean not crap but so generic, boring and unispired, i get what they were going for but they basically had the typical Gears badies with a different skin which is where the uninspired comment comes from.

I'm on the third act now and now this is more like it, this is the Gears i like, so much fun fighting in these scenarios against enemies that don't speak ALL the time for no reason, more agile, i don't know it's just much better.

I'm trying to beat it before friday so i can dive in on 5.