• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Great OT!

When are we getting a damn somber/sad music trailer?

Also, I wish they would have added a Brute from Halo into the playable characters roster, would have been a cool surprise alongside the Spartans, and fir their player model shape.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
20lT6KE.png

Gears 5 4th and 12th top seller on Steam (I assume Ultimate vs. Standard?)
It should go even higher once the game is released.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Great OT! Got like 2 years of Game Pass with an Alienware giveaway so I'm hoping my current PC can run it. Otherwise, see y'all in november!

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Until last year I hadn't even played a single Gears game, and now I'm lining up for my sixth game in the series to drop on launch day.

Game Pass really is a game changer.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great OP! I love the title too and appreciate that its a bit of a deep cut for Gears fans.

I've been a huge Gears fan since day one. I've watched the series fall off the radar of "mainstream" gamers or whatever you call the gaming zeitgeist thing the last like 5 years or so and I gotta say I'm thrilled to see Xbox and The Coalition going hard on bringing the series back front and center where it has always belonged. Having Ninja stream is a great move to get his younger audience interested and letting it be the flagship offering of Game Pass this year is awesome. I'm so happy to see it getting such a push, I really want to see this game catch on and find a long-lasting audience.

The content on offer here is insane. Campaign you can play alone or co-op, a VS mode with esports tuning, a 3P co-op mode (Escape) and a 5P co-op mode (Horde) and then a map editor on top of all that? Totally crazy. Can't wait.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it I am a sucker for these limited edition controllers.. just bought the Gears 5 one. For what its worth right now $10 off at best buy.

Also hell yea awesome OT..... well done!

Last edited:

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome job on the OT, I love it!

So hyped for Gears 5! All preloaded and ready to go. Gamepass is the best!

tenor.gif

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how does it work with gamepass? I assume I have to download it from Microsoft Store and not Steam? If I buy it from Steam, will I be able to play with people on Xbox and/or Microsoft store on PC?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My Rod is ready.

Though, I'm really hoping that moving to Win32 means I won't have issues with freezing on my PC like Gears 4 does. Every other game works fine, and Gears 4's campaign is fine, but when I do Horde mode it freezes up at the first enemy encounter 😒😒😒

Oh well, I still have my One X in case there are any PC issues

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Early Access is on the 5th, right?

That's what the store is telling me. 5th and 9pm local time.

Edit: lol, just take a look above this post

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So how does it work with gamepass? I assume I have to download it from Microsoft Store and not Steam? If I buy it from Steam, will I be able to play with people on Xbox and/or Microsoft store on PC?

Game Pass is only on the MS store so you would need to download from there. There's crossplay with both Steam and Xbox users.

Early Access is on the 5th, right?

That's what the store is telling me. 5th and 9pm local time.

Yes. The Coalition released the launch times, it is 9pm Thursday in your region so for instance in the US, it unlocks for everyone in the US at 9PM ET on Thursday.

Slicer Dyster you should add the release timings to the OP

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Ninja streaming it was what I expected. Expect him to stream Halo Infinite and be on Scarlett commercials next year too

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
Such a beautiful OT :') ...

Can't wait for Thursday and then 2K on Friday followed by the start of the NFL season. So good!!!