• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Now that I think about it, I remember an old pre-E3 2019 leak that correctly described Escape (before it was even announced) and some new Horde mechanics, plus the map builder. The leak also said that all Locust enemies from the past games would return for Escape custom maps. Was that scrapped? Incorrect? Pushed to post-launch for polish? If I recall correctly, I think I might have actually read that leak here on Era. I might be mis-remembering, but I don't think so.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
wait it unlocks at different times for different countries? That seems really shortsighted on their part. Should be a single global unlock time.

Having said that, how feasible is it to change my Xbox country to NZ to get it a day early?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Now that I think about it, I remember an old pre-E3 2019 leak that correctly described Escape (before it was even announced) and some new Horde mechanics, plus the map builder. The leak also said that all Locust enemies from the past games would return for Escape custom maps. Was that scrapped? Incorrect? Pushed to post-launch for polish? If I recall correctly, I think I might have actually read that leak here on Era. I might be mis-remembering, but I don't think so.

I'd imagine something of that size would likely be post-launch support. Sounds like we might have a good year of that stuff and likely going into next-gen since it'll surely have a update for more performance there.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I'd imagine something of that size would likely be post-launch support. Sounds like we might have a good year of that stuff and likely going into next-gen since it'll surely have a update for more performance there.
That's what I think as well. We know that the Map Builder for Horde is coming out post-launch, so classic enemies might be part of it. Fingers crossed! I want to chainsaw some Kantus.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So you can get it even earlier than 9pm your local time just by changing your xbox's time? Do they ever punish people for that? Seems like a pretty big loophole that would get abused all the time.
Only works for Gamepass versions tho. And no they dont punish for that. People do it since 2013 with getting games from different stores etc.
Why would MS care also. They are not gonna punish people that want to play earlier.

Oggmeiler

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So if I change my Xbox to NZ I can play at around 11am tomorrow? (GMT+1) Timezones fucks with my head.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
So if I change my Xbox to NZ I can play at around 11am tomorrow? (GMT+1) Timezones fucks with my head.
5ywqrefn5wx21.jpg

Basically 25 hours from now for NZ, it's currently 8 PM there of Sept 4th.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
wait it unlocks at different times for different countries? That seems really shortsighted on their part. Should be a single global unlock time.

I couldn't disagree more. That's how releases are generally done on Steam thanks to Valve's archaic rolling unlock system, and as someone who lives at the end opposite end of the world, it's frustrating when consoles get a game at midnight local time but I'm stuck waiting more than a full 24 hours for late morning PT.

Having said that, how feasible is it to change my Xbox country to NZ to get it a day early?

It'll do the trick if you'll be playing via Game Pass. If you've purchased the game, you'll have to wait until 9pm local time.

Wait, so the ultimate will unlock at 9PM UK time for me tonight?

Tomorrow.

Can someone make a countdown for the ultimate release?

It'll unlock first in NZ. Ultimate Edition (Game Pass Ultimate):

t1567674000z0.png

Standard edition (regular Game Pass):

t1568019600z0.png

Last edited:

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man, I'm starting to get hyped. I still have to play through the first 4 games though, currently in Act IV in the first game.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Wish GoW 4 was on Steam before I start GoW 5. Is there any quick summary in the game on the previous games? I stopped playing after GoW 3 (or maybe it was GoW 2)

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Been watching a bit of the campaign and this game looks ridiculously beautiful. I can't wait to play this on my PC. 4k/Ultra with the ultra hd texture pack for high-end rigs is gonna be a sight to behold.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was gonna have to spend $120 to play this and 2K20! Thanks to gamepass only gotta spend $60! Thanks,Microsoft! Anyway so hype for Gears! I still remember playing Gears 1 on day 1! I'm getting old! Lmaooo

Apr 6, 2018
Watching Ninja's stream and even more confused why they didn't show off the campaign more, especially at E3. There are some grand epic moments even in the first act. Like stuff you'd usually see from Call of Duty campaign footage that wows people.
They said they wanted to do an experimental marketing campaign for the age of streamers and gamepass
Yes I remember that leak too...

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
I just woke up at 5am thinking it came out now due to the new zealand trick. I failed myself with time conversion. Sad morning :(.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Caught some more footage today and I might be going crazy, but it looked like the scene in the village between Kait and JD looks even better now compared to 2018. The part where Kait walks through the brush into a snowy landscape doesn't look as good or detailed, but still looks damn impressive.

I think I've watched enough footage, now the wait until Friday begins.

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
So game unlocks tommorow at 11am my time with the NZ trick. All I have to do is switch the region on my Xbox to NZ, right?

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
How do I know if I have the Ultimate edition pre-loaded? I accessed the Ultimate edition 2 weeks back from the store. The pre-load popped up today but it shows the regular Gears 5 art. Any way to check?

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, I downloaded Gears 5 a few days ago while I only had the standard PC game pass. Today I upgraded to Ultimate. Do I need to redownload the whole game, so I can play tomorrow?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
How do I know if I have the Ultimate edition pre-loaded? I accessed the Ultimate edition 2 weeks back from the store. The pre-load popped up today but it shows the regular Gears 5 art. Any way to check?
All versions are technically the same with the download. It just checks when its time of you have gamepass ultimate and unlocks for you.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Well, that review thread is certainly going to go on for a long time.

I'm really looking forward to diving in tomorrow though.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
im playing through the campaign of the other games, not done with 2-4 yet. But I should be able to jump here for MP right?

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is it true if you're playing the campaign co-op (three player), one of the players has to play as Jack?

SiassaDavid

Jun 15, 2018
Vienna, Austria
I want to play Gears 5 with my girlfriend. She is not that much into Gears but has some base knowledge. What character should she play as when we play splitscreen together?

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
So the New Zealand trick works regardless of where you own/purchased Gamespass digitally? It's not like the games you had to buy in that region to unlock to that timezone?